Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Wlad change his style for Fury?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Can Wlad change his style for Fury?

So here it is..another boring heavyweight fight from these two?

Fury has too much speed and movement for wlad in the first fight and he just has to do the same this time but with more accuracy!

Now...what has wlad got to change from the first round to win this fight?

Can he overcome his comfort fighting to get his belts back..be honest and brutal.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can Wlad change his style for Fury?

I think that Klit knows that he is going to have to be the aggressor in this fight and will think that if he can land clean on Fury then he has a chance of hurting him.

I think he may change tactics or up the tempo but I wouldn't be surprised if Fury has something up his sleeve as well.

Chances are though it'll be another terrible 12 rounds and people will complain again, I don't really care what happens as long as Fury wins and gets active again.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ignoring all the p4p stuff fury is the best in the world..whether you like it or not..he beat the man.

Fury has age on his side and "should" be even better in this fight.

Fury beats Haye in range.
    Fury beats Joshua.
    I really can't say he beats Wilder yet because body language tells me that wilder wants this sport more than anything in this world.

If Wlad beats fury..haye will always loose to wlad so that opens up the doors for a Joshua/wilder fight to really identify who is the best.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad needs to go for broke and get inside, make Fury work hard as he is fitter.

Wlad is shy with his chin and wobbled late in the fight so think he will get caught and coast to a loss. He will take the money and retire.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

I don't think he has to change his style he has to just be more aggressive. Ask anyone "who hits harder between the two of them?" and aside from ross you'll likely find 0 people saying Fury does. Wlad just has to throw more punches and have some bad intentions behind them.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I don't think he has to change his style he has to just be more aggressive. Ask anyone "who hits harder between the two of them?" and aside from ross you'll likely find 0 people saying Fury does. Wlad just has to throw more punches and have some bad intentions behind them.
    As your a huge Wlad fan do you think he can do that?Has he switched trainer or added any other change to his team?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's all in his head. Not sure if he is more aggressive as he needs to be that his stamina can keep up. Looked gassed and blowing in the wind in the late rounds first go.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    As your a huge Wlad fan do you think he can do that?Has he switched trainer or added any other change to his team?
    Just having his mind in the right place is all he needs and I think he can do that. He seems refreshed, refocused. He wont' change his style, but he'll change his approach. He just needs to let the hands go, everything will fall into place beyond that.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's funny, as I picked Wlad for the first fight and I got that wrong as he was comprehensively defeated.

However, I don't think Fury has found being World Heavyweight Champ easy. He has said some stupid things and alienated the media. I'm not convinced he has ever been a good trainer and I'm interested to see how Wlad will do when he isn't psyched out (like he definitely was the first time)

Fury is a good fighter with a real fighters heart, let's see if he is more that a one trick pony

Wlad dominated a very weak division for a decade, boringly. Let's see if he can rescue his reputation
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad might be embarrassed by all of this and perhaps vitali kicked his arse in the changing room and gave him some brotherly advice for the rematch. I Like fury and agree with some of his comments and boxing needs characters like him..

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He doesn't have to change his style, he just has to double and triple up on his jab, use his footwork and feint fury out of position. Last time he stood there watching fury feint turn and switch up while getting jabs flicked at him while trying to look for an opening. Vlad's gotta trust that the work that he's doing will create the openings instead of waiting for the opportunity to present itself and him trying to take advantage.

Vlads use to fighting tall so he doesn't realize he's actually got the advantage in height instead of a disadvantage in height. Vlad cant refuse to get low and work those jabs to middle. If he doubles up on his jab, and jabs to the body, its a bigger target, keeps fury off balance and will eventually draw furys chin into range as fury tries to counter with some swooping shoe shines, and leaving his chin unprotected. Aggressively working the jab and a lead left hook will turn fury and tempt him to switch and opening up for the straight right. The key to it all is managing the distance and keeping Vlad in range to land, hes gotta be progressive and unload fury whenever he gets into range early and set the tone for the fight. Let fury know hes going to have to work for this this one and its going to be a long night. Fights are won in the gym and Vlad can accomplish a lot more there than fury can.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure it's about changing his style, I think it's all about Desire, and whether he still has that.
    The stupid thing is that Wlad was blatantly worried about getting tagged by a guy as big as Fury. But Fury doesn't hit heavy for his size.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I'm not sure it's about changing his style, I think it's all about Desire, and whether he still has that.
    The stupid thing is that Wlad was blatantly worried about getting tagged by a guy as big as Fury. But Fury doesn't hit heavy for his size.
    Neither did Ali when he dropped Liston in the rematch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad just needs to punch more and in combination... Last fight was so weird to watch Wlad follow Fury around the ring getting tagged all night.... Put your guard up, move your head and feet and punch in combination man!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To win that fight, Wlad doesn't have to change the core of what he used to do; he has to not be arrogant and think that it'll be a walk in the park, throw the jab a lot and hammer with the other hand non stop.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Thread Information