Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fighters I (you) didn't like for no apparent reason- Just didn't like the bastards!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fighters I (you) didn't like for no apparent reason- Just didn't like the bastards!

I have some fighters who have done nothing really to warrant me disliking them as a person or a fighter and me wanting to see their face smashed in by a journeyman with more losses than wins, but I just did for some strange reason- Could very well be nice people and humanitarians outside of the ring, but it was like man to hell with these guys- Let's see em get bashed in!

1. Jonathan Banks- Hate him as a fighter, as a trainer he is ok. But I always rooted against is candy ass!!

2. Jorge Arce- FUCK HIM!!!

3. Evander Holyfield- Just never liked him. When Bowe beat him in their third fight I said "good for him!".... No reason, just don't like his nasty ass!!

4. Phil LoGreco- Sure, he is not a world beater. But this turd blossom is just a pussy. I don't like him. Loved when Khan destroyed him in one round, but Khan should have punished him a bit like Spence did for a minute- Hit him with a few low blows and tosses to the grounds, a rake to the face with the gloves and/or a few forearm and elbow shots to the ear and throat!! Yes... Savage this pussy!

Anyone else?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fighters I (you) didn't like for no apparent reason- Just didn't like the bastard

Rafael Ruelas because he reminded me of a dick head I knew at school who I had a fight with. No other reason that that and I was glad Oscar blew him away. I was sad that he beat Billy Schwer.

Floyd Mayweather because he is over paid for the piss poor performance he normally shows in his fights and is a classless individual.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fighters I (you) didn't like for no apparent reason- Just didn't like the bastard

Some of mine are as follows:

1. Ray Leonard: I admire/recognize/respect his skill and accomplishments, but I never liked the guy at all. Not sure if it was because of the Hagler outcome or because he always seemed to get things his way, but I always found myself pulling for the other guy.
    2. Lennox Lewis: Again, no denying his greatness and appreciate his ability, but I always wanted him to lose. May be due to my being such. Big fan of Evander’s. May be due to me just being a typical American who hates on British fighters (don’t think that is the case though because I love Nigel Benn, Eubank, Froch, Hatton...etc.).
    3. Joe Calzaghe: Great fighter with skills but always thought he was a bit of Jack ass and that he took advantage of an old BHOP and Roy.
    4. Vinny Paz: I always thought he was an overrated hype job. Type of guy who would limp into the title by barely outpointing the third best titlist and brag about being a three division champ. Puffed up lightweight who wasn’t very good at lightweight yet still had the honor of sharing the ring with a prime Roy Jones.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Forgot about Leonard but it was exactly for the reason he beat Hagler by manipulation. The same with his performances after that win against Donny, Hearns, Duran. Was glad he got smashed by Norris and Macho Man.

I looked at his prime and respect him immensely now. Unbelievable talent and true ATG.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Forgot about Leonard but it was exactly for the reason he beat Hagler by manipulation. The same with his performances after that win against Donny, Hearns, Duran. Was glad he got smashed by Norris and Macho Man.

I looked at his prime and respect him immensely now. Unbelievable talent and true ATG.
    You nailed it with the Lalonde reference also. Don’t view his titles in five weight classes like I do Tommy Hearns’ accomplishment. Beating a weight drained Lalonde for two titles was intelligent match making, but not impressive.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post

You nailed it with the Lalonde reference also. Don’t view his titles in five weight classes like I do Tommy Hearns’ accomplishment. Beating a weight drained Lalonde for two titles was intelligent match making, but not impressive.
    That was a scam pulled by Leonard beating Lalonde. He waited for Hearns to be vulnerable and still should have lost that fight. Hated him even more for that because Tommy wanted that victory and revenge.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never liked Larry Holmes, as I always considered him too much of a whiner. Loved it when Tyson whooped his ass.

Didn't like Duran in the beginning, but grew to admire him and even like the dude.

For some reason I never liked Erik Morales, and always rooted for Barrera in their feud and their fights.

Yeah..... Vinny Paz was an overhyped "Yo Adrian" punk. Loved it when RJJ opened up a can of whooping on his ass.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bellew, just the face and way he speaks.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe
    Martin Murray

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was never never never a Ray Leonard fan. Didn't like the hype even before he went pro, didn't like the big paydays for fighting tomato cans, didn't like the all American, Smiley, golden child coverage of him, didn't like the way he managed stuff to get every advantage in every fight ever, didn't like himgetting gift decisions against Hagler and Hearns. Superb fighter, no doubt about it, but I never rooted for him.

