Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Espn fnf 9/17/10

Edrin Dapudong - Boxer 20-2 (11 KOs) vs. Wilbert Uicab - Boxer 29-5-1 (18 KOs)
    Flyweights

and the undercard

Alisher Rahimov - Boxer 20-0 (11 KOs) vs. Jose Emilio Perea - Boxer 18-0 (10 KOs)
    Lightweights

This is supposed to be broadcast on regular ESPN, definitely on ESPN3 @ 8:30 EST.
    For those in the states this link should work http://espn.go.com/espn3/index/_/sport/boxing
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Espn fnf 9/17/10

I hope they show it in the UK, hit and miss what they decide to show.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone know anything about Rahimov or Perea? After a quick glance Rahimov seems to have the superior resume, at least going by the record of his opponents.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dapudong vs Uicab should be good! Very decent match-up!!!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Official weights

Dapudong 111.25 lbs. - Uicab 112 lbs
    Rahimov 134.5 lbs. - Perea 136.5 lbs (WBC International title should not be on the line for Perea as he missed weight)
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's starting Delvin Rodriguez is a guest announcer, sounding a little more punch drunk than I remember.

Opening with Lorenzo Bautista 175.25 lbs., 5-2-1 (3 KOs) vs. Jackson Junior 178.5 7-0, (6 KOs)

Looks like Pelea has been replaced by Sergio Thompson 14-1 (13 KOs)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Junior getting the better of things in the first not anything special, but he does possess some power and by the end of the round he was smacking Bautista around a bit.

10-9 Junior

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 2

Bautista is backed into the corner straight away. Jr. stalking patiently, mixing in a few upper cuts and looping hooks. a nice little exchange with two minutes left. Bautista tries to mount an offensive, buy nothing effective. Jr. Lands a strong right and a second, but Bautista counters. A few solid jabs from Jr. Bautista lands a big looping right hand and follows up. Jr. Lands a right left combo and Bautista gets a little shaky.

10-9 Jr. - better from Bautista but Jr. landed more often and more effective.

20-18 Jr.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 3

Jr leads with a jab, Bautista counters with an upper cut. Slower this round, Jr. sneaks a straight right in, Bautista misses wide with a counter. Big uppercut from Jr. into a clinch. Bautista on the ropes and finally Jr. starts pumping a jab. and then lets Bautista off the ropes. Bautista shaky unloads with haymakers, and Jr counters with his own, all of a sudden we have a fight. Bautista lands a few low blows. Bautista not moving his head well and looks defeated as he walks back to his corner.

10-9 Jr.

30-27 Jr.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 4

Both guys starting at a measured pace. Bautista not slipping as he was early. Jr. starts popping the body, Bautista has no answers so he starts winging in, but nothing lands. Bautista back into the corner. Jr. lands another sharp straight right, Bautista takes it well. Clinch and back into the corner for Bautista.Jr. starts throwing 1-2s and vicious uppercut Baustita is staggering but still throwing. great left hook to the body.

10-9 Jr.

40-36 Jr.

The ref has seen enough and waves it off.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Next up Sergio Thompson vs. Alisher Rahimov

WBC International Lightweight title at stake, Rahimov defending.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 1

Rahimov jumps in and pops a few jabs, Sergio tries to counter going backwards, but misses. Rahimov lands a nice 1-2 Thompson spins out to the side and a nice exchange. The crowd starts chanting "Sergio, Sergio" Thompson lands a nice body shot. Rahimov lands a beauty of a straight right. Thompson throws a four punch combo nothing lands. An overhand right from Thompson ;lands and gets Rahimov's attention. Rahimov works back raining in punches in bunches. Thompson goes to the body again. Rahimov gets inside and lands two short hooks. Good round

10-9 Rahimov

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 2

Thompson goes right to work with a jab. Thompson tries a combo, but Rahimov stuffs him with a jab. A duel of jabs. Rahimov powers forward behind the jab and cracks a solid straight right. Inside toe to toe, Rahimov gets the better of an exchange clipping Thompson's chin. Thompson getting wilder and Rahimov taking advantage countering well. 1-2 from Thompson misses, but follow up and lands a right hook. Thompson starting to take control, Rahimov backing up. big momentum change there.

10-9 Thompson

19 all

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 3

Thompson puts a jab to the body immediately. Rahimov looking much more unsure of himself. Thompson pumping the jab with conviction. Rahimov bloocking a lot of the shots, but not everything. Rahimov tries to force his way in, but doesn't do anything effective and backs out. Rahimov lands a nice three punch combo. Thompson right eye is starting to swell. Rahimov turns it back around landing some solid punches the uppercut was the exclamation point. Thompson digs to the body. close round, I think Rahimov took a little more, but this is Thompson's backyard.

10-9 Rahimov

29-28 Rahimov

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 4

They touch gloves. Rahimov coming forward. Landing some beauties of body shots. Thompson lands a right on the gloves and winces in pain. Rahimov starts jabbing him back and goes to the body. Rahimov is inside now and working some uppercuts and body shots. Rahimov looks in control now. Thompson still throwing rights, but favoring the left clearly. Rahimov lands a solid combination Thompson not blocking too well now. A nice left hook to the body from Thompson. Rahimov back inside, and Thompson pushes him off. Clear Rahimov round

10-9 Rahimov

39-37 Rahimov

Thread Information