Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Gaining muscles

Two questions guys,

1) If I'll eat the exact amout of colories my body need + alot of protein and I'll lift weights 2 time a week (to every muscle)
    will I gain weigh ? if so , how much weight ill gain in about 6 months ?

2) Does riding bycle will help me develop big muscles in my legs ?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gaining muscles

Quote Originally Posted by B
    Two questions guys,

1) If I'll eat the exact amout of colories my body need + alot of protein and I'll lift weights 2 time a week (to every muscle)
    will I gain weigh ? if so , how much weight ill gain in about 6 months ?

2) Does riding bycle will help me develop big muscles in my legs ?
    1) eating the amount of calories that your body needs won't make you make any large gains, you need to eat an excess to make large gains of muscle, you will also gain some fat which you should burn off once you've gotten the strength gain you need (why do you want to be heavier? fighting weight or what? lets say you want to be 13 stone of muscle and you weight 12 and a half, you'd need to put on over 13 stones of mass because when you came to burning the fat off you'd loose a few pounds) you burn the excess fat off.

You can't make large gains in muscle with out an excess in calories. as for how much you'll gain, how longs a peice of string, depends on your gentetics and alll sorts of stuff.

2) Depends how you do it, slow long distance bike riding won't fast and short riding will, if you want big strong legs I'd reccomend hill sprinting and shuttle running, do plenty of stairs

You need a lot of protien to repair the ripped tissues and alot of carbohydrates and a healthy amount of fat to supply your body with the energy it needs. Protien is the building blocks, fat and carbs are the works, little workers can't do a thing with alot of bricks, alot of workers can't do a thing with very little bricks. see what I mean?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank you for the awnser, so If i gonna eat more calories than I need lets say for about 4-4.5 months and then burn my fat off for about 1.5-2 months - how much muscle you think I'll gain ? i weight now 138.
    I know that the amount of muscle i gonna add depends on my genetic but how much the avarage person will gain in this amount of time im 17 years old

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I honestly can't answer, it varies so much and only I only really know the principles of gaining weight, not average statisics etc, at 17 I wouldn't worry to much about trying to gain muscle any way, trust me your still about a year away from starting to physically mature...

The past 6-8 months I must have put on about a stone in muscle, but I don't think thats a very typical thing to do, I just suddenly started filling out when I was about 18 and a half, before then I was really skinny, weighed just over 12 stone and I was and still am ( : ...) five foot eleven. No I struggle to stay at my fighting weight which is 12 stone 12 (my normal weight is now more like 13 stone 4.... )

you just shoot out like that when you reach a certain age...

Unless your trying to become a body builder theres no need to try and make massive weight gains, eat and live healthly, train hard and sensibly and just fight at what ever weight your natural at. Learn about more about your body, the why it feels and reacts to training and then start planning which weights you feel strongest at etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

alright , thanks man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AdamGB is spot on.

If you want to gain muscle you are going to have to eat a lot more than you currently do. For example if an 70KG man wants to be 100KG he has to eat like a 100KG man. Although I would say that a man who has quickly risen from 70kg to 100kg would be a poor boxer at 100kgs...

To build muscle, you muscle need to be stressed and then will repair themselves after, a combination of factors will affect this - AdamGB has gone over the foods, but I'd add that you needs as much rest as you can - you body repairs itself when you are asleep.

I have legs like a chicken - not sure if there's a gram of fat on them! I seriously trained for 1.5 years and this hardly made a difference - this included training legs once a week including calf raises, squats and leg press. I also did a course of Test in this time which made a slight difference, but hardly noticable. If you want bigger muscles then you need to train your muscle with heavy wegihts and low reps,. I'm pretty sure that I'll be stuck with these skinny calfs for the rest of my days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any bike riding will get your legs big, and i know that is true. My mums old ex bikes 50km's a day, at a medium pace and within a couple of weeks had legs like tree trunks, now they are huge. And that is endurance riding.

Like just about any training for boxing it should be specific to the fighter, match your style and most of all you should be comfortable fighting at the weight/muscle increase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by grahamb
    I have legs like a chicken - not sure if there's a gram of fat on them!  I seriously trained for 1.5 years and this hardly made a difference - this included training legs once a week including calf raises, squats and leg press. I also did a course of Test in this time which made a slight difference, but hardly noticable.
    If you made little to no progress after 1.5 years even with a course of steroids then your own diet/training sounds to be out of sync.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you made little to no progress after 1.5 years even with a course of steroids then your own diet/training sounds to be out of sync.

Hi Gutshot

I should have specified that it was just my calves that didn;t seem to change.

I probably have the smallest calves in the world (I just measured them and tense they at 13 inches), I'm 5'10 and just over 11stone - my upperbody is in ok shape, but I have legs like ghandi!- maybe it's just my genetics, but my calves just don't seem to grow! I made very good gains on all parts of my body when I trained, especially on gear - the weight that I could lift with my calves improved, but the size of them didn't seem to, or maybe it's just that they are so small I didn't see a difference! My thighs did improve.

My leg routine consisted of leg extensions, squats, leg press, calf rases (standing/seated). I'm no strong man, but I was lifting 260Kg on the leg press (6 clean reps) and squatting 110Kg, unasisted.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calfs are hard to add bulk to from what I've heard.

I think its mainly because of the amount of walking you do on them, they're built to be efficient rather than power full. So if your bad at gaining bulk on a specific muscle and it turns out to be your calf then its probably made twice as bad than if you wanted to increase the size of your bicep... :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calves easily get big by running more and skipping on your toes. Skipping more on you toes will get them pretty big, especially doing like 15 skips on the toes on one foot then changing over and repeating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J.Wright
    Calves easily get big by running more and skipping on your toes. Skipping more on you toes will get them pretty big, especially doing like 15 skips on the toes on one foot then changing over and repeating.
    You can also get them bigger on the toes quicker by doing power skipping, like double and triple skip, either way increase the speed you skip and the you will see the difference real soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i had 16.5" calves when i was bodybuilding, they only grew that size when i was sitting at 17stone
    your only a mere 11 stone, thats tiny in bodybuilding terms and i wouldnt expect you to have anything "big" with your current weight. More of an athletic look, but not bodybuilding...

if you want bigger calves your going to have to up the calorie intake, when you were juicing did you up your protein and carbs to create an ideal environment for muscle growth? After the cycle did you do a course or PCT and keep the calories up still, slowly tapering them down?

calves are stubborn as hell, my genetics were blessed enough to allow big legs, i so much as looked at them and they grew lol. My leg stats were 16.5" calves and 27.5" thighs

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J.Wright
    not by running more, by running faster and against more resistance.

if you just run further all you do is give them better endurance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

with a good workout program and diet you will approx gain 1 lb lean muscle a week . It depens if you want to workout to gain just mucle or u want to gain a small amount of muscle plus strenght . IF u want strenght do boxing workouts the are more explosive :P for muscle just do hypertrophy workout (prolly dident spell it wright :P)

Thread Information