Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default End of Day 2 of Mediation - No Agreement - They say fight is off

We'll see if this holds up, but it's being reported that the fight is off.

Mayweather-Pacquiao: No Deal Reached! - Boxing News

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: End of Day 2 of Mediation - No Agreement - They say fight is off

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This won't be a popular post by most of you, but below was my prediction that I made when the fight was first being discussed.

I stand by this statement, and still believe it to be true.

However I will say, that if Manny has nothing to hide, he should just take the damn test, just to shut them up.

I guess that I'm also hoping that Manny does not have anything to hide, because it would just kill me to know that Miguel's only two losses, came at the hands of two cheaters, and that both of them thought that they needed something extra to beat Miguel. That would make me lose a lot of faith in this sport, and I don't want to lose faith.

Mayweather played his cards right, and now he doesn't have to get into a high risk fight, and comes out of this with Manny being the bad guy. Just like I said.

BTW this post was part of my thread that I started about Mayweather to possibly face Matthew Hatton.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Tune up my a$$.

Mayweather is all low risk, high reward these days. He knows that if he fights one of these guys in the US, he would not be able to sell out the arena, but take it on the road over to UK, and he knows that no matter who he's fighting, it will get sold out.

Do you really think that he's going to get into the ring with Manny? I sure as $hit don't, he's to afraid of losing that zero on his record. Mayweather will make such ridiculous demands during any negotiations, that it will make it impossible to strike a deal. Then he'll put all the blame on Manny and his team, saying that Manny didn't want to fight him.

Just guessing here, but I wouldn't be surprised if the source for this story is Mayweather Sr., he talks to one of the main writers of the site all the time.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic. How frustrating can boxing be?

Manny Pacquiao is a disgrace. All he had to do was agree to the kind of checks that teenage gymnasts readily go through in the Olympics and he couldn't even do that.

His career is done as far as I'm concerned. There is no demand for a fight with Foreman and Malignaggi has certainly done nothing to warrant a shot.

It all boils down to the question as to why Manny so vehemently refuses random blood testing. You would think fair enough "test me" if you have nothing to hide and you want to cement your legacy. And instead he risks his entire reputation because he doesn't want to provide a blood test?

He is either seriously unhinged or hiding something. There is no rationale for his behaviour.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't believe this.

What a circus, what a joke. I think really Floyd and Pac should be ashamed, but especially Pac. Nobody LIKES to give blood, but seriously, as a world champion boxer - HARDEN THE FUCK UP.
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I can't believe this.

What a circus, what a joke. I think really Floyd and Pac should be ashamed, but especially Pac. Nobody LIKES to give blood, but seriously, as a world champion boxer - HARDEN THE FUCK UP.

Thats just an excuse,He must be guilty and hiding something, give me 30 minutes with him he would skip into the room to give blood ,phobias are easily fixed these days even with females with long standing blind panic styled ones with snakes and spiders. There are people in his country, all countries that could fix that one up in no time flat.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just hope that from now on anyone Manny wishes to fight demands the tests so he has no one left. What a baby girl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pacroids fans over at his websites are trying to make it sound like mayweather jr. is the one chickening out. these cats would say anything to save face. but the fact remains is, mayweather jr. definitely wants this fight. it is pacroido who is balking at taking a simple blood test. i guess actions speak louder than words.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would be extremely surprised if it didn't happen. Perhaps not march, but september or something like that. the only thing that I hope are that Manny doesn't have something to hide and that it is not to finish his lawsuit to then attack the fight.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

f@ck the both of them for not fighting each other and a special f@ck you pac for letting your fans down!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao was willing to give blood tests as late as 24 days before the fight and additionally if still needed, right after the fight. This surely ensures a satisfaction for both camps. One camp for concern on steroids use, and the other for a continuity for a "ritual" but proven winning fight preparations.

This was the concession that the Pac group were willing to accomodate. However, the Mayweathers said no, as they wanted random blood tests to take place right up until seconds before the fight, this was unfortunately, disagreeable to Manny and rightfully so.

Pacquiao, as far as he is concerned, has nothing to hide. He plainly is not comfortable being randomly tested for the disruption it creates on his fight preparations. Likewise, it also has a history as a recipe for a bad result, (Morales vs Pac I) where he was tested days before the fight and he immediately felt enormously weakened as a result and to never achieve peak form atop the ring.

What else can be said....

Smokescreen works at Saddo!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KananKrus View Post
    Pacquiao was willing to give blood tests as late as 24 days before the fight and additionally if still needed, right after the fight. This surely ensures a satisfaction for both camps. One camp for concern on steroids use, and the other for a continuity for a "ritual" but proven winning fight preparations.

This was the concession that the Pac group were willing to accomodate. However, the Mayweathers said no, as they wanted random blood tests to take place right up until seconds before the fight, this was unfortunately, disagreeable to Manny and rightfully so.

Pacquiao, as far as he is concerned, has nothing to hide. He plainly is not comfortable being randomly tested for the disruption it creates on his fight preparations. Likewise, it also has a history as a recipe for a bad result, (Morales vs Pac I) where he was tested days before the fight and he immediately felt enormously weakened as a result and to never achieve peak form atop the ring.

What else can be said....

Smokescreen works at Saddo!
    It's bullshit, you can't be weakened by that!! When I was testing medicine, I could have 20 blood draw in 2 days, small amount. I could do whatever I wanted and even went doing sport after the week-end. IT is impossible and it is total crap that it "weakens" Pacman, everybody knows that. Now the fight is off and suspicion will be raised on pac's case forever till he accepts random blood test if he's not guilty!
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the Mayweathers wanted this fight, as they are letting the public to believe, then they should have just raised the steroids issue after the fight and not before the fight.

Vargas looked juiced up, but De La Hoya still beat the John Crap out of him anyways.

Win or lose, money in the bank. As "money" ya would think would have it... eh?

Win could have been tooo much heaven, and lose, gives them an easy out... the 'roid card. But nooooo! Nothin' should threaten the "0".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You did not fight Erik Morales for 12 gruelling rounds either, Buddy!

Thread Information