Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default George Foreman facing sexual abuse allegations

Former heavyweight boxing champion George Foreman has revealed that he is facing sexual abuse allegations from two women.

The women, who have not been identified, have claimed they were abused by the ex-boxer in the 1970s.

In an unusual move, Foreman released a statement announcing that the allegations had been made against him.

The 73-year-old said his accusers have been trying to get "millions of dollars" from him and his family for the last six months.

"They are falsely claiming that I sexually abused them over 45 years ago in the 1970s," Foreman's statement read.

"I adamantly and categorically deny these allegations."

The Olympic Gold medallist added that he will now work with his lawyers to expose, what he called, his "accusers scheme" and defend himself in court.

"The pride I take in my reputation means as much to me as my sports accomplishments, and I will not be intimidated by baseless threats and lies," said Foreman.

"I don't pick fights, but I don't run away from them either."

With a professional record of 76-5 with 68 knockouts, Foreman's career earned him a reputation as one of the most fearsome punchers of all time.

In 1974, he famously lost his world title to Muhammad Ali at the Rumble In The Jungle event in Kinshasa, in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Twenty years later, he became the oldest man to ever hold the heavyweight championship world title after beating Michael Moorer at the age of 45.

He retired just a few years later in 1997 after losing to Shannon Briggs by majority decision.

His successful career was recognised in 2003 when he was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...id=msedgntphdr
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: George Foreman facing sexual abuse allegations

......in the 1970s................ let that sink in for a minute. 50 years ago.....So when he was at the Top of The Shop from 1970 until his 1st retirement in 1977, not a peep from these gals. Then (it gets better) they figured he was a broke-ass preacher in Texas from 1978 until 1987 so couldnt sue him for nothin'............ but THEN when he makes his comeback, in 1987 or so, until he ascends the throne in 1994 by KOing Moorer, ....STILL not a peep from these gals. Even though he is at that time rich as fuck from Foreman Grills and boxing and yes being the HW Champ of The World. AND STILL not a peep from these gals.

Fast forward 30 fucking years later.......yes thats right you heard it, 30 YEARS later.......and now they said to themselves "You know what? Big George really violated us what, 52 years ago, so now would be a good time to come out with it, yeah, now looks good."

I think we should all sit back and think about why it would take 50+ years to decide to bring this up.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    ......in the 1970s................ let that sink in for a minute. 50 years ago.....So when he was at the Top of The Shop from 1970 until his 1st retirement in 1977, not a peep from these gals. Then (it gets better) they figured he was a broke-ass preacher in Texas from 1978 until 1987 so couldnt sue him for nothin'............ but THEN when he makes his comeback, in 1987 or so, until he ascends the throne in 1994 by KOing Moorer, ....STILL not a peep from these gals. Even though he is at that time rich as fuck from Foreman Grills and boxing and yes being the HW Champ of The World. AND STILL not a peep from these gals.

Fast forward 30 fucking years later.......yes thats right you heard it, 30 YEARS later.......and now they said to themselves "You know what? Big George really violated us what, 52 years ago, so now would be a good time to come out with it, yeah, now looks good."

I think we should all sit back and think about why it would take 50+ years to decide to bring this up.

This.

Sorry. As much as I sympathize with the plight of sexually harrassed women all over the world... there has to be some sort of statute of limitations on this crap.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it was about money they would have done it when he became champion again and earning millions.

Very hard to prove so they are not doing it for the fun of it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Annoys the fuck out of me these kind of claims. And that they get traction and get investigated.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These women will soon run out of men to slander, and then what will they do?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Once the harm is done to the reputation the stain remains... and the women can slink back to their boring everyday lives after they've cast some doubt on ol' George.

Thread Information