Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who won?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think won? Mayweather or Maidana? (spoilers....watch fight first)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who do you think won? Mayweather or Maidana? (spoilers....watch fight first)

7-5 for Floyd. I think Maidana did some great work early on, but Mayweather gained control of the fight in the second half.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who do you think won? Mayweather or Maidana? (spoilers....watch fight first)

116-112 Mayweather. I can't believe anyone actually gave that to Maidana. Do people really want Floyd to lose so badly that they'll cling on to any success an opponent has in a fight?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by oakleyno1 View Post
    I had Maidana 115-113 - 5 of the early 6 as well.

Compubox showed how close a fight it was - i dont have a problem if floyd won if by SD etc and close score - within a margin of appreciation for error - but 117-113 and 116-112 NO WAY!

Maidana 115-113 for me!
    I had it a draw... Maidana needed round 11 like how he won round 12, for me. The scores were outrageous aside from the draw. We ALL saw it.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Maidana won.

Of the 1st 6 rds, Maidana won 5 of them.

In the 2nd half, there were some close rds, but no way did Mayweather win 9 rds to 3 rds, anyone that says that is an idiot!

Their parents are probably idiots too...

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Maidana at the least deserved a draw. I scored it 114-114.

But I can see 115-113 for Maidana as a fair score, because there was a close round I gave to Floyd.

The deck was stacked against Maidana (gloves, ref, judges, etc). That's why I knew before the fight that even if Maidana won, he would officially lose.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hear the translator f*<ked up Maidana's comments at the end.
    Translator translated Maidana as: "Floyd did not fight like a man like I expected to."

Any Spanish speakers here can clear it up for us? 2min 29sec clip of Maidana's post-fight interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAnaUt90fEk

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    7-5 for Floyd. I think Maidana did some great work early on, but Mayweather gained control of the fight in the second half.
    Close fight. I had it a draw or maybe Mayweather by one round. I'll watch and score it again.

By the way, @Beanflicker - has Mayweather slipped finally or was I wrong and Maidana is better than I thought?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stopped scoring and started yelling instead, but have rewatched 3 times. Mayweather by two points. Have come to the conclusion its a given Broner was overrated and at this very juncture Mayweather is showing a bit of wear, likewise Maidana was wrongly written off as a caveman and has improved a good deal and is more than transitioned to a full welterweight well. The man was out jabbing Mayweather in there, head-body, and shut down his counter more than once. That was impressive and a reality!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    has Mayweather slipped finally or was I wrong and Maidana is better than I thought?
    Better than you (and everyone else) thought. Great game plan, mixed up his attack, showed the best defense I've ever seen from him (blocking/slipping/rolling shots). He fought a great fight and kept Mayweather from getting into a counter punching groove.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    116-112 Mayweather. I can't believe anyone actually gave that to Maidana. Do people really want Floyd to lose so badly that they'll cling on to any success an opponent has in a fight?
    Yeah, at BEST it was a draw. When he was bullying Mayweather in those early rounds and keeping Mayweather from throwing back with his pressure, you have to give those rounds to Maidana. But when Mayweather started landing the counters clean in the middle of the ring, that beats pushing a guy into the ropes and landing a couple of grazing blows and a few arm punches while being tied up.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Those claiming a Mayweather win must be forgetting the HARD body shots, specifically left hooks that Maidana was landing.

Ring generalship counts for something and when you are punishing a man from corner to corner while many times out jabbing him in the center of the ring to his 3 flashy punches landed, well you won the round.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    Translator translated Maidana as: "Floyd did not fight like a man like I expected to."

Any Spanish speakers here can clear it up for us? 2min 29sec clip of Maidana's post-fight interview:

He said Floyd has never faught a man like me hes never been hit by a real man.
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post

That's Mayorga talk! Lol

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post

That's Mayorga talk! Lol
    Ha the second correct version is actually worse since mistranslated hes just calling pbf not a man, in the other correct version hes calling 45 dudes not men haha, ill have to rewatch fight again but marcos was beastly.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had it a draw last night. Watch it again this morning and gave it to Mayweather. He landed all the clean, flush punches.

Thread Information