Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why Canelo will lose....

Hey guys its been years, but given this fight I had to revisit my old pals. At first I thought Canelo may bring his streak to an end, but that thought ended at soon as it started. While there me be quite a size difference, I noticed that Mayweather has only had trouble with awkward fighters. With guys like Canelo who are textbook and fair to say perfect boxers seems to be the easiest type of fight for mayweather to handle. What does scare me though is the two fights mayweather had at 154, he didn't look great. But I also don't believe we have seen Floyd pushed to dig deep recently, I think in this fight he will, and that's what will be the tipping point, as Canelo tends to slow down in the late rounds, All that muscle is hard to carry.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why Canelo will lose....

like herpes you will never be free from Saddos

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are right about the muscle, at SMW it has not hindered Saul to much because despite it, he really digs, and when he does catch people it SLOWS THEM down. Floyd just isn't that easy to hit, and over 12 rounds against someone that good at evading punches it will tire Alvarez more quickly. I would be very surprised if he can stop Floyd but it isn't impossible, and that scenario has never really been on the cards for a while so it will be an intriguing possibility, though unlikely.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    You are right about the muscle, at SMW it has not hindered Saul to much because despite it, he really digs, and when he does catch people it SLOWS THEM down. Floyd just isn't that easy to hit, and over 12 rounds against someone that good at evading punches it will tire Alvarez more quickly. I would be very surprised if he can stop Floyd but it isn't impossible, and that scenario has never really been on the cards for a while so it will be an intriguing possibility, though unlikely.

Yeah Floyd increases intensity, Canelo tends to decrease it, i think that will be the main difference

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelos foot speed and lazy pace will cost him in this fight. He puts punches together well and is intense with his attacks but to beat floyd over 12 he needs to be busier and im not sure he can make that change, he might be abit too patient which allows floyd to pot shot and out manoeuvre him

Good fight and if the crowd cheer every canelo attack it might seem close but we will know who is winning going into the 12th

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have a feeling they will be wearing 8 oz gloves instead of 10.

Alvarez's problem is that he has to set to shoot and has cement blocks for feet. Unless he can trap Floyd and overwhelm him with his size he's doomed and may even look one dimensional.

Btw I saw some earlier reports at boxrec this morning that Garcia/Lucas will be on the undercard and Mares. It came down almost as fast as it went up. Outstanding if it comes to fruition.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys make perfect sense. All of your Canelo critiques are accurate. I don't know if he has the ring IQ to pull this off. It does make me dislike Mayweather less. Canelo is still on the way up, but it may be more of a challenge to Floyd especially after the Ghost debacle. I think Canelo showed he is not one dimensional in his last fight. I don't think Floyd is remembers what it is like to get hit hard. Cotto got in a few good rounds but I think Canelo will shake things up more IF he can get through. This could be a good one. Might even be worth the PPV.
    Last edited by walrus; 05-31-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    like herpes you will never be free from Saddos
    Saddo's has herpes?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo's punches have power and he puts them together well but they're just too stock standard to bother Floyd. They all come from that high guard and once Floyd figures out their trajectory they're also going to be predictable. First two rounds will be interesting and I predict alot of tension due to Canelo's obvious power but I see him starting to freeze up and run out of ideas once Floyd figures out the path of those punches. He'll be even more fucked later on if Floyd starts countering and smothering him on the inside because I've always seen Canelo as a guy that although has heavy hands has to catch you right on the end of his punches to seriously hurt you. I think he's just too robotic and orthodox for Floyd but at the same time if Floyd tries to pull that shit where he goes back in straight lines and rests against the ropes trying to make Canelo big swing with no ping he could find himself on the end of one of those big crushing body shots. Doesn't matter how well you protect your ribs with your left forearm, if their damaged like Floyd's and you have a true puncher like Canelo wailing away at you for too long one mistake and your own "protective" left elbow can push a rib the wrong way. Thing is Floyd can just revert to boxing/smothering

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jahmez View Post
    Canelo's punches have power and he puts them together well but they're just too stock standard to bother Floyd. They all come from that high guard and once Floyd figures out their trajectory they're also going to be predictable. First two rounds will be interesting and I predict alot of tension due to Canelo's obvious power but I see him starting to freeze up and run out of ideas once Floyd figures out the path of those punches. He'll be even more fucked later on if Floyd starts countering and smothering him on the inside because I've always seen Canelo as a guy that although has heavy hands has to catch you right on the end of his punches to seriously hurt you. I think he's just too robotic and orthodox for Floyd but at the same time if Floyd tries to pull that shit where he goes back in straight lines and rests against the ropes trying to make Canelo big swing with no ping he could find himself on the end of one of those big crushing body shots. Doesn't matter how well you protect your ribs with your left forearm, if their damaged like Floyd's and you have a true puncher like Canelo wailing away at you for too long one mistake and your own "protective" left elbow can push a rib the wrong way. Thing is Floyd can just revert to boxing/smothering
    i think with just a little more effort you can ruin the fight for everyone haha, i think your spot on some of the things that actually will happen in the fight, i know canelo will bother and hurt floyd a few times, i jstu dont think he can do for a big enough majority, this by far wont be a guerrero type of fight where floyd gets out without any bumps or bruieses

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    You guys make perfect sense. All of your Canelo critiques are accurate. I don't know if he has the ring IQ to pull this off. It does make me dislike Mayweather less. Canelo is still on the way up, but it may be more of a challenge to Floyd especially after the Ghost debacle. I think Canelo showed he is not one dimensional in his last fight. I don't think Floyd is remembers what it is like to get hit hard. Cotto got in a few good rounds but I think Canelo will shake things up more IF he can get through. This could be a good one. Might even be worth the PPV.
    i think its a great fight as well, the ghost in m humble opnion was a tune up fight , hes gonna follow the blue print of one easy fight, and one hard fight till he reches the end, its almost like fighting one time a year cuz guerrero was a tough sparring match for him at best

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

because he's fighting Mayweather

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sure Floyd and Sr have looked at the Trout fight which confirmed what they already knew. Alvarez has to plant his feet to get anything off. Its simply a perfect fight for Floyd. He will use his aging legs for the first half of the fight countering and landing perfect lead rights, many of the short hook variety every time Alvarez is planting to throw a shot. I think he may cruise over the last 4 or 5 rounds.

In fairness to Alvarez he could be catching Floyd at a perfect time. His youth and sheer will could be key. If he can get to Floyds body who knows. It would be even better for him if he gets an 18 foot ring. I'm sure people thought Lamotta was to crude for Robinson in their second go. Lamotta actually out jabbed Ray. Now I don't see that happening here and unfortunately for Alvarez he kinda has to go for the knock out or at least not wait for it to come.

jon09 Guest

If this kid uses his jab and out muscles Floyd on the inside then it will be a long night for Money. He should use the Cotto strategy but with more movement after he throws combinations and not let Floyd get into his comfort zone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i honestly think with canelo's youth and natural size advantage he's got a fair shot at upsetting floyd. the boy has a good chin and decent defense and i can see him being able to counter and land significant shots every once in awhile that could hurt floyd and change the pulse of the fight. my concern is alvarez's stamina as seen from the trout fight where he slowed down midfight. so asking for a catchweight is significant. that 2 lbs will make a difference in the later rounds and team mayweather knows this, that's why they asked for it. they want every advantage that they can get. if i were saul i'd come in at 154lbs and just pay the fine.

Thread Information