Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hatton to fight PAC if he can't get a Mayweather rematch

Share/Bookmark
    XaduBoxer Guest

Default Hatton to fight PAC if he can't get a Mayweather rematch

"When Manny Pacquiao was suggested as a good match-up - the Hitman didn’t deny it was a good idea “ we’ve not been in talks but there’s been some approaches made in the past. Although I’d like to think I’ve got my next three fights mapped out (should I win obviously!) - Lazcano, Malignaggi and we’re talking about Mayweather. I’d like it to be Mayweather obviously - but if not, Manny might be a fantastic second. I think it’s clear my intentions are to get back to winning tracks, get over to America and fight the best."

Hmmnnn...

XaduBoxer Guest

Default Re: Hatton to fight PAC if he can't get a Mayweather rematch

ICB Guest

Why the hell would Hatton want a rematch with Mayweather anyway ?? it would be one of the most pointless rematches in recent years.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Why the hell would Hatton want a rematch with Mayweather anyway ?? it would be one of the most pointless rematches in recent years.
    But, if there was only a different referee (maybe Hatton's mom will be available this time), and if Floyd wasn't allowed to foul Hatton like Hatton was allowed to foul Tszyu, and if it was fought in a smaller ring, and if the fight had been in the U.K., and if Hatton had been allowed to do steroids for 3 months prior to the fight, and if he was allowed to carry a lead pipe into the ring he could have won! </sarcasm>

Sorry Hatton fans, I like the guy too, but I'm sick of hearing excuses for his loss to PBF. He was beat by the better man and he'd lose to Floyd 9 times out of 10 regardless of the circumstances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    But, if there was only a different referee (maybe Hatton's mom will be available this time), and if Floyd wasn't allowed to foul Hatton like Hatton was allowed to foul Tszyu, and if it was fought in a smaller ring, and if the fight had been in the U.K., and if Hatton had been allowed to do steroids for 3 months prior to the fight, and if he was allowed to carry a lead pipe into the ring he could have won! </sarcasm>

Sorry Hatton fans, I like the guy too, but I'm sick of hearing excuses for his loss to PBF. He was beat by the better man and he'd lose to Floyd 9 times out of 10 regardless of the circumstances.
    10 out of 10.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First of all Hatton will never get a PBF rematch, he never won a round and was KTFO! Secondly, this is a bad match up for Pac as i believe Hatton would be to big and strong for the Pac man. Thirdly, i don't think Hatton knows what direction to take his career after losing to PBF. One thing is for certain it won't be heading toward a second PBF fight!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont know about losing 10 out of 10
    mayweather looked the most uncomfortable in the ring against hatton than any other fighter. and I gave hatton a couple rounds not many but a couple.
    a spontaneous creation with multiple moods.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Doot View Post
    mayweather looked the most uncomfortable in the ring against hatton than any other fighter. and I gave hatton a couple rounds not many but a couple.
    Mayweather may have looked uncomfortable because of the way Hatton fights but he was very comfortable with the way the fight was progressing to it's ultimate ending.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL. Hatton more or less admits that he can't really hack it a half division higher at welterweight ("I'm not as strong there" he says) but he don't mind facing off against Pacquaio as a supposed legacy enhancing fight.

What a scrub!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton had been fighting at 140 for 12 years while pac hasn't even fought at 135 yet. This is a complete mismatch but if their motive is $$$$$ then pac may continue with this stupid idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if hatton wins this next fight and then beats Paulie, and looks impressive in doing so, i can near enough garuantee that mayweather-Hatton will happen late next year.. Possibly at wembley..
    dont Fuck with the chuck

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Doot View Post
    Well he did win 2 rounds on my card thats about it, and Mayweather looked more uncomfortable vs Jesus Chavez, Jose Luis Castillo 1 etc.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    First of all Hatton will never get a PBF rematch, he never won a round and was KTFO! Secondly, this is a bad match up for Pac as i believe Hatton would be to big and strong for the Pac man. Thirdly, i don't think Hatton knows what direction to take his career after losing to PBF. One thing is for certain it won't be heading toward a second PBF fight!

Looks like Hatton-PAC is 99.99% done deal since Hatton will never get a PBF rematch...

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just want to see Ricky come back and beating Lazcano convincingly. He just got knocked out fer christs sakes. One at a time, one at a time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't like it when the Mayweather-Oscar rematch was announced, but I can accept the fight because the first one was competitive.

Mayweather-Hatton II, on the other hand, would be completely pointless. Mayweather will knock him out again and in fewer rounds this time. There is no referee, training regimen, weight class, or set of judges that could give Ricky Hatton the ability to compete with Mayweather.

Thread Information