Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why so many Pac haters? It seems that every thread there's always a hater?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why so many Pac haters? It seems that every thread there's always a hater?

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Well, on the whole I think a lot of Pac fans actually like me and respect my stance on a number of issues. And when it comes to the Philippines, I have friends from that part of the world and nobody calls me a serious hater. Though huggers on here probably would. They are just plain odd though.

Pac has fought decent opponents, though in terms of styles has been matched up and now when face to face with Marquez again it was all shown to be illusion. It has been shown that it wasn't hating. Pac hasn't really improved at all. He has just bulked up and kept some snazzy power.

Those who said it was smoke and mirrors have been shown to be right. An old man moving up two divisions could do exactly what he wanted and for the third time. Understandably that makes Pac look a bit silly. But at the same time we should elevate Marquez and rightfully so. He is arguably the best fighter in the world bar one. And Floyd wouldn't even make weight for him. He is that dangerous.

It has destroyed the Pac/Mayweather matchup in my eyes.
    No offense Miles - but you were one of the main people who doubted Marquez before the fight because it was being fought at welterweight. I never once doubted Marquez. I'm neither Flomo nor Pactard. I never have been. I have always said Floyd beats Manny. The writing was on the wall that Manny had trouble with counter punchers. Let's be objective here - it doesn't make his meteoric rise in weight any less impressive, it really doesn't (how many top ten welterweights has Floyd fought?) but every single one of Pacquiao's opponents was an offensive fighter. Every single one. Bruce Trampler at Top Rank is no dummy matchmaker. He knows how to match styles. Manny doesn't look silly here because an old man Marquez came up in weight and fought him neck and neck. I completely disagree. Marquez has always been a great boxer and he still is and he has always been able to counter Manny and he still does. Yet, Manny is still Manny Pacquiao. Put him in with Tim Bradley etc. and he'll knock off another top guy. At the same time, put him in with Marquez and he'll be in another close fight. Mayweather would dominate him. What this fight did at its essence is expose his weakness.

I agree that it has destroyed the Pac/Mayweather matchup for certain. Mayweather made the mistake of making this a ped issue. Manny could have been on 10 different varieties of ped's the other night, and the bottom line is he still can't fight a counter puncher. Roach hasn't taught him how to do it for some reason.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why so many Pac haters? It seems that every thread there's always a hater?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    It's just a sign he's so popular and so brilliant. All the best fighters get it.
    Even Floyd. Fact.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even Floyd. Any popular/good fighter has an army of silly haters. That's just the way it goes.

The bigger and more succesful you are the more muppets you have on your case. Simple as.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even Floyd. Any popular/good fighter has an army of silly haters. That's just the way it goes.

The bigger and more succesful you are the more muppets you have on your case. Simple as.
    Fenster is right. No one hated on Bute or Martinez up until a few fights ago. Now there are tons of haters. You know who that paradigm doesn't work for though? Carl Froch. I don't think Carl Froch has many haters. Is that correct?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amid all the anti-Pacquiao backlash, you know what hasn't been said at all? Pacquiao stylistically fought a tough opponent. TIt wasn't smoke and mirrors this time at least. They chose a tough counter puncher, a guy that they had a ton of problems with in two fights. They could have chosen Tim Bradley. And they're willing to do face Marquez again. Think that will be an easy fight for Pacquiao?

One positive thing for me that will come out of last weekend: no more Flomo vs. Pactard bull crap. Good riddance. Finally, we can get back to a time when boxing discussions focused on other fights.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Fenster is right. No one hated on Bute or Martinez up until a few fights ago. Now there are tons of haters. You know who that paradigm doesn't work for though? Carl Froch. I don't think Carl Froch has many haters. Is that correct?
    Carl Froch still doesn't have that many fans. He got dogs abuse until he fought Taylor. Then he got dogs abuse for scoring a "lucky" KO. However, even the silly haters realise slating Froch after his exploits in the last few years makes you look pathetic.

I still don't see what's so good about Froch. Can't argue with the facts/proven form though.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by texasgamer View Post
    Just curious. I know there are a lot of Pacnuthuggers, but is he that bad of a boxer for people to hate him?
    From what i've been able to tell, most of the serious hate for Pacquiao comes from Marquez/Mexican and Mayweather Jr. fans. Some of them take the hatred to childish extremes, like throwing glasses and bottles in the ring aimed at Pacquiao last Saturday. WTF does any of this have to do with boxing? That's just low-life, trashy, criminal behavior, and that mentality, has no place in a civil society.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its really his camp and his "nuthuggers" that make me mad, i love pac, but his teams talk and his fans talking just riddled with lies, false facts, and contradicting opinions. In the words of roger mayweather "most people dont know shit about boxing" and in the end thats where the anger of real fans comes from

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think it's hatred, more dissappointment. Kinda like thinking this david guy really was gonna beat golliath just to find out they are banning rocks this time. This so called hatred isn't from floyd fans or anti pac fans necessarily most of it is from his own fans or people who hate floyd so much they just jumped on board. I think all this is good, pac has just as much a chance of beating floyd as he did before, but it's nice to see we are on the verdge of coming back to the sport as a whole and ditching all the riddiculous , dreams hypocritical talk of pac fans and the ridiculousness and antics of floyd and his group towards pac. These two shoulda fought years ago the more people that loose faith the less money both of them make. Good. People have hated on floyd year round, christ even when the dude tried to retire so pac and his people can put on thier big boy underwear and take it for a week or so.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There ALWAYS be haters.

Sourgrape turns to hate. That's all I can say.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    There ALWAYS be haters.

All hate aside, and i'm a Pac fan, but his stock went straight into the toilet after Saturday. It's hard to figure, Pac blitzes through 6 of the best fighters in the world with relative ease, but looks average/ordinary against Marquez, it's puzzling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    There ALWAYS be haters.

All hate aside, and i'm a Pac fan, but his stock went straight into the toilet after Saturday. It's hard to figure, Pac blitzes through 6 of the best fighters in the world with relative ease, but looks average/ordinary against Marquez, it's puzzling.
    Most of us saw the fight on the tube. There were 3 judges. They saw the fight steady and upclose in 3 different angles. Not one of them give it to Marquez. Why? Maybe 1 or 2 of them saw what we didn't see that favored Pac.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's just a sign he's so popular and so brilliant. All the best fighters get it.
    Must be why no one hates on Kell Brook

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There ALWAYS be haters.

Most of us saw the fight on the tube. There were 3 judges. They saw the fight steady and upclose in 3 different angles. Not one of them give it to Marquez. Why? Maybe 1 or 2 of them saw what we didn't see that favored Pac.
    I'm gonna watch the replay saturday and make up my own mind, in any event Pac didn't fight up to his normal standards against Marquez. He lost more rounds then he had in the total of his 7 previous fights. Sure JMM fought a great fight, but I still don't get why Pac looked so ordinary.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There ALWAYS be haters.

Take into account that he blitzed through 6 offensive machines. When was the last time he fought a counter-puncher? Marquez and he had trouble then. Frankly, that counter-punching style of boxing is Pac's kriptonite. It doesn't mean cleaning out the welterweight division isn't impressive, but he has yet to show he can decisively beat a counter puncher.

I also think everyone underestimated how well Marquez would look at welterweight. People put down Marquez after his fight against Mayweather, but the truth is that was his only fight at 147. It turns out when he trained properly for 147, he was fantastic at the weight.

Thread Information