Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Does it take for a Ginge to Gain Respect?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What Does it take for a Ginge to Gain Respect?

The story of how Daniel Jacobs is a washed up fighter.

Or how Jacobs will be weight drained because of some half pound agreement like Chavez Jr.

Coming to a Boxing discussion forum near you.
    Last edited by KickMuck; 02-07-2019 at 10:14 PM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What Does it take for a Ginge to Gain Respect?

He has already earned mine.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he’s a good fighter, but has had way too many things go his way in his career because he is the Mexican darling of boxing. I will give him a lot of respect if he beats Jacobs. I still think he lost to GGG both fights.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jacobs is a force and Canelo regardless of drunken judges got his respect. His initial rematch approach and fondness for sketchy meats pre fight..not so much. But he earned respect and squared his little ginger balls up in rematch and fought like a real champ. Jacobs too last time out. The man has a stick and legit pop, natural size and all things considered has made multiple great come backs in career. I think if Canelo fights him the way he did Golovkin I see Canelo having some big problems. Of course, the fight has yet to happen and a possible decision rendered so we can always figure that into respect . Helluva match, fans win.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I think he’s a good fighter, but has had way too many things go his way in his career because he is the Mexican darling of boxing. I will give him a lot of respect if he beats Jacobs. I still think he lost to GGG both fights.

This almost exactly.

One thing I find amusing is how Canelo fights almost exclusively in the friendly confines of Las Vegas, and only ventured out of there to fight Rocky Fielding, hardly a dangerous opponent.

Now that he's done with Fielding, it's let's run back to Vegas, where the judges are in my pocket.

Meanwhile Jacobs, who by contrast has fought his entire career in New York, suddenly has to uproot himself and go fight Canelo in his backyard.

Everything in a silver platter, just like it's always been.

If looks like sh_t and smells like sh_t...........

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he's a terrific fighter and underrated boxer. I only judge fighters by what they do in the ring, couldn't give a shit about their personal lives, so never really understood the hate for him apart from it's standard practice for all popular/star fighters to get shitolads of haters too.

Catchweights? They've always happened.

Drugs? Your heroes get caught too.

Favourable decisions? Part and parcel of the game.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I think he's a terrific fighter and underrated boxer. I only judge fighters by what they do in the ring, couldn't give a shit about their personal lives, so never really understood the hate for him apart from it's standard practice for all popular/star fighters to get shitolads of haters too.

But when it’s all three all the time? It gets a bit annoying. I get that things happen, but there is no denying that since he is a cash cow that he gets basically anything he wants.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But when it’s all three all the time? It gets a bit annoying. I get that things happen, but there is no denying that since he is a cash cow that he gets basically anything he wants.
    I understand this, although he still needs to get in there and take the punches. So it's not all gravy.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yet to see a case of Canelo fighting CW where it was legitimately considered a 'challenge' or disadvantage to him. Lately CW is a design not a want. He was smart though, he padded his division step ups perfectly. JC the heavy bag and Fields 168 to wear the weight with Jacobs who comes in huge.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo is at least fighting a top contender/world champion in Jacobs so he deserves some respect there but the feeling is that if it goes to the judges he will always get the decision does not sit right with me.

It is more than just getting close decisions all the time, it is getting ridiculous.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    The story of how Daniel Jacobs is a washed up fighter.

Or how Jacobs will be weight drained because of some half pound agreement like Chavez Jr.

Coming to a Boxing discussion forum near you.
    In answer to the original question , Die his Hair!!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair, the second one happened once (at least with him getting caught). The other two are standard fare as far as Ginger's concerned. For other fighters they're occasional.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

I understand this, although he still needs to get in there and take the punches. So it's not all gravy.
    I used to respect him more back in the day. Honestly though, he is the product of his environment. Most of us would do the same thing if we were him. Take the easiest road possible to make the most money possible. That isn’t to say he hasn’t fought some good fighters but that he has relied on great match making, catchweights, and bad decisions to get to where he is at now.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kill the catchweights, abide by rehydration stipulations, try to be as transparent as possible with the drug testing and finally keep his and Oscar's mouth shut.

Boxing fans tend to have long memories when it comes to things there not so favorite fighters have done. I think Canelo is talented and i give him credit for trying to pick up techniques and different training to try and get better as he progresses through his career. That being said, there's a boundary that shouldn't be crossed when it comes to be PED's.

He claimed it was unintentional and each person will make up their mind as to whether he's telling the truth or not. The problem for many people is. The Golovkin thing dragged on way longer than it should have. The first fight took forever to make (first he hid in his own 155lb weight class, then he wanted a bunch of warm up fights first, while telling people he' doesn't f*ck around, then stalled some more) Concessions, low balling, etc resulted in him looking for an edge every way possible. Then fight night finally arrives and golovkin gets jobbed, a judge gets embarrassed and all the nickel and diming didn't fool anyone. Canelo openly states that he won the fight, fishnets too. Rematch in the works and Canelo gets popped for Clen... It wasn't meeee, he says.. it came from the meat .. it must have.. despite both his trainers being butchers. Still here come the stipulations on money, and custom gloves etc. Its tainted Canelos career because all the questionable decisions and risk shaving he's done with the catchweights etc have now come back into play and established a pattern of behavior that makes him a guy desperate for an edge and buying wins. Fruitless in the first match and to some, in the second as well as Golovkin still bested him in some peoples eyes.

So now people are just looking for him to cheat. Which is a shame because he has more to offer the game if he stays humble. His slimeball promoter has other designs and looks to follow the Mayweather routine to a tee by being brash and talk smack for him.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He’ll never have my complete respect because of the cheating but we did spend years waiting on a champ like him that will take the hard fights like Jacobs. So he deserves respect for that. The last champ owed Jacobs a rematch but never gave it. Owed other fights and didn’t give. And I have confidence this champ will give GGG his deserved 3rd attempt. So he is better than the last champ in that regard, if not a better fighter. And what should we all want from a champ, making the right fights. We’re finally getting that so we should be happy. Shame it comes with all the baggage.

Thread Information