Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default JT's Stamina

If I were JT's trainer, there is no way he fights again until I have personally taken him to an unbiased cardiologists to be checked over very closely, something isnt right with JT, he gets way too worn out way too fast for his young age. I'm suspicious of JTs constant fading and lack of stamina, a 28 yr old boxer who looks like that, trains for the fights and is in great physical shape should not be fading after 4 or 5 rounds, its not normal and makes me ask the question...is there a health problem here? He did this as far back as I can remember, way before the bhop fights. In the bhop fights, the fact that an evenly trained 40 year old could outlast a 26 year old should raise a serious red flag in the medical department. Its against nature, yeah we all know bhop is a freak and most 40 year olds can go like that, but as much as he was 40 and could go, Jermaine was 26 and couldnt go which is also against nature and usually means there is a heart or lung problem. Its happened to many athletes over the years in other sports. Even so in boxing, Evander Hollyfield was once put out of boxing for a time with an irregular heartbeat which was causing him to get winded or not have stamina after a little exertion had occurred. I just think a 28 year old has a constant stamina problem which is obvious to everyone here and to everyone whose ever seen him fight, theres gotta be a health problem somewhere with him.

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: JT's Stamina

Now it is all starting to make sense. Taylor is part of some sick secret make a wish foundation and Taylor's wish was to be Middle Weight Champion. No wonder the judges were always judging his fights the way they were.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for bringing this up as I was wondering about the same thing. It is quite irregular for Taylor to get tired after that second round surge when Joe Calzaghe can throw 1200 punches in a fight and not sound winded in the interview (then again I think Calzaghe is irregular ). There are issues such as chronic fatigue that could play a role, but another possibility is the panic factor. One of the things that allows fighters such as Hopkins or Calzaghe to do what they do, is the fact that they do not panic and are always in a calm state (as much as one can be during a fucking fight ya know). I don't see Taylor having this same comfort zone.

Personally I have my own experiences with things of this nature in the mixed martial art class I attend. Of course we spar, and in the act of sparring someone my own size (whether it's a more experienced fighter or not) I tend to not hit the panic button, and it does SEEM as though I can fight all night long without worrying about stamina - it's very comfortable. But like any class we have people of all different sizes and we all fight each other no matter what the size. ANY time I spar with the inexperienced 250lb troglodyte who seriously lacks control I get winded very quick, or even some of the instructors who heavily outweigh me and always make it a point to punish you to get you used to the fact in a real fight if the other person is bigger this is what they're going to do... I get tired so unbelievably fast due to hitting the panic button. I truly think this has something to do with Jermaine Taylor's stamina issue, he doesn't stay calm or focused, his adrenaline starts to pump and his energy is gone within minutes. Bottom line it's a recurring issue and I'm very curious to see what exactly is causing this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    Now it is all starting to make sense. Taylor is part of some sick secret make a wish foundation and Taylor's wish was to be Middle Weight Champion. No wonder the judges were always judging his fights the way they were.
    C'mon danny, I'm being serious here, if it were your son and you seen this recurring problem would you not want him checked out by a cardiologist or just a doctor in general. I'm not focusing on the pavlik fight so much as I am JT's whole career. I remember when he fought william joppy, he did the same thing, luckily he had caught joppy good in the earlier rounds and joppy was afraid to fight fearing the KO, so he ran, but it might have been a good thing for JT that he did as JT was seriously out of energy by the middle to late rounds

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally JT sucks he has 0 gas in the tank , gets gift wins , and he got his ass kicked and i for one wont be sad if he never bores me to death again .
    as for his health im sure the millions he made from being boreing may help heal the pain
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For one thing, he's about as nervous and tense looking a fighter as I've ever seen, usually those kind of guys tend to tire out quicker than the more relaxed fighters.

Not to mention he seems to try to put everything on every punch he throws, especially the right hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JT said he would throw 5,000 punches. Mofo chronically fatigued himself out in mid-rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JT's stamina?
    I'd probably ask Danny G, I believe he's the only Saddos poster who has slept with him.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    JT's stamina?
    I'd probably ask Danny G, I believe he's the only Saddos poster who has slept with him.
    Poor Jermain G@ylor It's true, he runs out of gas in the bed too 5 seconds into it and he is dead tired he also has a very little SweetPea Yes we call his little thingy SweetPea. Do you also have a small wee wee SweetPea? Or is it because you enjoy drinking sweet piss?

SweetPea LMAO!

What a phukin name!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My Stamina is just fine thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's simple, he doesn't work hard enough in the gym. He needs more miles, more rounds, more conditioning.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'Big' Dan McCarthy
    It's simple, he doesn't work hard enough in the gym. He needs more miles, more rounds, more conditioning.
    You are wrong Dan Frank Bruno worked like a trooper in the gym but , in hard fights he ran out of gas,
    fact is JT was in a hard fight and HEY guess wot he ran out of gas , you can only get fit by training you can suddenly change the way your body works
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Regarding JT's stamina, he said he punched himself out. He knocked Kelly down on the 2nd he was going wild in that round trying to take Pavlik out, but JT was knocked out on the 7th that means he hasnt recovered or at least got a second wind on the following 4-5 rounds
    He must really have stamina issues then
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok i had Taylor picked, so i just want everybody to Know that im not makin an excuse.

But in an old issue of the Ring they interviewed both Jermaine and his original trainer. The trainer emphasised how He actually had to stop Jermaine trining, had to limit the amount he would run, had to stop him doing extra rounds, how he couldn't keep Jermaine sparring half as long as he wanted. He said that Jermaine had a horrible fear that one night he'd arrive in the ring and be under prepared.

So does this implicate the possability of over training?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I blame making the weight as the primary reason for the lack of stamina, other points are valid including being nervous taking up unnecessary energy and the knock down where he may have lost composure and used too much energy. It will all improve when he moves up in weight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information