Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Put your money where your mouth is. ;-)

Voters
27. This poll is closed
  • Wilder by KO - Rounds 1 - 6

4 14.81%
  • Wilder by KO - Rounds 7 - 12

11 40.74%
  • Wilder by UD

0 0%
  • Wilder by SD

0 0%
  • Fury by KO - Rounds 1 - 6

0 0%
  • Fury by KO - Rounds 7 - 12

2 7.41%
  • Fury by UD

5 18.52%
  • Fury by SD

3 11.11%
  • Draw

2 7.41%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wilder vs Fury: Who wins and how?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder vs Fury: Who wins and how?

Bro....😄....

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

C'mon guys...... nobody for Fury by KO?

It isn't entirely impossible. If Fury comes in and performs the boxing match of a lifetime.... and Wilder is unable to solve his unorthodox style.... and if Wilder allows himself to be frustrated by Fury's tactics.... and if Fury manages to avoid The Big Shot..... (lot of "ifs" I know )...... who KNOWS..... this is heavyweight boxing. Anything could happen. I'm sticking to my prediction of Wilder by KO in Rounds 7 through 12. But surely there must be a brave soul out there who really thinks it'll be Fury by KO instead.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Two weeks left guys.

Two weeks to one of the more anticipated HW title fights in awhile.

The only options I didn't include in the poll were pull-outs by either fighter. I know Wilder won't pull out, barring some catastrophic occurrence.

But frankly, Fury still worries me. And now with this stuff about his dad not being able to make the trip.... I don't know... could provide a handy last-minute excuse.

So far so good, though.

We've all got our predictions (publicly or privately ). But frankly anything can happen in there. Fury can razzle and dazzle with his unorthodox skill, speed, or awkwardness (not to mention height advantage)..... or Wilder can surprise us with some skills of his own and sweep the floor with Fury. We'll just have to see.

I would expect @Alpha to put this one on the Saddo pick thread.

C'mon guys..... still time to put your votes in.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like many fights, I think this one got hyped up so much that everyone seemed to forget that Fury was at his best almost 4 years ago and has since not boxed and gotten out of shape and has proven nothing inside the ring.

I think that the promoters knew that this could be a big money making fight if hypes right. I’ll for sure watch the fight although no way I’m paying for it. I’ll stream it. Wilder easily wins.

El Kabong Guest

I think we'll find out if Tyson Fury was sandbagging it vs Pianeta or if he's mentally stable enough to compete at the highest level, there are as many if not more questions about him as there are about Wilder. I think Wilder is probably not impressed with Fury's power at all and so he could be not even worrying about his defense which could be his undoing.

This fight could have ANYTHING happen, Fury could be dominant or dominated, Wilder could be dominant or dominated, Fury could win by early KO, Wilder could just coast to a points win, there could be a DQ, there could be a riot, SI! Amigos falling from the sky El Guapo!

Two undefeated unorthodox fighters, could be fight of the year, could be an absolute shitshow.

I think it'll be a chess match until if/when Wilder connects clean....don't know who wins, but I know that's THE key is Wilder landing with his power and how Fury responds to it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see how Wilder wins unless his equalizer lands.

Wilder goes 12 with Stiverne - a decent performance albeit against a fat human statue / subesquently Stiverne gets even fatter and more static.
    Molina - gets wobbled and outboxed at times in 9 rounds / subsequently Molina is stopped with ease by AJ and Breazeale.
    Duhaupas - takes 11 rounds to get rid of a man subsequently knocked unconcious by Povetkin and schooled by Fat baby.
    Szpilka - gets outboxed at times in 9 rounds / subsequently Szpilka is knocked unconcious by Kownaki and struggled with Wach.
    Washington - gets outboxed until 5th round KO / subsequently Washington is stopped by Fat Baby.
    Ortiz - comes back by the skin of his teeth after the geriatric's zimmer frame buckled in 10 rounds.

