Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Rather pitiful interview from Hatton

Ricky Hatton interview from rehab on drugs and depression | News Of The World

Why the hell is he talking to the paper that ratted him out?

My interview would have been to tell the news of the world to get fucked, that I wouldn't use their shitty smut comic to wrap my chips and invite anyone who felt they had the right to sit in judgement of me and pontificate on how I should live my life to suck my dick.

But instead Ricky goes for the same 'I'm a wretched failure please still love me (or rather endorse me and keep the cash flowing in) pathetic self abuse that Tiger Woods went in for a few months back.

You didn't lose my respect when you took cocaine, but you have lost it now, you fat twat.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rather pitiful interview from Hatton

No, he shouldn't be talking to them. In fact, I don't think he should be talking to any of the media right now. He should be keeping his head down and working out whatever it is he needs to work out.

You can't help but feel that the unpleasant aroma of Max Clifford is lingering all over this. Tiger Woods looks like a prick for good reason, but you don't need to go cap in hand to the media begging for forgiveness. It just isn't neccessary.

I still like Hatton and of course wish him well, but can understand where you are coming from on this.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    No, he shouldn't be talking to them. In fact, I don't think he should be talking to any of the media right now. He should be keeping his head down and working out whatever it is he needs to work out.

You can't help but feel that the unpleasant aroma of Max Clifford is lingering all over this. Tiger Woods looks like a prick for good reason, but you don't need to go cap in hand to the media begging for forgiveness. It just isn't neccessary.

I still like Hatton and of course wish him well, but can understand where you are coming from on this.
    What annoys me is the complete fakeness of it all on both sides. The News of the World just want some cheap and easy sensationalism to sell their crappy papers so pay people to rat out celebs for doing things that millions of ordinary people do.

They then become the moral voice of the nation and exhibit puritanical shock and disgust, as if the nation actually cares about morality and ethics.

The person who sells the celeb out is always a 'friend' doing it for their own good and only happened by chance to have hidden cameras already in place to record the behaviours that will soon occur and leave them feeling they must do something about them.

Then the celebrity who depends on a clean cut image to make money, sponsorship, endorsments etc will go completely over the top, checking themselves into rehab, publicly apologising for everything and chastisting themselves so as to to limit the damages to their reputation and allows their sponsors to renegotiate new contracts once their penance has been served.

Then the sponsors will drop them citing their transgression makes them no longer suitable role models, only to clamour to re-sign them once the allotted timeframe of a few months has expired and they are restored in the eyes of the public.

It's such a charade.

Have you noticed it's mostly sportspeople who apologise as their images seem to be more negatively affected by bad press?

How often do rock stars, or comedians apologise for taking drugs, or cheating on their spouse? Or film stars for that matter?

Those celebrities whose persona's are not damaged, or are even enhanced by such scandals NEVER apologise and in fact are just defiant. The only ones who ever do are those who are perceived as 'role model's' and thus are forced to humble themselves to remain marketable.

Fuck all of them, Hatton has completely sold out with his fake apology.

Did you watch the interview? He claims he couldn't remember taking cocaine as he blacks out conveniently just before. What a pathetic, cowardly fat prick.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, not watched it yet. Currently in the process of cooking up a madras from scratch!

Will give my proper thoughts a bit later on.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Ricky Hatton interview from rehab on drugs and depression | News Of The World

Why the hell is he talking to the paper that ratted him out?

My interview would have been to tell the news of the world to get fucked, that I wouldn't use their shitty smut comic to wrap my chips and invite anyone who felt they had the right to sit in judgement of me and pontificate on how I should live my life to suck my dick.

But instead Ricky goes for the same 'I'm a wretched failure please still love me (or rather endorse me and keep the cash flowing in) pathetic self abuse that Tiger Woods went in for a few months back.

You didn't lose my respect when you took cocaine, but you have lost it now, you fat twat.
    You actually had respect for him at one time?

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, not watched it yet. Currently in the process of cooking up a madras from scratch!

How else do you cook something if it isnt from scratch ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs down Re: Rather pitiful interview from Hatton

"ashamed about tarnishing my career" "don't have a drug habbit"

Reading between his patter, the only thing he regrets is getting caught

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

From a jar with a bit of chicken thrown in? I don't really regard that as cooking. I spent 90 minutes making it and it tastes great. Will get a good 4 meals out of that!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've just watched it now and I have to say that there was nothing there that surprised me. He does seem to be making a few excuses for himself, but a lot of what he says seems plausible. Of course the loss to Pac destroyed his confidence and he has obviously taken it on himself in a very hard way. Then of course maybe a few other personal demons thrown on top. Some resort to the bottle and Hatton did just that. And in this instance the bottle was beginning to takeover. He does seem to be trying to say that the drugs only came because of heavy drinking and again this can be quite true. I would argue that you are more likely to do things you shouldn't after imbibing a certain quantity of alcohol. Hatton likely does blackout and is probably more inclined to use after a few beers, only he can know the truth to that really.

All in all Hatton gives a fair account of himself, but like a said before, I don't know why he is telling the NOTW all this. It must be his agent/team trying to put the redemption spin on it. Like Bilbo says, sportsman often have to play out the apology/redemption role whereas others like Noel Gallagher, for instance, are able to wear their drug abuse merrily on their sleeves. I think in the case of someone like Hatton it is different though as Noel has never tried to be a role model or present a somewhat wholesome image like Hatton has in the past. And let's be honest, liking a pie and a beer is relatively wholesome by British standards.

Like I've said before, I just want to see Hatton ease down on the abuse of food and booze and just get on with his life. At least he seems to be coming to terms with the fact that his career is over. He hasn't embarrassed himself and should move on. He isn't the first or last to get stopped early in a big fight. These things happen.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And beef not chicken. Jolly tasty, might have some more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shit interview really, if he is not going to tell the truth like he says he is at the start of the interview why fucking bother?

He says he only started to dabble after the Pac fight BOLLOCKS!! He doesn't even think he has a booze problem ffs.

He doesn't even know how many times he has taken cocaine well that's cos he has taken it for years, all just one big publicity stunt this, shame Hatton has been advised to do this then tell lies in front of the camera.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

From a jar with a bit of chicken thrown in? I don't really regard that as cooking. I spent 90 minutes making it and it tastes great. Will get a good 4 meals out of that!
    Jar is a no no for sure.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He says booze isn't a problem, but he admits it makes him black out and do stuff like cocaine. Serious case of denial.

People who have done cocaine "sparingly" don't cut it as profieciently as he did, and they sure as hell don't do 3 lines in one go.

Like the original poster said, I never lost any respect for him when I heard he got popped for coke. But this sorry display makes me lose a lot of respect for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This guy needs alot of help. Without full acceptance, he really is in a heap of trouble, and right now for his sanity, a big brother in the midst is welcomed more than just a breath of fresh air.

What is sad though is that, with all the monies he had earned from previous spoils, the wrong kind of truth got an exclusive invite to his ears. The wrong kind of stuff if one is interested in staying in the right path, but what has now dominated his thoughts in this period of bitter reality. Power potion for depression if allowed at length.

Laying off the guy with harshness will probably be more constructive at this juncture... from all points with concern, despite the understanding that nowadays, they do come pricey.

Edwin and Arturo do so now rests, but surely they'd say aye!

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it was sadder watching that interview than watching him take coke.

ok so its dammage limitation, but at least he's not in the pub so its a step in the right direction whatever his motives.... still a sad sight.

Thread Information