Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Why is the US supporting the Al-Qaeda-linked terrorist group HTS in Syria?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why is the US supporting the Al-Qaeda-linked terrorist group HTS in Syria?

Why is the US supporting the Al-Qaeda-linked terrorist group HTS in Syria?

HTS is designated as a terrorist organisation by the UN, which estimates it and al-Qaeda have 10,000 fighters in Idlib, including many foreigners.

Syrian port city Latakia 'attacked by missiles from sea'

https://www.rt.com/news/438665-missi...latakia-syria/

Syrian air defenses have engaged missiles targeting the area of Latakia, a city in the coastal province that is the home of Russia’s Khmeimim Air Base.
    According to the state SANA news agency, the attack targeted the Technical Industries Agency headquarters in Latakia, owned by the Syrian military. Reports from the area refer to “powerful explosions” heard in the city.

Putin & Erdogan agree Idlib buffer zone to avert new Syria crisis

https://www.rt.com/news/438652-putin...demilitarized/

About 70 percent of Idlib province is controlled by various terrorist factions, including Al Qaeda’s Syria affiliate HTS (formerly known as the Al-Nusra Front).

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Why is the US supporting the Al-Qaeda-linked terrorist group HTS in Syria?

That article doesn't say anything about America or the United States as in like those three words aren't even found in the article at all. Literally "United" "United States" "States" and "America" aren't anywhere in the article at all.

There was a blurb about Israel...
    Quote Originally Posted by From Article
    Multiple local reports are accusing Israel of launching the strikes, but there has been no independent confirmation of that.
    but there has been no independent confirmation of that....so again nothing.

What are you on about man? All I can tell is that Syria is fucked either way. Assad stays in power and he's got to re-establish his strength as a leader which means cracking down on everyone else. Assad gets ousted and we've got another murderhappy shithole with no ironfisted dictator...not a bunch of good ways for this to end.

I'd rather Assad stay in power, if he's an evil asshole, he's RUSSIA and CHINA's evil asshole.....we certainly don't need to stick our noses into yet another shitty Middle Eastern quagmire they can all get fucked for all I care. We needn't waste our young men and women's lives and health on any of those nations, let THEM fight it's their damned war.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Why is the US supporting the Al-Qaeda-linked terrorist group HTS in Syria?

I've read the attacks were targeting the Syrian Scientific Research Center at Latakia and airport in Hama and there was also activity in Tartus.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I read an article yesterday about the marines working with a known terrorist group. I gotta try to dig it up.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I read an article yesterday about the marines working with a known terrorist group. I gotta try to dig it up.
    I mean I knew they HAD worked with them before see John McCain over there with all those dudes, but since Trump has taken charge I'm not sure what we're doing specifically.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bolton calls on Al-Qaeda to stage more chemical attacks in Syria

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/436783-us-s...attack-bolton/

National Security Adviser John Bolton has reportedly said that Washington is prepared to take strong military action against Syria

https://sputniknews.com/us/201808251...mikal-weapons/

US will ‘respond very strongly’ if Assad uses chemical weapons in Idlib: Bolton

http://www.rudaw.net/english/middleeast/syria/22082018

Terrorists readying chemical attack to frame Damascus & provide pretext for US strikes

https://www.rt.com/news/436812-syria...s-provocation/

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I mean I knew they HAD worked with them before see John McCain over there with all those dudes, but since Trump has taken charge I'm not sure what we're doing specifically.
    Ya I wish I could find the articles they hooked up with some locals to knock on isis door and I guess the locals are tied to a reported group of terrorists but since I can’t find it now I can’t say more. I’d be surprised if the Marines were letting that happen but if it’s coming from above a marine will follow orders

Thread Information