Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

It depends who is fighting on it each month, but i will pay for it this month because of Burns - Kastidis, Bute -Johnson, Groves - Smith, Selby -Simpson, Crolla - Limond, Lebedev -Toney, gotta be worth a tenner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    It depends who is fighting on it each month, but i will pay for it this month because of Burns - Kastidis, Bute -Johnson, Groves - Smith, Selby -Simpson, Crolla - Limond, Lebedev -Toney, gotta be worth a tenner.
    Yea but if box nation get away with this what's gunna happen next itv will start charging people a 5 er to watch coronation street or emerdale!! It's a rip off for tv that we are already paying for!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i have just commented on something simmilar on a box nation post........ as i never seen this one i thinks its really good but not sure about pay per view

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So it goes subscription for Cotto-Margarito?.... or Khan-Peterson? Interesting

The rest of December's action doesn't look very impressive

(odds against this channel is still operating this time next year)
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I'll pay for it, my internet connection is often too slow to stream fights and I've been really enjoying watching Boxnation so far. I don't see why it can't survive into next year and keep going from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like we're going to have to if we want the big fights as Sky have confirmed today that they are pulling the plug on ALL Pay Per View boxing "for now"..... All of a sudden a tenner a month seems ok - obviously depending on the quality AND amount of decent bills. One thing that does worry me is when Warren said in an interview "it will start as a free channel, then from 2012 will be £10 a month....from there we will see how it goes...." Methinks somewhere along the line additional fees may be in store....but I'll wait and see. Yes I will be buying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way in the world will I be paying 120 pound a year for boxing. When I watch all the fights on YouTube anywayz!!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bet you won't be able to switch on and off month by month either - and will there be an initial connection fee ??
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously don't know why people are fussed paying 10 quid. Just don't spend as much on one night out and you can have a good boxing channel. 10 quid is fuck all!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Totally agree with Tam. When this launched they were talking about 2 live fight cards a week. At £120 a year this works out at £1.15 for each fight card. How is this not fantastic value if you're a boxing fan? I just don't get why some are moaning. It has to make money to survive and £10 a month for what you get seems a steal compared to the same charge for mutv etc...

I understand that with Sky on top that's more expensive but not £70 each month. For that you are obviously getting a large Sky package. Why not reduce the cost of this and add BoxNation? I guess it depends on your situation but that's what I would do if money was an issue.

As for the issue of the fights getting cut short Buncy said on his show they were working on this and would fix it. I can only assume this will be fixed by the time they charge.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am going to get it, you lot should cancel your sky, that is what I say and join the boxnation revolution.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another thread says that sky aren't doing box-office fights either so I think the boxnation channel will have the best fights. I'm on virgin and not bothered about paying 10 quid, it's fuck all when you do work it out. As long as they continue to have good fights whats wrong with paying? We are in a modern world and you have to pay for everything these days. No way its going to ever be free people just need to accept that fact and stop moaning about it. It could be a lot worse than 10 quid a month for what they are offfering IMO. And as long as they bring quality boxing I'll pay it.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cannot afford to pay so it does bother me, but I stopped subscribing to sky a while back so it will be from that money I have saved I will be using to watch boxnation, not from the fund that feeds the kids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I cannot afford to pay so it does bother me, but I stopped subscribing to sky a while back so it will be from that money I have saved I will be using to watch boxnation, not from the fund that feeds the kids.
    I think I'm right in saying you have Virgin instead of Sky. Can't get Virgin where I live but is it that much cheaper for the equivalent package?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think I'm right in saying you have Virgin instead of Sky. Can't get Virgin where I live but is it that much cheaper for the equivalent package?
    They are all doing deals now, so it depends on what works for you. I have the bundle phone,internet,XL TV package which includes Europsort and ESPN (and kids stuff like Ben 10 for the children) for £48 + calls which is normally another £10 a month. That works for me but sky do bundle packages too as do BT.

Thread Information