If these men - who have done nothing to boost the form - can navigate their way into the later stages and even have success then why wont Fury? He's an expert at using his own superior range/size, slowing fights down and hasn't taken a shot since Cunningham almost decapitated him with a run up and overarm bowl. Jab, jab, jab, switch, turn, switch, jab, clown, Wilder will spend all night with a cocked right hand with nowhere to go.
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-21-2018 at 02:12 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Wilder goes 12 with Stiverne - a decent performance albeit against a fat human statue / subesquently Stiverne gets even fatter and more static.
    Molina - gets wobbled and outboxed at times in 9 rounds / subsequently Molina is stopped with ease by AJ and Breazeale.
    Duhaupas - takes 11 rounds to get rid of a man subsequently knocked unconcious by Povetkin and schooled by Fat baby.
    Szpilka - gets outboxed at times in 9 rounds / subsequently Szpilka is knocked unconcious by Kownaki and struggled with Wach.
    Washington - gets outboxed until 5th round KO / subsequently Washington is stopped by Fat Baby.
    Ortiz - comes back by the skin of his teeth after the geriatric's zimmer frame buckled in 10 rounds.

If these men - who have done nothing to boost the form - can navigate their way into the later stages and even have success then why wont Fury? He's an expert at using his own superior range/size, slowing fights down and hasn't taken a shot since Cunningham almost decapitated him with a run up and overarm bowl. Jab, jab, jab, switch, turn, switch, jab, clown, Wilder will spend all night with a cocked right hand with nowhere to go.
    If Fury goes back to his form from 4 years ago then sure. The problem is that boxing is very tough if you aren’t mentally stable. I don’t think that Fury will last until the second half of the fight.

And the one thing all of those fights have in common is that Wilder eventually got to all of them. Other than the first Stiverne fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

If Fury goes back to his form from 4 years ago then sure. The problem is that boxing is very tough if you aren’t mentally stable. I don’t think that Fury will last until the second half of the fight.

And the one thing all of those fights have in common is that Wilder eventually got to all of them. Other than the first Stiverne fight.
    I don't buy all that mental (depression) stuff with Fury, he was out the ring for two years to avoid getting fingered for PEDs, he's always been a wild man outside of training. He just needs the right people around him to get him fit and focused.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wilder sparks him out, however, think it's more likely Fury proves too savvy.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't buy all that mental (depression) stuff with Fury, he was out the ring for two years to avoid getting fingered for PEDs, he's always been a wild man outside of training. He just needs the right people around him to get him fit and focused.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wilder sparks him out, however, think it's more likely Fury proves too savvy.
    I agree with the mental illness BS, but he was coking it up and was extremely overweight during that time, that can put a lot of years on your body.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

I agree with the mental illness BS, but he was coking it up and was extremely overweight during that time, that can put a lot of years on your body.
    Forgot about the coke. I just don’t think that Fury is what he used to be. Also, I was never that high on him before. I would just be surprised to see Fury completely outbox Wilder at this time in their careers.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

Forgot about the coke. I just don’t think that Fury is what he used to be. Also, I was never that high on him before. I would just be surprised to see Fury completely outbox Wilder at this time in their careers.
    It definitely took some sort of toll on him, we just don't know how much yet.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury could win by KO but you have to be realistic and look at what previous opponents Fury has actually knocked out.

Fury beat Wlad and that is the name that puts him head and shoulders above anyone else.

Wilder never looks out of shape at any point and has to be the favourite going into this as he wants this more than anything else.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Fury Looses what will become of him after that? do you think he has what it takes to climb back up to a chance at the number 1 spot?

Or does he call it quits?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    If Fury Looses what will become of him after that? do you think he has what it takes to climb back up to a chance at the number 1 spot?

Or does he call it quits?
    I think he will fall off the rails, wagon and bike.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This interests me a lot , fury fiddled his way to the title beating a gun shy Wlad.
    It will be interesting to see if fury can walk the walk after much talking the talk , as for Wilder the champ he boxes like a drunken giraffe carrying sticks of dynamite .
    So it will be for the most part an edge of the seater with any luck.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information