Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why so many Pac haters? It seems that every thread there's always a hater?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why so many Pac haters? It seems that every thread there's always a hater?

Just curious. I know there are a lot of Pacnuthuggers, but is he that bad of a boxer for people to hate him?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why so many Pac haters? It seems that every thread there's always a hater?

So people shouldn't criticize him? So people that see a blatant robbery shouldn't complain about it?

Should we all kneel and worship him like those loafers do in his house? Not a chance. If I see injustice I will talk about it and what I saw think weekend was really awful. It wasn't Manny's fault directly, but when you have peculiar people talking about foot stomping and offering bizarre assessments of how the fight was not a robbery then that is bound to provoke a reaction too.

If Manny had admitted he lost there wouldn't be much to be railing against and the same if his fans would just accept it too without going off into fantasy land.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Why so many Pac haters? It seems that every thread there's always a hater?

Quote Originally Posted by texasgamer View Post
    Just curious. I know there are a lot of Pacnuthuggers, but is he that bad of a boxer for people to hate him?
    Im a fan of JMM but i got nothing against Manny Pacquiao, its just i think my fighter has been unfairly treated in scoring just because Manny Pacquiao is the bigger fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did not say we should not criticize him. I thought he did shitty on his fight against JMM, and he should carefully think about his skills if he were to fight PBF. But to hate him because there so many fans out there who worship him blindly, then that is not really fair. He has a lot of flaws and that makes him human, if anyone should hate anyone it should be Bob Arum or the Judges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    So people shouldn't criticize him? So people that see a blatant robbery shouldn't complain about it?

Should we all kneel and worship him like those loafers do in his house? Not a chance. If I see injustice I will talk about it and what I saw think weekend was really awful. It wasn't Manny's fault directly, but when you have peculiar people talking about foot stomping and offering bizarre assessments of how the fight was not a robbery then that is bound to provoke a reaction too.

If Manny had admitted he lost there wouldn't be much to be railing against and the same if his fans would just accept it too without going off into fantasy land.
    I agree, but the way I see it, fans' opinion is a two way street. You may see it differently, and may argue for all eternity, but some will always think the other way around. Actually, we are divided here, as I myself is in fact divided. I see marquez winning, pac lost his fire in the ring. Judges saw pac as the winner, I can live with that, but still in my mind, pac lost this time around. What ever the reason is simply worthless now since the fight has been concluded. The only way to deal with this is to have both guys to fight again and I dont think another decision will settle this rivalry once and for all. We all needed a KO the next time.

For discussion's sake, since issues of foot stomping (whatever it is), bribery, robbery, cheating is brought up, fans like you and me will have opinions to share. And I like when I do that.

For the case of haters, thats a roughly strong word to describe other fans. I may classify them into two--Critics and Haters. Its very hard to tell who's the hater and who's a critic. Many haters can be critics, and you can always feel the hate whenever they criticize. Many critics can become haters, when all avenues of argument fails, they will always resort to hateful alternatives.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's just a sign he's so popular and so brilliant. All the best fighters get it.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    It's just a sign he's so popular and so brilliant. All the best fighters get it.
    No wonder Justin Bieber is hated. He's popular. He's Brilliant. But man, i hate him!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I respect Manny for all he has done in the ring and grudgingly so at times because of the way the opponents have all too frequently been my favourites, but have always given credit in the immediate aftermath of a fight. When he destroyed Hatton I was the first on here saying 'well done' and likewise with the Cotto and Margarito wins. I criticized aspects prior to the fights such as Margarito being a crook and Cotto being at a CW and I was critical here too as I believe the Marquez fight should have been at 140, but after the fight have always said fair play to the victor.

I would just like the die hard Pac fans to admit that he lost and for them to have the saem balls. It doesn't mean selling your soul to admit that you are wrong sometimes and some of these people are too stubborn and are coming up with daft excuses. That is what irritates me. Not only the awful nature of the judging, but the pigheadedness of fanboys.

They have mocked Marquez for years and tarnished his name and even when Marquez does it again they have to evade and hide from the obvious way in which Manny was shown up. It is cowardice pure and simple.

I would have respected Manny so much more if he gave Marquez his dues and said 'fair enough he got me'. He couldn't do it and neither can some of these diehards. It's a shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dench View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    No wonder Justin Bieber is hated. He's popular. He's Brilliant. But man, i hate him!
    Me too

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Justin Bieber? Justin bloody Bieber? Talented? I disagree and I hate him too.

The only thing him and Pacquiao have in common are the daft haircuts and actually the quality of the singing is equally dire too.

Horrid teenage hormonal muck.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was ranting a bit there, Justin Bieber clearly ranks far higher on my celebrity loathing list above Manny Pacquiao who to his credit does have quite a lot of talent. However, he does have a silly haircut. There is no escaping that. Bilbo will likely get the same cut a week from now to go with his skinny jeans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol, miles, you've become the opposite of what you once were. you're like clark kent turned into the increadible hulk.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KKisser View Post
    lol, miles, you've become the opposite of what you once were. you're like clark kent turned into the increadible hulk.
    No, the same old me, but not happy with what happened at all. I was convinced that it was a Marquez victory, it was so clear. I don't really see how it went the way it did and the post fight melodrama has vindicated that initial point of view. I wasn't flawed or biased, what I saw was what happened and my repeat viewing nailed that home.

I sound much more angry than I really am, but I am clearly a tad irate about it. It's just not fair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think the TS meant people saying nasty things to pac and the fans. nothing wrong in saying who you think won. its the bashing of pac and pacfans that happens after. people saying that he is a hype job or that pac has no talent at all and was fed bum fighters and that pac knew the fight was fixed before hand.

i think the TS is also referring to people that keeps on hating at pac and the pacfans filipinos the philippines. thing is they keep on saying that they are like that cause of over the top pac nuthuggers when infact pachaters outnumbers pac nuthuggers here in saddo.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, on the whole I think a lot of Pac fans actually like me and respect my stance on a number of issues. And when it comes to the Philippines, I have friends from that part of the world and nobody calls me a serious hater. Though huggers on here probably would. They are just plain odd though.

Pac has fought decent opponents, though in terms of styles has been matched up and now when face to face with Marquez again it was all shown to be illusion. It has been shown that it wasn't hating. Pac hasn't really improved at all. He has just bulked up and kept some snazzy power.

Those who said it was smoke and mirrors have been shown to be right. An old man moving up two divisions could do exactly what he wanted and for the third time. Understandably that makes Pac look a bit silly. But at the same time we should elevate Marquez and rightfully so. He is arguably the best fighter in the world bar one. And Floyd wouldn't even make weight for him. He is that dangerous.

It has destroyed the Pac/Mayweather matchup in my eyes.

Thread Information