Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Rafale Marquez vs. JM Lopez in September

If JM Lopez wins his fight against Bernabe Concepcion next month the fight will take place September 18. Should be a good one, hope it happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rafale Marquez vs. JM Lopez in September

Agree should be a cracker of a bout....I have to pick RM in this one unless JuanMa catches him with a really big shot

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gotta give both guys huge credit if they go through with it

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight, and a hard one to call IMO. It all depends on how much Rafa has left after the fights with Vazquez. If he's close to 100%, he should beat Lopez, but if not he might be in some trouble. Rafa can be hurt and Lopez has some power, so this is a very intriguing fight.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Great fight, and a hard one to call IMO. It all depends on how much Rafa has left after the fights with Vazquez. If he's close to 100%, he should beat Lopez, but if not he might be in some trouble. Rafa can be hurt and Lopez has some power, so this is a very intriguing fight.
    Marquez looked good last time out, i wouldn't say 100% but IMO he's still able to take on a couple of the top guys out there

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice,nice,NICE...these are what we need to go for as "other" stars bicker and play word games with one another rather then fighting.Has crossroads fight all over it at first glance.

Have to go with Rafa keeping it smart and gradually widening the calibur gap.He's been through the shredder but think he still has enough.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Marquez looked good last time out, i wouldn't say 100% but IMO he's still able to take on a couple of the top guys out there
    He was fighting a shell last time out though, I think Lopez is a much bigger threat than a badly faded Vazquez. This fight will tell us more about Rafa than the last one.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was fighting a shell last time out though, I think Lopez is a much bigger threat than a badly faded Vazquez. This fight will tell us more about Rafa than the last one.
    that's true but you could still see that he has a bit left, even it it's not up to a young guy like Lopez's level

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While I agree Vasquez was far from his best & Lopez is very dangerous, Marquez looked sharp to me! We saw what happen when the limited Mtagwa took him into deep waters & I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa knocks Lopez out!!!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    While I agree Vasquez was far from his best & Lopez is very dangerous, Marquez looked sharp to me! We saw what happen when the limited Mtagwa took him into deep waters & I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa knocks Lopez out!!!
    That wouldn't surprise me either really, I just think that Rafa is an unknown quantity at this point in regards to how worn down he is. Nothing that happened in this fight would really surprise me, it's that kind of situation. Either guy could win.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was gonna ask why he's not fighting Gamboa, but I looked on Boxrec and it shows him fighting Orlando Salido. Looking at featherwieght division, theres soo many great fights to be made. Theres alot of solid veterans that are there for the taking for these up and comers like Gamboa, Mickey Garcia, JC Burgos.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Nice,nice,NICE...these are what we need to go for as "other" stars bicker and play word games with one another rather then fighting.Has crossroads fight all over it at first glance.

Have to go with Rafa keeping it smart and gradually widening the calibur gap.He's been through the shredder but think he still has enough.
    If he thinks he was was in a tough one with Mtagwa, just wait til RM gets in there. Gonna be a KO for Marquez IMO.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think Vasquez is past it at all, his face is just falling apart. You try to box when your eyelid is flapping down and blocking your vision...in both eyes, with blood pouring all over. But yes his face is a shell of what it was =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm a big fan of juanma and this is the big one for him. if he prepares well he could possibly stop marquez imo. first things first though he has to get pass bernabe concepcion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

If he thinks he was was in a tough one with Mtagwa, just wait til RM gets in there. Gonna be a KO for Marquez IMO.
    Exactly what Im thinking bud.I'll take Marquez at war torn best over a still green Lopez.I think hes too deep for Lopez.

Thread Information