Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Almost assaulted tonight in Flatbush, Brooklyn NYC

Ahhhh now it makes sense. They were setting you up for a 'Table Top' https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...?term=Tabletop

They were going to beat the shit out of you, then rape you. Or kill you then rape you.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Ahhhh now it makes sense. They were setting you up for a 'Table Top' https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...?term=Tabletop

They were going to beat the shit out of you, then rape you. Or kill you then rape you.
    Well that is some disturbing stuff right there. I can see how you thought it would go in another Direction. I had just come out of a 45-minute demo in front of a class of 32 West Africans and Haitians, at CAMBA Community Development Center at the corner of Church Avenue and Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn.

I am hoping that your table top idea is not what it was. I think the guy who deliberately smashed the Bottle Into The Ground was trying to imply that by him and I knocking into each other that I had broken his expensive bottle of liquor that I should reimburse him for it. Indeed there was a lot of liquid pouring out of the bag and shards of glass everywhere.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know you could be right because the guy was on his hands and knees also acting like he was at a funeral looking down into his black plastic bag which supposedly contained a VSOP bottle of liquor. I think this is a kind of scam where he is carrying around a broken bottle of liquor for weeks, and he must have a second bottle in the bag filled with water and when she smashes into the ground he shows the other bottle of VSOP as if it has just broken and then demands reimbursement for it

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of every crime that happened recently or through the year from petit larceny to murder at each block of the street, you can zoom to the exact block that you wanna visit. Murder is up, rape and assault are WAY up from 2012, which was itself the most violent year since 1995. From my perspective it ain't good. Trains arent safe at night, I took the Q train after this incident and it was really scary and I've taken just about every Subway in New York City in all five boroughs.... If you're only visiting not moving there, I'll say better look for bedstuy, crown heights ....

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I'm a young white female and I recently moved to Flatbush. I have not lived in New York before, but my boyfriend assured me the neighborhood was safe. I was told some
    like don't walk certain areas, don't play with your phone walking around, don't show off your electronics, don't walk around late at night. But I still don't know if it is a good idea for me to live in this neighborhood and some really scary people, thugs, real ones not wannabe's. But today I was walking and some guy walking past just came right up to me and punched me. I don't know what to do. Is there anything I should avoid or look out for? Is this a alright neighborhood? but I don't see any white girls my age around here. Last week a Haitian guy pulled my hair and pushed me into a doorway, I ran out by kicking his shins."

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...#ixzz5Td1R5dPK

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Gandalf dude I miss Jeonrallam-do

El Kabong Guest

Woah woah woah.....brock, where's the punching? Where's the animal instinct you have that would tear professional boxers apart? You let these guys off the hook a couple of two bit thugs and you let them off the hook.

Don't let them mistake your kindness for weakness...Rocky Marciano wouldn't have stood for that.

Glad you're ok though.

Story kind of reminded me of this

I do think next time "I'm going home, CLEAR A PATH YOU MOTHERFUCKER!" would have been pretty fucking epic

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle, this time was definitely scary. I've had run-ins before when I was living in Newark New Jersey and East Orange New Jersey and Irvington New Jersey and parts of Jersey City New Jersey. But this was different.

Flatbush Brooklyn is an animal all to itself and all by itself in a totally different League

Lyle I was just razzing you a bit about getting a rise out of the posters.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Lyle, this time was definitely scary. I've had run-ins before when I was living in Newark New Jersey and East Orange New Jersey and Irvington New Jersey and parts of Jersey City New Jersey. But this was different.

Flatbush Brooklyn is an animal all to itself and all by itself in a totally different League

Lyle I was just razzing you a bit about getting a rise out of the posters.
    I don't doubt it was scary, you got that fight or flight juice shooting through your brain probably felt like 18 Red Bulls and 10 cups of coffee all at once.

Just razzing me eh? And how's that working out for you?

I'm glad you were unharmed, but I expected more ferocity from you brock ( just razzing you)

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lil Razzmatazz there, Lyle? 😁. Well I thought it was working out great wink wink.

Yeah there was definitely a drenalin it happened so damn fast those guys were watching me from across the street. There was a covered area where there was construction next to a cemetery and it was a big canopy and really dark over there and no street lights.

There are about 30 or 40 of us in the crosswalk waiting for the light to change it was a long light crossing over Church Avenue. When I got to the other side of the street most of the people turn right but I continued. Over towards the canopy area and that's when they hit me, like linebackers, shouldered me, one into my right shoulder, the other into my left lower abdomen, fucking spun me it did, but I didn't lose my balance.

FFS.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sure you miss it, Brock. You are the only one who understands what I am talking about when I say how safe it is.

Anyways, glad you are physically unharmed. You have to carry a spray of some kind. I used to work relief around Manchester and Salford. I would finish at 10pm and it's not nice waiting for a bus in some of those areas either. Perhaps some of the roughest UK areas. I was lucky enough to not experience an armed robbery though or get beaten up. Others less so. It is grim.

Paris, New York, London. RIP.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

O Miles how I miss the South! Yeosu is beautiful and never took the ferry to Jeju Island but always wanted to. My last boss there grew up there.... when I was working in Daegu, he said how he owns 22 Acres on Jeju Island where he grows those really tasty Mandarin Tangerine type things.

So safe so civil so quiet so calm

Good God what has happened to the West

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I'm sure you miss it, Brock. You are the only one who understands what I am talking about when I say how safe it is.

Anyways, glad you are physically unharmed. You have to carry a spray of some kind. I used to work relief around Manchester and Salford. I would finish at 10pm and it's not nice waiting for a bus in some of those areas either. Perhaps some of the roughest UK areas. I was lucky enough to not experience an armed robbery though or get beaten up. Others less so. It is grim.

Paris, New York, London. RIP.
    What is up with the suicide though

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah that is a pretty big thing

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember all the parents of my students saying that their kid was going to go to be a CEO of LG or some big Corporation and I used to ask them who's going to fix the cars who are going to be the mechanics who are going to be the baker's who are going to be the recycling people? And they said their parents would kill them if they tried to go into any profession like that. That's the part that's wrong. They don't want to do any blue collar jobs everybody wants to go to the best university and be a CEO of a corporation. You can't run a country like that

Thread Information