Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kell Brooks first loss on the way.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs down Kell Brooks first loss on the way.

Now Brook is taking on one of the elite of the division. I think this will be where Kells career takes a turn for the worst. I see a late stoppage for Porter. Kell will tire around the ninth round and im predicting a tenth round stoppage.
    What do u lot think.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kell Brooks first loss on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
    Now Brook is taking on one of the elite of the division. I think this will be where Kells career takes a turn for the worst. I see a late stoppage for Porter. Kell will tire around the ninth round and im predicting a tenth round stoppage.
    What do u lot think.
    I can see Porter getting stopped in about 6 rounds, Kell will bust him up using his jab Brook
    with just take Porter apart, well that's the way I see it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't seen Brook fight, that I can remember, so I'm looking forward to this one.
    Two undefeated, and experienced fighters with decent KO records is almost irresistible.
    GBP is doing well, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    What do u lot think.
    I can see Porter getting stopped in about 6 rounds, Kell will bust him up using his jab Brook
    with just take Porter apart, well that's the way I see it.

I agree, porter is being massively over hyped

I don't think he has the skill to match brook, his best bet is to try and beat him up

I think round 6 is a bit soon tho, I think he will run out of steam and be stopped by 8-10
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think k porter will win but "elite" is a bit much. He's a good fighter and has been groomed well. He'll get a payday and then I see him retiring.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see the big deal with Porter either, he's strong as an ox and has an engine, but doesn't do anything standout. For him to get inside on Brook he needs to get past that heavy jab.

Obviously Brook could bottle it, he's clearly not the strongest mentally, but if you factor the occasion out of it, I think Brook is by far the more talented.

Either Brook will look a million dollars or Porter will stretch him out. (how about that for a fence sit)
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boatloads of talent and no metal upstairs vs Limited talent and boatloads of metal.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do u lot think.
    This is a big step for Brook- Porter is on a hot streak. But Brook is a better calibre fighter than Porter is.

Will Porter close the skills-gap in time? Power alone won't work on Brook and he won't just "wear" Brook down.

This is a good winnable fight for Brook. This is the test that will set him on a real world stage. He should train hard and should put out all the stops to win- and win impressively.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    What do u lot think.
    This is a big step for Brook- Porter is on a hot streak. But Brook is a better calibre fighter than Porter is.

Will Porter close the skills-gap in time? Power alone won't work on Brook and he won't just "wear" Brook down.

This is a good winnable fight for Brook. This is the test that will set him on a real world stage. He should train hard and should put out all the stops to win- and win impressively.
    Porter has tons more experience in the ring than Brook. Brook appears to have some natural boxing skill though but I have only seen him couple of time jennis and hatton and wasn't all that impressed. We'll should learn something about the two in this fight.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Porter here and my reason is because of experience, competition faced and trajectory. Porter has faced Devon Alexander, Paulie and Phil LoGreco in his last few fights. What they have in common is that they are all boxers. Porter swarmed and outworked all of them. What's Brook? A boxer. Who has Brook struggled with? A tough, come-forward guy in Carson Jones. Styles make fights and I think the style advantage lies with Porter. I see Brook building up an early lead only to fade down the stretch. It won't hurt for Porter that this fight is in the USA either.

The other scenario I can see happening though is that the Brooks fans are correct and he's a better boxer than I think, and he starts slow, but figures Porter out by the middle rounds.

Also, is Porter Golden Boy? I think he's just Al Haymon.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just like Alexander, Brook has the tools to make this look fairly easy however just like Alexander he's a special case upstairs. Fighting for the first time away from home may be enough to topple Brooks Shit even their styles are similar. I'm going to take Brook in this one and maybe even by a mid to late stoppage. Porter seems pretty average to me.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a good fight and I think Brooks will win. The winner should fight Khan for the right to fight Floyd.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Porter hand Brook his first loss by devastating KO
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Brook has problems with Carson Jones he isn't going to be able to handle Porter. Porter will have too much for him and outwork him or KO him.

If Hearn fancied Brook's chances he would have put the money up and got the fight in Britain. It could have sold 10 000 tickets and got a decent cheque from Sky. But he got his fingers burnt paying Crawford to come over to fight Ricky Burns and doesn't fancy the same thing happening again.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i agree with the poster above. I don't think Porter can on points as Brook is by far the more skilled and awkward boxer.

Porter can bang though, and Brook has been known to cut corners in training. He seriously gassed out against Carson Jones, and I've never seen him really take a big punch.

Early finish for Porter or a 8th round stoppage for Brooke. If both fighters are still there by the ninth, Brooke settles for a wide points win
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information