I also never was De la Hoya fan. Again, didn't like all the hype, and the all around golden boy media coverage saying what a great guy he was. No disputing his quality in the ring, although he is a cunt now he is grown up.

Saul Alvarez - played games with weight all his career to the extent he really is a cheat, never mind the failed dope test. The A Side against Golovkin and got a draw he really didn't deserve (never mind against Trout). Rewarded for that cheating by a huge pay deal. Cheating bastard who has milked the system superbly. Another very very good fighter.

Amir Khan. Just a total tool really, enough said. Thick as shit, emotionally incontinent on social media, chasing imaginary huge paydays while not taking on real tests. Good hand speed and always exciting, but a deeply flawed fighter.

........ and just to be controversial:

I have really gone off Anthony Joshua.

Another one who had huge hype before he even went pro. A hugely manufactured 'personality', just polished by media consultants, never get anything interesting from the guy, a fake character invented for the press, just repeats cliched little phrases all the time, and doesn't seeem interested in fighting anybody who is a threat. Really gone off this guy!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Saul Alvarez - played games with weight all his career to the extent he really is a cheat, never mind the failed dope test. The A Side against Golovkin and got a draw he really didn't deserve (never mind against Trout). Rewarded for that cheating by a huge pay deal. Cheating bastard who has milked the system superbly. Another very very good fighter.

Amir Khan. Just a total tool really, enough said. Thick as shit, emotionally incontinent on social media, chasing imaginary huge paydays while not taking on real tests. Good hand speed and always exciting, but a deeply flawed fighter.

........ and just to be controversial:

I have really gone off Anthony Joshua.

Another one who had huge hype before he even went pro. A hugely manufactured 'personality', just polished by media consultants, never get anything interesting from the guy, a fake character invented for the press, just repeats cliched little phrases all the time, and doesn't seeem interested in fighting anybody who is a threat. Really gone off this guy!
    I could have quite easily included these (and Tony Bellew and David Haye) but I feel like I have reasons for disliking them.

Calzaghe I just always though was a cunt and Martin Murray bores the living shit out of me, no reasons other than that, I just don't like them.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bellew, just the face and way he speaks.
    Bellew is kind of a dick. But he does not raise my ire to that degree or makes me wanna shot him in the face with a rocket launcher!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Forgot to mention Bobby Jizz (Czyz). I want to find another fight with him being pounded into a puddle of his own tears and failures. Didn't really like him as an announcer either. In fact, I knew him as an announcer before I knew he was a fighter and hated the cocksucker!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weird the reasons why fans can be turned off or at times straight up 'hate' a guy. I was a full blown hater when Oscar came out. of the Olympics. Just something about his big toothy constant smile and golly gee Eddie Haskell act . Not to mention shoved down fans throats. But as he went and got off the floor a couple of times respect for style..save for Tito partial track meet.. finds it's way in. I really liked Czyz on the mic for Showtime but he did find a way to opt out in some losses. Didn't care for basically blaming Holyfield for using dirty gloves in order to beat him either .

Pazienza...totally get the backlash for the whole gimmicky Andrew Dice Clay does boxing thing. He was a decent boxer at Lt but as he grew he became a bit of a caricature who fought like a caveman. Thumbed up when Aaron Davis turned him into a gargoyle.

Casamayor...just something about that guy.
    Larry Donald
    Roy Jones jr
    Tommy Morrison early on
    Keith Holmes
    Cletus Seldin
    Michael Nunn
    Cory Spinks
    Juan M Coggi

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Weird the reasons why fans can be turned off or at times straight up 'hate' a guy. I was a full blown hater when Oscar came out. of the Olympics. Just something about his big toothy constant smile and golly gee Eddie Haskell act . Not to mention shoved down fans throats. But as he went and got off the floor a couple of times respect for style..save for Tito partial track meet.. finds it's way in. I really liked Czyz on the mic for Showtime but he did find a way to opt out in some losses. Didn't care for basically blaming Holyfield for using dirty gloves in order to beat him either .

Pazienza...totally get the backlash for the whole gimmicky Andrew Dice Clay does boxing thing. He was a decent boxer at Lt but as he grew he became a bit of a caricature who fought like a caveman. Thumbed up when Aaron Davis turned him into a gargoyle.

Casamayor...just something about that guy.
    Larry Donald
    Roy Jones jr
    Tommy Morrison early on
    Keith Holmes
    Cletus Seldin
    Michael Nunn
    Cory Spinks
    Juan M Coggi
    Larry Donald and Cory Spinks!!!! Forgot those two but agree 100% with you. Could t stand either one.

Donald May have been because he pulled a no show vs Bowe and didn’t even try to win. Pathetic.

Thread Information