Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Best P4P Mayweather or Hopkins?

I will not say much with detail (I'm a bit lazy today) of each opponents but I will say this.

While I do hate B-Hop and yes he has lost some fights do to age and maybe weigh issues. B-Hop is the better of the two because his opposition has been more dangerous than Mayweather.

Don't get me wrong both are great talents and while I do criticize Floyd for making Hatton come to 147 B-Hop did the same to Winky to come up at 170.

They only way that Floyd could be there equally to B-Hop is if he beats Cotto at 147 but he's not even metion to fight the bggest thread at 147 and But B-Hop is already fighting JC.

Hey don't burn me that's my Honest opinion.

Any Comments?
    Last edited by Puya; 03-05-2008 at 08:01 PM.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Best P4P Mayweather or Hopkins?

Hi Puya , dont worry i dont think that nobody going to burn you its your opinion and you are sharing it , so everybody has to respect that and i suggest to all ours friends , to put thier point of view to develope these topic ......after all i agree with you Puya if Mayweather want to proclaim himself as the most p4p , he will have to confront Cotto.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Neither of the 2. Hopkins got a gift against Winky and his best work has been against guys moving way up while mayweather just fights the most vulnerable money making fighters.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya View Post
    I will not say much with detail (I'm a bit lazy today) of each opponents but I will say this.

While I do hate B-Hop and yes he has lost some fights do to age and maybe weigh issues. B-Hop is the better of the two because his opposition has been more dangerous than Mayweather.

Don't get me wrong both are great talents and while I do criticize Floyd for making Hatton come to 147 B-Hop did the same to Winky to come up at 170.

They only way that Floyd could be there equally to B-Hop is if he beats Cotto at 147 but he's not even metion to fight the bggest thread at 147 and But B-Hop is already fighting JC.

Hey don't burn me that's my Honest opinion.

Any Comments?
    I don't think anyone would knock you for your opinion, there a valid reasons why people choose any number of guys these days. manny pac, floyd, b hop, calzaghe whatever....i happen to disagree since i think floyd is the clear cut best. No one has beat him now, probably won't in the near future, and really no one has any real good idea on how to. Floyd is floyds only real threat right now. There are a ton of fighter that can be built up and put into a 24/7 series and made to seem like they can beat him, but other than that only floyd beats floyd and that's why i easily have him at no 1
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bx730NY View Post
    Neither of the 2. Hopkins got a gift against Winky and his best work has been against guys moving way up while mayweather just fights the most vulnerable money making fighters.
    I totally Agree with the Bold statement.

Like Floyd vs Castillo 1 but Floyd did gave him the rematch. I do admire that as a boxing fan
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bx730NY View Post
    Ok Genius. So if all the boxing experts are wrong and PBF isnt the P4P champ, and its not BHOP then who is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hop has beaten more top p4p fighters in the last few years. As for now Id say Hopkins is p4p #1. Winky was also higher on the p4p list than Hatton prior to Hop beating him. Its close and Mayweather may be #1 p4p he has a good case, but if the old man beats Calzaghe, hes #1 for sure and it could even be argued he is as top 10 fighter of all time imo.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    Hop has beaten more top p4p fighters in the last few years. As for now Id say Hopkins is p4p #1. Winky was also higher on the p4p list than Hatton prior to Hop beating him. Its close and Mayweather may be #1 p4p he has a good case, but if the old man beats Calzaghe, hes #1 for sure and it could even be argued he is as top 10 fighter of all time imo.
    And if Floyd beats Cotto will they be equal? What do you think?

By the way
    I'm Rooting fot Cotto and JC
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya View Post
    And if Floyd beats Cotto will they be equal? What do you think?

By the way
    I'm Rooting fot Cotto and JC
    No, i think Calzaghe is p4p higher than Cotto as of now, but who knows if Floyd ever fights Cotto while hes still undefeated. I think he will wait for him to lose. If Floyd fights Cotto while hes undefeated I think Cotto beats him. And I also think Joe outworks Hopkins.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    Ok Genius. So if all the boxing experts are wrong and PBF isnt the P4P champ, and its not BHOP then who is it?
    How about Pac who has done nothing but ko and retire legend after legend and will continue the trend in 2 weeks.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I go with PBF. He's putting together a Pernell Whitaker like career now, an elusive defensive artiste who's proven to be an unsolvable enigmatic puzzle. No one really beat Pernell in his prime, and floyd is in a similar situation.

B-hops had a great career, but floyd's had one of genius.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweahter is by far the best fighter in the world, he counter punches better than Hopkins, he has better defense than Hopkins, he's faster than Hopkins, he's won all of his fights. Hopkins is a great fighter, but he barely beat Winky, he's slowed down, and he isn't the same guy he used to be, but he's never been as good as Mayweather. There is no aspect of the fight game he does better than Mayweather anymore like I said... he used to be a better inside fighter than Mayweather, but now he isn't, he used to be a better fighter coming forward, but not anymore. I don't see how you can even compare these two... many of the boxing "pros" already place Mayweather's career higher than B-Hop's p4p and he is only 30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barnard Hopkins?? Are people forgetting that he was twice beaten by Jermain Taylor?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    Barnard Hopkins?? Are people forgetting that he was twice beaten by Jermain Taylor?
    For that reason, Kelly Pavlik deserves to be as one of the top 5 p4p then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather but Hopkins has beaten better fighters and Hopkins was robbed against JT and Castillo was robbed against Counterfit.

Thread Information