Interesting post fight interview here don’t know if it’s been posted yet

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Crawford vs Khan 20/4/2019 BT Sport Radio 5 Live

I dont think it was incapacitating, and he could have had five minutes, but I dont blame khan or his trainer for taking the easier out. He wasnt taking punches well the whole fight, even by his standards, and this way the headlines can read virgil stopped it after a low blow.

Was a drag to hear Arum bring up Al haymon right away in the post fight, same old garbage. They have worked together before, promoters arent supposed to like each other, networks compete, just figure something out ffs. Hope this fight did solid numbers, the only thing that makes Crawford vs Spence likely is if they both start selling.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    When you duck out of the main event in a PPV that's you done in big fights. Khan has maybe Brook left as a money fight, he's not going to get anything in America at the top level again.
    The Brook fight was worth more to Khan than this one. And that fight is well and truly done now. Brook would kill him
    Is Khan not calculating that Hearn will still make the fight after he loses to Crawford and taking the Crawford fight first to hoover up the most money he can before he retires? He was probably expecting to have enough to make it to the final bell in this fight and a points loss to a top pound for pound guy is no huge disaster. It just didn't work out like that.

In other news does anybody have a download of this fight? I want to send the interview with Crawford's trainer to somebody. Just the trainer interview will do if somebody could upload it. Was around the fourth round I think.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I dont think it was incapacitating, and he could have had five minutes, but I dont blame khan or his trainer for taking the easier out. He wasnt taking punches well the whole fight, even by his standards, and this way the headlines can read virgil stopped it after a low blow.

Was a drag to hear Arum bring up Al haymon right away in the post fight, same old garbage. They have worked together before, promoters arent supposed to like each other, networks compete, just figure something out ffs. Hope this fight did solid numbers, the only thing that makes Crawford vs Spence likely is if they both start selling.
    Haymon is going to wait till Crawford's contract is up and make him a massive offer.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When you duck out of the main event in a PPV that's you done in big fights. Khan has maybe Brook left as a money fight, he's not going to get anything in America at the top level again.
    The Brook fight was worth more to Khan than this one. And that fight is well and truly done now. Brook would kill him
    Is Khan not calculating that Hearn will still make the fight after he loses to Crawford and taking the Crawford fight first to hoover up the most money he can before he retires? He was probably expecting to have enough to make it to the final bell in this fight and a points loss to a top pound for pound guy is no huge disaster. It just didn't work out like that.

In other news does anybody have a download of this fight? I want to send the interview with Crawford's trainer to somebody. Just the trainer interview will do if somebody could upload it. Was around the fourth round I think.
    You mean where he says 'his speed ain't shit, he ain't got shit, he's slowing down cuz he ain't got shit, shit man Bud is beating his shit ass' or something along them lines.

It's in a highlight video on YouTube, the video is 8 mins 32 seconds if you search Terence Crawford vs Amir Khan highlights.

I can't post it here cuz I'm on my phone but it ain't difficult to find

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

Bob has to say that when he has everyone’s attention, it’s how he builds the lie. This isn’t about Al Haymon at all. Bud said himself it is Arum in the way, it’s not hard to find he said “just like THEY didn’t give me the Pacquiao fight THEY won’t give me this, I just have to do my job and beat who THEY give me”. Simple logic deduces who THEY is.

Or you can look at when Spence, Crawford and Bob were all together and Spence said “call my promoter, oh wait, I’m my promoter, just call and make the fight”,,,,crickets.

Bob floats this idea it’s Al and the media will eat it up. Just like he acts like Garcia is an issue in regards to Loma but he has never made Garcia an offer, he has never made a call, but Garcia calls him and he won’t answer the call. And Garcia negotiates around Arum with others at Top Rank he is trying so hard. But Bob says,,,,but Bob says,,,,, Bob is a liar, he’s always been a liar, we have literally hundreds of documented cases of him lying.

Fights are not as hard to make as liars would have you believe. This is how they control the situation

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That post fight presser was odd and kind of minimalized Crawford. They had Lopez sitting right out front with him chirping in about the fight. Then Crawford keeps going with the shat talking to Khan a bit. Crawford is in a tough spot. His mandatory Kavaliauskas looked very ordinary and got a gift over Robinson last out and can't see him remotely competitive with Bud. I haven't seen 2 of his last 4 fights and not really missing much but one sided beat downs.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    That post fight presser was odd and kind of minimalized Crawford. They had Lopez sitting right out front with him chirping in about the fight. Then Crawford keeps going with the shat talking to Khan a bit. Crawford is in a tough spot. His mandatory Kavaliauskas looked very ordinary and got a gift over Robinson last out and can't see him remotely competitive with Bud. I haven't seen 2 of his last 4 fights and not really missing much but one sided beat downs.
    They are hyping and manufacturing Lopez up a bit too much. First time I have seen him and he is not the next great chosen one they are all making him out to be. Stevenson looked better.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan determined to rebuild reputation after ‘quit’ accusations

Amir Khan is determined to fight on to restore his reputation after being accused of quitting in Saturday’s WBO welterweight title defeat by Terence Crawford.

