Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lamont Peterson positive for Taking drugs? Khan fight off????

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    &lt;br /&gt;<br />
    On a side note, Peterson actaully passed the Nevada drug test because his testosterone ratio was 3.77-1. He failed the VADA test because it also tests for synthetic testosterone, which is what he
    &lt;br /&gt;<br />
    &lt;br /&gt;<br />
    As an aside I think it's ridiculous that you're not allowed to supplement with synthetic testosterone to even up your natural test levels if you are low. So if Khan was up at 6 and Peterson was at 1..how fair is it that he is not allowed to even that up to within range.
    Sorry Alt but I totally disagree with your view that a boxer with a naturally lower level of testosterone should be allowed to supplement it.

That's like saying Malinaggi should be allowed to do PEDS to make him hit as hard as everyone else. If Peterson has a naturally lower level of testosterone than everyone else then tough shit. Khan has a naturally weaker chin than most and that's tough shit too. Peterson knowingly took a BANNED substance and that's pretty clear cut to me, whether he was justified or not...
    You can have an opinion about it but the FACT is that legally he IS allowed to supplement his lower testosterone levels - The only thing he did wrong was not follow the correct procedure and tell whoever needed to be told that he had to take the stuff to stay within NATURAL range. In this case, sure he should be punished.

P.S. Your analagy of Malignagi being allowed PEDs to hit harder is bullshit we're talking about hormone levels for which there can be a number of reasons they are low. Punch power isn't due to hormones..could be a small factor but also technique, muscle fiber type..

However, if somebody is unnaturally low in testosterone, how fair is it to say "Tough shit dude.." - Not very..and would probably be considered discriminatory if he had a condition that kept his testosterone levels lower than is commonly NATURAL. Hence, why the rules are in place that you can legally supplement as long as you keep levels natural and make the proper people aware. So your opinion is simply that..Opinion. There are already official rules in place that disagree with you.
    I could feel sorry for Peterson but I have just heard that they have two tests in one and when the first one came back positive he said he didnt take testosterone. When the second one came back he admited to taking it. This has guilty written all over it in my opinion.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok so maybe my Malinaggi analogy isn't scientifically correct, but the principal remains the same. If what you're saying is true and Peterson is legally allowed to balance out his testosterone then why didn't he declare it?

Alt, judging by your avatar, I suspect me and you read from the same page in regards to PEDs etc. I by no means understand it in detail but my brother owns a gym and competes in body building all the time. I have no problem with steroids in certain sports and accept that it's pretty much standard in athletics and more than likely in boxing too. I'm of the opinion most athletes do it and know how to mask it but every now and again one slips through the net and gets caught.

Peterson got rumbled, unlucky for him.
    Last edited by Conrad; 05-13-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    "He was convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard"

- Mike Tyson Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Ok so maybe my Malinaggi analogy isn't scientifically correct, but the principal remains the same. If what you're saying is true and Peterson is legally allowed to balance out his testosterone then why didn't he declare it?

Alt, judging by your avatar, I suspect me and you read from the same page in regards to PEDs etc. I by no means understand it in detail but my brother owns a gym and competes in body building all the time. I have no problem with steroids in certain sports and accept that it's pretty much standard in athletics and more than likely in boxing too. I'm of the opinion most athletes do it and know how to mask it but every now and again one slips through the net and gets caught.

Peterson got rumbled, unlucky for him.
    I agree with you there about him being guilty there if he didn't declare it - Leighton, same goes for you. I'm not arguing his guilt. Just explaining the rules.

Yeah, the bodybuilding is a given that you need to take PED's to stand a chance. Even, the natural bodybuilding I doubt the tests are stringent.
    That's why I chose fitness modelling over bodybuilding (well, one of many reasons) - I don't want to have to take PED's to compete (although I'm even not naive enough to think people 100% dont in fitness modellng competitions too). I can compete with the physiques in fitness modelling and prefer that look for myself. As well as their shows..heck of a lot more fun than Bodybuilding.

I learnt about PED's way before my interest in competing though. Every sport I've ever been in, PED's have been involved and talked about. From wrestling to boxing. People don't realise how rife the use of it is. I know of some pretty big names for 100% that used which you'd be surprised about. (but you shouldn't be surprised about ANYONE using)
    My 2 pence on the matter.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hypogonadism

That is an article that goes into great detail explaining why some males have low testosterone levels. It also answers the question posed earlier as to what is 'unusually low' levels of testosterone.

