Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Calzaghe Talks Roy Jones Jr Fight(Video)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

10 miles from Manchester, 6 miles from Bolton
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Calzaghe Talks Roy Jones Jr Fight(Video)

Cheers CB
    Hidden Content

If it's yellow, let it mellow... If it's brown, invite me 'round...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both top men.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should be a interesting fight.I really hope that Calzaghe does fight Pavlik before he retires

Good work CB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But then when is the right time to retire for Joe, as there will always be a Pavlic, Lacy or whoever coming up ... it's tricky but I feel Joe has earned the right to retire when he feels the time is right .. and I for one would find it nothing short of shocking if he was then accused of ducking or avoiding anyone ... he never has and wouldn't be starting now by retiring.
    (Not accusing anyone of calling Joe a ducker by the way...well not yet at least lol)

Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    Should be a interesting fight.I really hope that Calzaghe does fight Pavlik before he retires

Good work CB
    I hope so too. He will beat up Jones though and Calzaghe knows it. Calzaghe is a ballerina here hoping to put on a technically pleasing performance.

Fighting Pavlik will actually mean more than looking good, a lot more. I hope Calzaghe seriously thinks about finishing off with the Pavlik showdown.

The very fact that Pavlik is fighting hopkins shows that a Pavlik fight was perfectly maintainable if Joe wanted it. I expect Pavlik to beat Hopkins better than Joe did. Then we shall see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

Good work CB
    I hope so too. He will beat up Jones though and Calzaghe knows it. Calzaghe is a ballerina here hoping to put on a technically pleasing performance.

Fighting Pavlik will actually mean more than looking good, a lot more. I hope Calzaghe seriously thinks about finishing off with the Pavlik showdown.

The very fact that Pavlik is fighting hopkins shows that a Pavlik fight was perfectly maintainable if Joe wanted it. I expect Pavlik to beat Hopkins better than Joe did. Then we shall see.

yep if Calzaghe and Pavlik both win think the fight will happen, Calzaghe may say he's retiring but I think he's just trying to get more money for fighting Pavlik, but I still don't write off Hopkins(or Roy), I thought Joe was going to stop him but he proved me wrong, he won't want to go out on another loss...

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post

Good work CB

yep if Calzaghe and Pavlik both win think the fight will happen, Calzaghe may say he's retiring but I think he's just trying to get more money for fighting Pavlik, but I still don't write off Hopkins(or Roy), I thought Joe was going to stop him but he proved me wrong, he won't want to go out on another loss...
    The Calzaghe: Hopkins fight was only close because of a faulty Hopkins testicle (or dare I call bullshit). Pavlik is too much work for a mid 40's BHop. Fingers crossed though that he gets to fight Calzaghe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post

The Calzaghe: Hopkins fight was only close because of a faulty Hopkins testicle (or dare I call bullshit). Pavlik is too much work for a mid 40's BHop. Fingers crossed though that he gets to fight Calzaghe.

yeah Pavlik should have to much for him, but Hopkins is crafty as hell, Im actually really looking forward to it, probably more so than JC/RJJ

Thread Information