The 32-year-old was controversially withdrawn in the sixth round at New York’s Madison Square Garden after Crawford threw a low blow, and he has since been heavily criticised by both the champion and neutral observers.

It was his trainer Virgil Hunter who took the decision for his fighter but it is also Hunter who is encouraging him to fight on. The respected figure was the first person Khan spoke to on Sunday morning and, despite being a cautious individual who required convincing before sanctioning his fight with Saul Alvarez in 2016, he is adamant Khan can respond.

Suggestions even persist that Hunter took advantage of the low blow to rescue Khan from a fight in which he was struggling and taking heavy punishment, but the former world champion told Press Association Sport: “He (Hunter) sent me a really long message. ‘I’ve been training a lot of fighters; I would be the first to say call it a day but I don’t think you should. There’s a lot left in you’.

“A trainer would be the first to say that because he’s living with you day-in, day-out. But he said ‘Look, I don’t want you to be disheartened by this; it’s not like you were fighting a dud. He’s one of the best fighters, pound-for-pound, and you were doing well against him. The shot was low, even he knows that, but when you’re fighting in someone else’s country and someone else’s promotion…’

“He sees me like a son, and treats me like a son. If he thought I should call it a day he’d say, ‘Re-think what you’re going to do’. If it was a bad performance, he’d be the first to say.”

Khan is also convinced that he was on the verge of recovering from a losing position against perhaps the world’s second finest fighter and not only that he can be optimistic of fighting again when he plans to return in September or October, but that in the right circumstances that opponent could finally be Kell Brook.

“The fight was 100 per cent turning,” Khan said. “I could see (Crawford) slowing down; that fifth round was one of his worst. It’s a strategy; how can you hit somehow that low? He knows. He’s a professional fighter.

“When you’re hit with that shot you can’t think; your mind’s all over the place. Taking that low blow was a worse position to be in than being knocked down. I’m not going to say it’s a bad decision by (Virgil). He’s thinking ‘Amir will go back in there and not be fully recovered’.

“I’m lucky. I can go straight back into another big fight if I had to. If it’s a rebuilding fight it’d depend on where it was taking me.

“I just heard rumours Kell might be signing to fight out here with ESPN and is not going to be with Eddie Hearn, so that’d kill that fight. I’d fight anyone. If that fight’s there, for sure.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/kha...153634837.html

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That speil is case in point why Khan decided quitting was the best bet. In his mind he saves face, can half blame Virgil, and still compete at a high level. I wonder if they more or less rehearsed that scenario.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

You mean where he says 'his speed ain't shit, he ain't got shit, he's slowing down cuz he ain't got shit, shit man Bud is beating his shit ass' or something along them lines.

It's in a highlight video on YouTube, the video is 8 mins 32 seconds if you search Terence Crawford vs Amir Khan highlights.

I can't post it here cuz I'm on my phone but it ain't difficult to find
    Go to allthebestfights.com I watched it today perfect pic

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Amir Khan is determined to fight on to restore his reputation after being accused of quitting in Saturday’s WBO welterweight title defeat by Terence Crawford.

The 32-year-old was controversially withdrawn in the sixth round at New York’s Madison Square Garden after Crawford threw a low blow, and he has since been heavily criticised by both the champion and neutral observers.

It was his trainer Virgil Hunter who took the decision for his fighter but it is also Hunter who is encouraging him to fight on. The respected figure was the first person Khan spoke to on Sunday morning and, despite being a cautious individual who required convincing before sanctioning his fight with Saul Alvarez in 2016, he is adamant Khan can respond.

Suggestions even persist that Hunter took advantage of the low blow to rescue Khan from a fight in which he was struggling and taking heavy punishment, but the former world champion told Press Association Sport: “He (Hunter) sent me a really long message. ‘I’ve been training a lot of fighters; I would be the first to say call it a day but I don’t think you should. There’s a lot left in you’.

“A trainer would be the first to say that because he’s living with you day-in, day-out. But he said ‘Look, I don’t want you to be disheartened by this; it’s not like you were fighting a dud. He’s one of the best fighters, pound-for-pound, and you were doing well against him. The shot was low, even he knows that, but when you’re fighting in someone else’s country and someone else’s promotion…’

“He sees me like a son, and treats me like a son. If he thought I should call it a day he’d say, ‘Re-think what you’re going to do’. If it was a bad performance, he’d be the first to say.”

Khan is also convinced that he was on the verge of recovering from a losing position against perhaps the world’s second finest fighter and not only that he can be optimistic of fighting again when he plans to return in September or October, but that in the right circumstances that opponent could finally be Kell Brook.

“The fight was 100 per cent turning,” Khan said. “I could see (Crawford) slowing down; that fifth round was one of his worst. It’s a strategy; how can you hit somehow that low? He knows. He’s a professional fighter.

“When you’re hit with that shot you can’t think; your mind’s all over the place. Taking that low blow was a worse position to be in than being knocked down. I’m not going to say it’s a bad decision by (Virgil). He’s thinking ‘Amir will go back in there and not be fully recovered’.