I hope its helpful to anyone who's interested

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One part in that story caught my eyes:

"Most people are 1:1. But in sports, you can be 4:1, meaning nearly four times the normal limit. In New York and Nevada, you are allowed to be 6:1. As I have stated in the past, CIR resting caught Peterson with synthetic testosterone in his system but a legal limit T/E ratio of 3.77:1."

He was using it but it was at the legal limit of it. This is getting strange, is he a cheating prick, a nice guy who's branded cheater on a technicallity or WBA will make a strange rulling (we had strange ones before) and he gets to keep his belt due to medical conditions?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly, it doesn't really make any sense. Thanks for posting that article Rant, that's by fair the best account of what actually happened so far. Peterson did in fact press for the stricter testing, and would almost certainly have been able to fight without being detected had he not. That is what is so bizzare to me, was he suspicious that Khan was using something even more obvious? Is he retarded? If he in fact did have unnaturally low levels of testosterone and only took the one tablet administered by a doctor he may be able to save some face here, but to not disclose the conidition and then believe that it wouldn't be detected in the more advanced tests is really strange. I'd like to believe he was poorly informed by his doctors or something. There is just no reason someone knowingly using a banned substance would push for the tests like that.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

However as much as I like Lamont Peterson I can't deny the single fact that it is his sole responsibility to inform his opponent, the commission and the sanctioning body that he was taking the testosterone pill for a medical purpose, if thats why he was being administered by his doctor for it.

If he were to have done that he could have gotten a Therapeutic Use Exemptions but he did not and woe is him and he'll be forever branded a cheater because of it.

Stupid man stupid mistake god damn it I wanted to see the rematch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think Khan should get his belt back

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by alqaqa View Post
    i think Khan should get his belt back
    No, Khan should not get his belts back. The guy tested within very normal levels ffs. He was actually smack down in the middle range. Yet everybody is jumping on him and calling him a cheater. I actually feel for the guy - he made the stupid mistake of not reporting it and now he gets most of the uneducated public who haven't the first clue about the situation branding him a cheater.
    I'll say again, it's fishy as hell that HE was the one pushing for the VADA testing and then getting caught.
    I wonder what Khan's testosterone levels were?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes Khan should get his belts back.

Most of that uneducated public includes every person involved in boxing. Is there anyone that has supported Peterson?

His excuses are par for the course for all drug cheats. He didn't know it was illegal and chose to not reveal he was taking it. Even if you believe him/his team are the thickest people on earth, and this is purely an innocent oversight by these people dealing with millions of dollars at stake, there's not a hope in hell they will get away with this. He'll get banned for taking an illegal substance that he admitted he took before the first Khan fight, which means he's getting stripped of the titles, which means Khan (who passed the exact same random test Peterson failed) might as well be given them back other than two vacant titles be put on the line.

We know Peterson took a banned substance before the first fight and would have had a banned substance in him before the rematch had he not been caught by a random test.

Guy hasn't got a leg to stand on.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Belts should be vacant. Con lost the fight. How the fuck you gonna reward him for losing? Makes no fucking sense.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Belts should be vacant. Con lost the fight. How the fuck you gonna reward him for losing? Makes no fucking sense.
    You'd rather see two new "champions" at 140 instead of having the man that originally held the titles, who was beat by a cheat, re-establish some hierarchy in the division?

That attitude is exactly why boxing is so pathetic. Multi "world" champions per division. Hilarious.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Most of that uneducated public includes every person involved in boxing. Is there anyone that has supported Peterson?
    Anyone calling him a "cheater" is walking a very fine line - So what you are saying in your infinite wisdom (yes, extreme sarcasm) is that ANYONE who has passed the Nevada State Athletic Commisions drug tests with a test range that is above a 1:3.77 ratio is a cheater? Or a potential cheater? Remember that Peterson is the first person caught by these stricter tests - tests that HE demanded and he is still within the normal test ranges.

I guarantee you if you were to pull up every drug test in the last 10 years from the Nevada State Athletic Commision most fighters would show up higher than Peterson did that day.

Synthetic or not..as long as people fall within range and disclose what they're doing, I don't see the problem.

Plus if Peterson has medical backing then he does indeed have a leg to stand on..So, wrong again as usual Fenny boy...Unless they want to question the doctors credibility which you can never prove that they're lying...Fact, right?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    You'd rather see two new "champions" at 140 instead of having the man that originally held the titles, who was beat by a cheat, re-establish some hierarchy in the division?

That attitude is exactly why boxing is so pathetic. Multi "world" champions per division. Hilarious.
    So you rather see the belts go from one cheator to another? What's the point? Con should not be rewarded for losing the fight or for being able to hide his PED usage better than Peterson

Thread Information