Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Anyone doing a RBR for the Murray v Mcallister fight??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anyone doing a RBR for the Murray v Mcallister fight??

I think this Lightweight British title clash could be a good fight, Murray is a 2/7 fav which i think is about right as he is the champ and his last performance against very durable Lee Meager who gave Jon Thaxton a great fight 12 months earlier was very impressive, i think John needs to put a performance on here and possibly line up a fight with Thaxton later in he year.
    I think he would prefer Amir Kahn but i think Warren sees Murray as to much of a danger for not much reward, and seems Kahn is going another route with the Barrera fight in March, i like Murray and speak to him now and again i think he wins this fight with a stoppage around 10.

Is anyone doing a RBR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone doing a RBR for the Murray v Mcallister fight??

Another cracking British Title fight, Murray was just to strong 8th round stoppage great body shot, Murray i think was a bit reckless tonight and if Mcallister had a bit more pop could of stopped Murray in his tracks, if he polishes his skills a bit more i think Murray can be world class, i think he stops Thaxton aswell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mcallister threw it away imo.. should of kept the fight in the middle of the ring and picked him off like he did early rounds, instead he let murray back him up far too easily.

I like Murray though.. reminds me of Hatton a bit. Murray v Khan would be a cracking fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree mate , it happens with so many British fighters who have the talent but dont seem to have the brains to cope in the big fight atmosphere, there egos get the better off them and they just fancy a brawl, Mcallister had most of the advantages in there reach speed footwork, but he just didnt have the right game plan or have the tactical brain to fight a certain fight.

I think Murray hurts Kahn. There is no chance whatsoever of Warren putting Kahn in with a fighter of Murrays style and capabilitys while he is such a small draw the risk/reward factor would unbelievable.

I think Murray/Thaxton will happen both Hennesey fighters and a great fight that would be.

Thread Information