“I’m lucky. I can go straight back into another big fight if I had to. If it’s a rebuilding fight it’d depend on where it was taking me.

“I just heard rumours Kell might be signing to fight out here with ESPN and is not going to be with Eddie Hearn, so that’d kill that fight. I’d fight anyone. If that fight’s there, for sure.”

He was given the 5 minutes. The white flag came out within 30 seconds or less. Khan can color it any way he wants.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

He was given the 5 minutes. The white flag came out within 30 seconds or less. Khan can color it any way he wants.
    That’s it, the ref even offered him the time more than once. Khan did the right thing getting out as Crawford was going to break that chin right of khans head. It would have looked like a mouth guard flying out but then we would have seen the blood and teeth sitting on someone’s lap in the first row. Damn what a change from the old showboating Khan of not so long ago. I’m sure you noticed even in this fight he waved Crawford in once or twice but Crawford took his offer and capitalized on it. I did start liking Khan a bit more when he dropped the ridiculous showboating and became more of the underdog but it’s time for him to pack it up as he is really putting his health at risk

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan was clearly very bothered by the low blow. I do not understand why a full 5 minutes wasn't taken. Just sit down for five minutes and see how it goes. It didn't look like Khan quit to me.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir Khan reveals he is 'peeing blood' after Terence Crawford low blow

Amir Khan will go to hospital this week after passing blood following his sixth-round retirement because of an “illegal” blow by Terence Crawford in the world welterweight fight at Madison Square Garden on Saturday night.

The 32-year-old Briton claimed that if the roles had been reversed and he had hit champion Crawford below the belt, he would have been disqualified and would have come in for far worse treatment from fans, officials and the promoter. Nonetheless, Khan was taunted as “a quitter” by rivals and on social media after Virgil Hunter, his trainer, quickly pulled him from the fight even though the referee was prepared to give him five *minutes to recover.

“It does hurt, physically and emotionally,” Khan said from his apartment in Manhattan yesterday. “The fight was the highest point of my career and I have to give credit to Terence Crawford because he’s a lot better than I thought he would be.

“We are all human and if you get hit it hurts you. If I was hit in the head, caught on the face or cracked in the eye socket, then that is different because it is a legal shot.

“This was different. It was an *illegal shot. Imagine if I’d done that. I would have been disqualified and criticised. I’d have been called a cheat and accused of wanting an easy way out because the fight was hard.”

Khan admitted that he was “still peeing blood” from the body shots and low blow and that he would go for a hospital check-up this week. “There was blood after the fight, then a little bit on Sunday morning. But I’m OK now. The wife will make me go and get checked out. I said to her that I’m a fighter, I get hit and that these things happen, even in sparring.

“He was throwing body shots and some of them were quite low. Look, he’s the champion and he’s going to get more favours than me. When you do get hit below the belt, it can take time for you to recover. He knew what he was doing.”

Khan barely remembers the end of the World Boxing Organisation fight.

“A lot of people keep asking me the question and I honestly don’t know what happened,” Khan said. “I talked to the ref and he said I had five minutes. Then I took a walk into the middle of the ring to open up my stomach and see how I felt.

“I came back and Virgil had *already called it. He said afterwards that it was his decision to call it *because he said it wasn’t fair that I got hit by a low shot.”

Khan admitted that his “addiction” to the fight game would make it hard for him to walk away.

“I’m 32 now, but I feel like I’ve got a lot left in me. I have to sit down with my family, close friends and also my wife,” he said. “Retirement is not something I’m looking at and I definitely wouldn’t want to leave the sport in this way.

“I haven’t spoken to my wife yet. I know she’s going to be upset. She hates me fighting. She’s always said it – she hates me boxing and has never been a fan of me being in the ring. She’s always afraid, she says the worst time is when I fight.

“I’ve still got it in me to carry on. This is just another bump on the road and it’s not one of the bumps against someone who is low calibre. This was against the best of the best, a pound-for-pound guy.

“Boxing is one of those sports where once I leave I don’t want to come back. I give my family a heart attack every time I fight and they hate me fighting. I have to be ready to finish. I don’t want to finish thinking, ‘Could I have fought again?’

“I’ve had a crazy up-and-down career and opportunities have *always come. No matter who I have fought I have always given it my all.

“Another call will come again saying: ‘Amir, there is another big fight, do you want to top the bill again?’ Maybe they’ll offer me Errol Spence [the unbeaten International Boxing Federation champion] and I’ll think about that … maybe I need to think about what I do and don’t take from now on. My dream was to win a world title and top big bills and I have done that. Everything else is a bonus now.”

He added: “Retirement has to be a solid decision. Returning at the wrong time would haunt me. I have been 14 years a professional, 10 years fighting the top guys in the world. It’s a long time. I’ve won a world title, topped the bill at big arenas, fought the pound-for-pound guys. It’s hard to say no, it is an addiction.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ami...213000070.html

Thread Information