Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather Jr's recent fight night weight's

Anybody here got a screenshot of Floyd's fight night weight in his fights vs Marquez, Mosley or Ortiz anyone of those will do. Just curious because I am a little confused when people here mention Cotto being the bigger guy I know Floyd started really Light but his physique matured throughout the years and a guy looking as big as Sugar Shane(pertaining to Floyd) can weigh less than 156 lbs IMO.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Mayweather Jr's recent fight night weight's

Floyd has the bigger height and reach, I think his frame is more slender though. Cotto is more stout. Just my view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Floyd has the bigger height and reach, I think his frame is more slender though. Cotto is more stout. Just my view.
    That's how I see it before, but after re-watching the Mayweather vs Mosely fight it seems like Floyd's muscle mass seems to match Shane who comes in over 155 pounds. But yeah Cotto is stocky.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotton has big shoulders and shorter arms thus he looks bigger side-on.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    That's how I see it before, but after re-watching the Mayweather vs Mosely fight it seems like Floyd's muscle mass seems to match Shane who comes in over 155 pounds. But yeah Cotto is stocky.
    That fight was at 147....Cotto used to blow up for the actual fight the way Gatti did so I figure he's going to be heavier than Floyd based on that, but you never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That fight was at 147....Cotto used to blow up for the actual fight the way Gatti did so I figure he's going to be heavier than Floyd based on that, but you never know.
    I hope you're right never really saw Miguel as a big 147 pounder to begin with.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz, who was making the first defense of the belt he won via decision in a fight of the year candidate with Andre Berto in April, stepped onto the unofficial HBO fight-night scale at 164 pounds. Mayweather was 150 pounds.

The above is from an espn article.

I remember when Floyd fought de la hoya, a boxing writer (don't remember which) said that Floyd needed rocks in his pockets to get his weight up (a joke, but a well made point).

Floyd is one of the few guys that could still make 147 with same day weigh ins.

3 things about weight:
    1-Cotto will weigh less than Ortiz did; Cotto weighs in around 152 for many of his junior middle fights and he honestly is a smaller guy that Ortiz. Ortiz is still young enough and crazy enough to not eat and dehydrate the hell out of himself to make 147. He's bigger than Cotto.
    2-Ortiz's size and weight advantage meant little
    3-Ortiz only weighed a few pounds less than what Sergio Martinez weighs when he gets into the ring. Why? Ortiz really is the same size as most junior middles and Martinez is really still a junior middle.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Floyd only really became a full and strong welterweight in the Shane fight, before that he was relying more on his boxing ability. I think he will be at a disadvantage fighting at light middle against Cotto but other than that he has everything else on his side such as skill, reach, height, speed, accuracy and durability.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post
    Ortiz, who was making the first defense of the belt he won via decision in a fight of the year candidate with Andre Berto in April, stepped onto the unofficial HBO fight-night scale at 164 pounds. Mayweather was 150 pounds.

I remember when Floyd fought de la hoya, a boxing writer (don't remember which) said that Floyd needed rocks in his pockets to get his weight up (a joke, but a well made point).

3 things about weight:
    1-Cotto will weigh less than Ortiz did; Cotto weighs in around 152 for many of his junior middle fights and he honestly is a smaller guy that Ortiz. Ortiz is still young enough and crazy enough to not eat and dehydrate the hell out of himself to make 147. He's bigger than Cotto.
    3-Ortiz only weighed a few pounds less than what Sergio Martinez weighs when he gets into the ring. Why? Ortiz really is the same size as most junior middles and Martinez is really still a junior middle.
    Sergio Martinez if my memory serves me well comes in at 170 pounds fight night in a middleweight fight. That is a huge junior middle IMO.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3 things about weight:
    Sergio Martinez if my memory serves me well comes in at 170 pounds fight night in a middleweight fight. That is a huge junior middle IMO.
    Martinez weighed 165 on unofficial scale against Barker. 1 pound more than Ortiz against Mayweather. No unofficial scale for Macklin fight.

Margarito against Pac-165 on unofficial scale.
    Canelo vs Matt Hatton- Canelo 165
    Kirkland vs Molina- Kirkland was 174

165 is a reasonable number when they get in the ring for many junior welters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3 things about weight:
    Martinez weighed 165 on unofficial scale against Barker. 1 pound more than Ortiz against Mayweather. No unofficial scale for Macklin fight.

Margarito against Pac-165 on unofficial scale.
    Canelo vs Matt Hatton- Canelo 165
    Kirkland vs Molina- Kirkland was 174

165 is a reasonable number when they get in the ring for many junior welters.
    thanks for the info, yup a 10+ pounds rehydration usually is the average weight gains in these weightclasses. I just thought I saw in one of his fights Sergio weighing 170 pounds it might be against Dzinziruk
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto should come in on the lite side and not all bulked up if he stands a honest go at it. Really, these two will get a wink and a nod on number and as is unfortunately happening more and more in the sport they can break off 10-30% of purse to make the bell ring. I think guys are getting more adapt at figuring in the 'unofficial' and pre day weigh in and actual goal weight. Jr. divisions are coming back to bite legitimacy in he ass if you ask me. Ortiz could have weighed 175 and he would have been getting hit twice as much.

Thread Information