Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well done Ricky Burns new WBO world Champion in FOTY Candidate!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Well done Ricky Burns new WBO world Champion in FOTY Candidate!!

Great performance never expected that, if you missed it I would advise watch it cracking fight, Burns hurt many times in the fight but came through and totally outboxed Martinez and fought fire with fire for the full 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Well done Ricky Burns new WBO world Champion in FOTY Candidate!!

Agreed, great fight. I never expected Burns to look so smooth and comfortable in there. Although Martinez was just looking for the big shots he was in it right to the end, buzzed Ricky regularly and could have got him out of there on numerous occasions. Having said that though, if Burns had a bit more power he could have forced the stoppage. Excellent performance, I don't think anybody thought he had it in him

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolutley top bollocks.

Well done Ricky Burns, never gave up, looked the better fighter for large parts and slogged his guts out.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The perfect example of styles making fights. Burns goes out there trying to box, and gets a right down the middle to put him on his arse in the first. This forces Burns to be a little more offensive, fantastic fight ensues.

Burns always looked vulnerable when Martinez caught him, and he slobbed out on the ropes, but he did well, and boxed enough to take the title comfortably. Superb stuff from a guy who was a gatekeeper/at the fringes for much of his earlier career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Totally agree with all u guys. I was expecting burns to get blown away, but he showed great heart ,determination and skill to pull out the win. What a great fight. I'm so happy for the lad. What a great way to kick off skys fight season. Well done again ricky burns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i was hoping interim champion, jorge solis would have fought martinez because i really never thought martinez was very good. i am absolutely certain solis would have easily beaten him. oh well, now solis will have to win the title from ricky burns.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone have a link? If so, please PM me.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had a feeling Martinez might be a little overrated. Never thought he was that overrated. Looked completely one-dimensional. He most likely will go the same route as Prescott.

As for Burns. It was a good win for him. Showed heart. The title will most likely be gone in his next fight

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was a top fight , Burns showed real Celtic grit , and well done to him.
    However i feel that in a world of multi title holders , it just goes to show how poor some guys with belts are.
    Martinez looked like a puncher with no boxing style or ability to adapt , 15 ko's in 24 wins doesnt exactly suggest Julian Jackson either.
    However not taking anything away from Ricky he fought like a champion if nothing else.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight, great win for Burns he deserved it, cost me a mini-fortune though ()
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Good fight, great win for Burns he deserved it, cost me a mini-fortune though ()
    I thought the same as you. Thought Martinez would have far too much for him. Great performance by Burns. It'll be tough for him to hang on to the title, but even if he loses in his first defence, he's still gone much further than probably anyone could have imagined.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You gotta love the Scottish nuthuggers hahaha just flicking through on another forum and they seem to think he will now be topping a Vegas Bill in the next 12 months and there getting there bags packed for the trip.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    You gotta love the Scottish nuthuggers hahaha just flicking through on another forum and they seem to think he will now be topping a Vegas Bill in the next 12 months and there getting there bags packed for the trip.
    Don't kill their dreams man. He could be the next Jim Watt!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't wait to watch this fight I was out last night

Cheers again VD

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just saw the fight, and good job by Burns, Martinez fought a dumb fight and just kept loading up on one big punch, wouldn't mind seeing a rematch, but yea i've said it before Martinez was the weakest of the current champs from PR

Thread Information