Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: M.I.A - Keith Thurman

This thread could easily have been called "Danny Garcia - MIA" just saying.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, I have a bias that I favor the guys trying to make the hard fights. And bias against the guys that avoid them like the plague.

Brook was the number 1 guy according to Ring, and he brings more money than Garcia. If Garcia is better, why were ALL the other top guys looking at Garcia? The simple answer is everyone knew Garcia was the easier fight.

I’d love to hear what you think makes Garcia a better fighter. I am not talking about accomplishments at 140. I’m talking about being a better fighter. You say he’s better, tell me how.

Do this and I’ll gladly tell you all the ways Brook is a better fighter. We can compare notes

Edit-You have a few hours to think, I have to go to work

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Ron Swanson Garcia has been in with and beaten the better fighters, Brook has beaten one good fighter in his entire career. People want to fight Garcia because they know they won’t have to travel to England to do it. Brook has spent his entire career at home beating up bums aside from the one night he scraped by Porter.
    Last edited by GaMo; 10-09-2017 at 04:17 AM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    This thread could easily have been called "Danny Garcia - MIA" just saying.
    Could be said for anyone in the top five as they’ve all only fought once this year

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    @Ron Swanson Garcia has been in with and beaten the better fighters, Brook has beaten one good fighter in his entire career. People want to fight Garcia because they know they won’t have to travel to England to do it. Brook has spent his entire career at home beating up bums aside from the one night he scraped by Porter.
    So you don’t want to list the ways Danny is better, I know why, you know why, everyone here knows why. It’s not a winning proposition. So you follow the Swift model and avoid.

I make no argument that Garcia has the better CV. But he’s not the better fighter. That’s why he has repeatedly turned down ordered fights.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    So you don’t want to list the ways Danny is better, I know why, you know why, everyone here knows why. It’s not a winning proposition. So you follow the Swift model and avoid.

I make no argument that Garcia has the better CV. But he’s not the better fighter. That’s why he has repeatedly turned down ordered fights.

Why is Brook better? Answer that then as you’ve already agreed he has an inferior CV

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Brook would beat Garcia. Kell is a superior welterweight, even if Garcia has fought better names they have been at the lower weight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Elbow injury must be fixed now..ffs.

The 147 division is waiting for someone to completely take it over..Floyd is retired and Manny is a part time fighter.

We all know Bob arum will be cherry picking fighters for Crawford (only in his stable) for the next two years so who else is going to make this happen.

I used to like Garcia but he has no excuse for not making the Porter fight..at least Porter wants to fight the best.

Spence?

A new improved Khan? (Don't laugh)

Who needs to make more noise and take this divison by the horns?!
    I am heading down to 147 to take the title and Dominate

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think Brock would beat Garcia..
    Even Master agrees

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think Ron started nailing it towards the end wnen he pointed out that Danny has faced and beaten better competition, but mostly at a lower weight. I view Spence as the class of that division, but Danny has proven me wrong many times, and Thurman surprised me with his win vs Porter, so I'm not at a point where I can definitively say Spence dominates both. All of this is subjective and speculative at this point, none of it is definite or guaranteed.

In my OPINION, Brook is better/tougher than both Garcia and Thurman, but not by much, and I recognize that this is strictly my opinion. The only way we see if we are right or wrong is for all of these guys to fight each other, so instead of insulting or demeaning any of these guys, we should recognize their talent start beating the drum for these guys to settle things with a Super Six type tournament at 147.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook is moving up to light middle now.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I doubt very seriously either Thurman or Spence fear one another and save for Crawford..who should already be at 147..are the cream of the division. Thurman has done well to finally have his big showcase showdown with another top fighter like Garcia though Garcia very much tip toed his way arriving at 147 and when his time came he kept his hands in his pockets in many spots. Now he's thinking about a Brandon Rios fight? Ok. Anyone want to really talk about damaged goods. It's a bit disingenuous to knock Brook getting bashed up after jumping two divisions to take a fight that frankly no one expected him to win in the first place. He didn't exactly choke there and held his own on the cards and suffered a serious injury. Spence did what a top fighter looking for a breakout does and fought the number 1,2 guy in division. And he traveled to do it and put it all on the line. Something to be said about respected points in careers between Spence and Thurman also, Spence is considered the top dog by more than a few where at same 4.5 yr mark Thurman was literally missing in action sitting out for over a year and still to fight his own 'damaged goods' in Carlos Quintana for a stepping stone trinket.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 10-09-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To address his M.I.A status the guy who had elective surgery the week that one way or another his clear next rightful opponent would emerge. The guy he said he wanted to fight next would emerge.

The guy that left country after his next rightful opponent emerged. He’s back, immediately after his next rightful opponent signed a fight Keith Thurman is back.

What does he say? He says he will fight in February or March. That’s nearly a year for fricken bone spurs being removed.

But he’s looking at Spence right? Well, not really, he says first TBA needs a shot so he can knock the rust off. Then Porter or Garcia. Then Spence...Maybe.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=glVA4VAqUQ4

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He’s quit at 147 and 160 so why not make it a hat trick

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He’s quit at 147 and 160 so why not make it a hat trick
    Better to avoid tough fights than quit right GaMo?

Thread Information