Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Weight Gain

I have a ridiculously fast matabolism and find gaining weight difficult even when not training.

I have a charity bout coming up in around 3 months and ideally I'd like to put on around a stone. Anyone know of any legal miracle supplements or training that can help ?
    'To speak with his equal and irish man is forced to talk with God...'

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Weight Gain

Bastard

God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
    I have a ridiculously fast matabolism and find gaining weight difficult even when not training.

I have a charity bout coming up in around 3 months and ideally I'd like to put on around a stone. Anyone know of any legal miracle supplements or training that can help ?
    Mate when i was bulking up i just forced myself to eat, Porridge and Fruit in the morning. Egg sandwich and ETC in the afternoon, and a nice big bowl of pasta at night with snack's inbetween, with some Whey protein in the evening.

Im like you natrually slim/tall, but i was able to put on 2 stone easily. And not look out of shape, since then i've dropped the weight and im quite happy now. Although im going to bulk up again soon.

Basically you've just got to force yourself to eat end of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Mate when i was bulking up i just forced myself to eat, Porridge and Fruit in the morning. Egg sandwich and ETC in the afternoon, and a nice big bowl of pasta at night with snack's inbetween, with some Whey protein in the evening.

Im like you natrually slim/tall, but i was able to put on 2 stone easily. And not look out of shape, since then i've dropped the weight and im quite happy now. Although im going to bulk up again soon.

I eat like a horse now 3 meals a day with snacks in between... speaking of which someone has suggested horse meat but I don't think you can buy it in the UK ?

I guess some sort of food supplement/weight gain is the answer - I'll Google it

ICB Guest

I eat like a horse now 3 meals a day with snacks in between... speaking of which someone has suggested horse meat but I don't think you can buy it in the UK ?

I was lifting weights while eating loads though, believe it or not before i joined the gym. I had to do weights outside in the frigging freezing cold, sometimes i was too busy in the day and had to do it at night can you believe that LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was lifting weights while eating loads though, believe it or not before i joined the gym. I had to do weights outside in the frigging freezing cold, sometimes i was too busy in the day and had to do it at night can you believe that LOL.

I hate doing weights and want to avoid it as much as possible it's sooooooo boring

ICB Guest

I hate doing weights and want to avoid it as much as possible it's sooooooo boring
    Ahh well mate just take some whey protein then, and make sure you eat some porridge and ETC.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ahh well mate just take some whey protein then, and make sure you eat some porridge and ETC.
    If he's not wanting to weight train, he's going to find it very difficult to put on size. Supplementing with whey protein isn't going to help in this respect. It will help him recover from his boxing sessions, but if he isn't anything to initiate any form of muscle growth, then he isn't going to put weight on.

He could buy a weight gainer and put on a stone of fat though. Not that it would be helpful.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

If he's not wanting to weight train, he's going to find it very difficult to put on size. Supplementing with whey protein isn't going to help in this respect. It will help him recover from his boxing sessions, but if he isn't anything to initiate any form of muscle growth, then he isn't going to put weight on.

He could buy a weight gainer and put on a stone of fat though. Not that it would be helpful.
    Yea i know when i first started weight training, i found it pretty easy to gain weight eating loads. And doing compound movements like Squats, Deadlifts, Benchpressing, Bent Over Rows, ETC.

Mind you im glad i go to the gym now, because when i used to do weights outside. I had no spotter so it was quite dangerous for me doing squats by myself. I do hack squats now on a machine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Back some fifty years ago, guys who wanted to put on weight during training started the dawn with about six eggs mixed up in a blender with bananna chips thrown in. After their run, they would sit down to a breakfast of a stack of pancakes, susage, biscuits loaded with butter, and fried eggs. Breakfast also included a slice of pie (apple, peach or some berry type.
    They ate a lot of potatoes. One of the favorite meals was country friend steak with gravy, more biscuits, and mashed potatoes with a couple of vegetables such as peas or cream corn. In my part of the country, cornbread and buttermilk was an in between treat.
    We were not into whey, protein powders and such because stores did not carry such.

I also remember they drank a lot of real milk..not the kind you get in stores, but the kind you had to scrape the cream off the top of the bottle. Lots of beef and steaks (meat was cheaper then), and other meats. Of course the workouts were demanding and very physical, but they did put on weight and muscle. The problem was that if you stopped the hard physical training and continued the eating part, you quickly got fat.

I think its more scientific today, and I would recommend you go to the library and do some reading on nutrition. Talking with others is fine, but you need to be knowledgable in making decisions on what you are going to put in your body.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had the same problem. Creatine was the only supplement that helped me gain weight. I'm also thinking of adding another supplement. Has anybody tried mesosilver? I wanted to get some feedback before I ordered any.
    Last edited by amiller; 08-22-2011 at 05:00 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If your training consists of cardio, cardio, low intensity bodyweight exercises that you can do tens and tens and tens of reps of and more cardio... Then don't be surprised if you fail to put any mass on!!

In the first few weeks of training you might... Your body is adapting to a completely new stimulus... But once this has happened your body will need increasingly higher and different stimulus.

Once you have a base fitness level you are going to need to heavily overload your muscles to stimulate any notable growth.

And if you're not eating more calories than you're expending in a day then your weight isn't going anywhere. Eat more and train heavier.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post

And if you're not eating more calories than you're expending in a day then your weight isn't going anywhere. Eat more and train heavier.
    It really is that simple folks.

Thread Information