Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Muscle Cramps and Steroids?

No abuse for this as I'm not trying to make a point, just merely a little research while bored. Something I thought about randomly this morning after reading the Chavez Jnr threads. I'm excited about the guy actually. He's really growing on me, as I'm sure he is on others. Anyway, to my point.

Now, I don't know anything about steroids, or muscle cramps, but I had this idea. Pacquiao and Chavez both suffer from cramps, and there is weird happening with Chavez like not submitting tests and the like, so....... I just randomly thought of googling the effects of using steroids, and indeed it does list Muscle Cramps as a side effect. Weird. Maybe a random coincidence, but it was just a thought emanating from my tiny little mind.

Two points from one article:

Muscle Cramps - Taking steroids may result in muscle cramps.
    Increased Risk Of Muscle Tears - Steroids enhance the wear and tear in muscles, thereby causing cramps.

Anyone have anything to add??

This already been covered??

This is certainly NOT a "Pac Hating" thread, so don't start.

Good day.....
    Last edited by TheMacMagician; 06-20-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Muscle Cramps and Steroids?

Bicep tendon tears are pretty common, muscles develop at a rate the tendons can't keep up with and the forces they can generate overload the tendon.

Just ask james 'low hormones' toney

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Bicep tendon tears are pretty common, muscles develop at a rate the tendons can't keep up with and the forces they can generate overload the tendon.

Was just going to say the same

I believe as fans of this sport that we would be shocked and dissapointed at how many of the fighters are taking something extra.

I still dont understand the love for Mosley in here when he has actually admitted he cheated! Same goes for Holyfield, who has admitted buying them but only after being caught out

I wouldnt be surprised if Haye was found to have used something. Same for Martinez. Im just sceptical about how fighters can move up in weight and stil look ripped rather than just the more traditional filled out look. When a fighter moved up in weight years ago it was mostly because they struggled to cut the last bit of weight but now we have men in the times of their lives when their testosterone levels are dropping who are putting muscle on as they move up. Ask anyone who trys to build muscle and its difficult to do and is a long process but we now have fighters in their mid 30's bulking up looking like pro body builders about to step on stage

Look at Duran as he moved up in weight. If that was nowadays hed be ripped to fuck at each weight (if he chose to cheat)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

I believe as fans of this sport that we would be shocked and dissapointed at how many of the fighters are taking something extra.

I still dont understand the love for Mosley in here when he has actually admitted he cheated! Same goes for Holyfield, who has admitted buying them but only after being caught out

I wouldnt be surprised if Haye was found to have used something. Same for Martinez. Im just sceptical about how fighters can move up in weight and stil look ripped rather than just the more traditional filled out look. When a fighter moved up in weight years ago it was mostly because they struggled to cut the last bit of weight but now we have men in the times of their lives when their testosterone levels are dropping who are putting muscle on as they move up. Ask anyone who trys to build muscle and its difficult to do and is a long process but we now have fighters in their mid 30's bulking up looking like pro body builders about to step on stage

Look at Duran as he moved up in weight. If that was nowadays hed be ripped to fuck at each weight (if he chose to cheat)
    Re: Martinez, take into consideration that he requested Junior submit to Olympic-style testing for their fight, even though Junior declined to do it. Makes Martinez seem somewhat less suspect. Also, he still fights close to 160, probably not very much difference to what he fought at 154.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Re: Martinez, take into consideration that he requested Junior submit to Olympic-style testing for their fight, even though Junior declined to do it. Makes Martinez seem somewhat less suspect. Also, he still fights close to 160, probably not very much difference to what he fought at 154.
    Only thing wrong with that one Rant is the fact that the two recent guys that have asked for Olympic style drug testing have both been caught via that testing themselves in Peterson and Berto.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't put much credence into steroids causing cramps. First I've heard of that..nobody I know that juices has ever complained of cramp.

Cramps are more associated with diuretics and certain fat burners. Which certainly could be something going around in Pac's camp considering he's usually dry as fuck at weigh-ins. He usually doesn't put much on overnight though so I doubt he's taking diuretics.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    I wouldn't put much credence into steroids causing cramps. First I've heard of that..nobody I know that juices has ever complained of cramp.

Cramps are more associated with diuretics and certain fat burners. Which certainly could be something going around in Pac's camp considering he's usually dry as fuck at weigh-ins. He usually doesn't put much on overnight though so I doubt he's taking diuretics.
    I bet JC Jr is taking them though

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cramps are caused by an inbalance in sodium/potassium... Dehydration can cause this, you're more likely to cramps on creatine etc

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any fighter that even refuses to take a test should get a ban like other athletes. Its a complete joke how Chavez was let to fight regardless of taking test

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Leg cramps are one of the known side-effects of A-side meth.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cramps are caused by an inbalance in sodium/potassium... Dehydration can cause this, you're more likely to cramps on creatine etc

Spot on. The cramps Jr was having were most likely do to all the synthetic speed he ingested in the form of diuretics. He barely sweat and looked incredibly dry both before and after the fight. The camp will claim they were caused from trying to make weight but the two go hand and hand.

Cant see him doing roids to be honest. He's got at least 20 pounds on most of his opponents.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

Spot on. The cramps Jr was having were most likely do to all the synthetic speed he ingested in the form of diuretics. He barely sweat and looked incredibly dry both before and after the fight. The camp will claim they were caused from trying to make weight but the two go hand and hand.

Cant see him doing roids to be honest. He's got at least 20 pounds on most of his opponents.
    Didnt he start at welterweight?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guys will try and worm there way out of getting caught using Amphetamine all the time, you can take a combination of legal stimulants and fat burners and basically mix up Amphetamine in your own body.

They ban things all the time, but more and more products get put out there, the fda etc can only test so quickly and so many batches. Slightly altet a banned compound and the fda have to prove it is unsafe all over again... It should be that companies prove a product is safe, not the other way round.

Casual sports fans would be shocked if they knew what goes on behind closed doors.

It's rampant in all pro sports... If baseball is full to the prim with performance enhancing drugs, you'd be naive to think a sport where you get punched wasn't.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didnt he start at welterweight?

Jr welt but he was 16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

In an interview posted on fighthype.com Martinez was asked if he would or did ask for additional testing and Martinez said no and that he believes Chavez will play fair. This got me suspicious of Martinez because how can he make such a statement when Chavez has a cloud over him with the doping tests. Chavez was caught for a masking agent and suspended for it, he somehow evaded testing for a previous fight, and he may or may not have tested before the Lee fight.
    Last edited by blegit; 06-21-2012 at 04:31 AM.

Thread Information