60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default British Title Fights announced by BBBofC

BRITISH CHAMPIONSHIPS
    CRUISERWEIGHT JOHN KEETON (Holder) v MARK HOBSON
    The above contest is put out for Purse bids in accordance with the Terms and Conditions attached to be received at the Board's Head Office by 12.00.noon on Wednesday, 13th December 2006.
    Contest to take place by the end of March 2007, but not before 20th January 2007.
    LIGHT MIDDLEWEIGHT (Final Eliminators) GARY WOOLCOMBE v MICHAEL JONES
    Agreement having been reached between the parties, the above contest will take place at the Goresbrook Leisure Centre, Dagenham, 26th January 2007. To be promoted by Frank Maloney.
    THOMAS McDONAGH v MARTIN CONCEPCION
    Agreement having been reached between the parties, the above contest will take place at the MEN Arena, Manchester on 10th March 2007. To be promoted by Frank Warren.
    WELTERWEIGHT KEVIN ANDERSON (Holder) v EAMON MAGEE
    Agreement having been reached between the parties, this contest will take place at the Fife Ice Arena, Kirkcaldy on 16th February 2007. To be promoted by Barry Hearn.
    Final Eliminator ROSS MINTER v COLIN McNEIL
    Agreement having been reached between the parties this contest to be promoted by Frank Warren will take place on a date and at a venue to be confirmed.
    SUPER FEATHERWEIGHT CARL JOHANNESON (Holder) v RICKY BURNS
    The above contest is put out for Purse bids in accordance with the Terms and Conditions attached to be received at the Board's Head Office by 12.00.noon on Wednesday, 13th December 2006.
    Contest to take place by the end of March 2007.
    BANTAMWEIGHT MARTIN POWER (Holder) v IAN NAPA
    Contest to take place by the end of March 2007.

===========

The big fights from my point of view is obviously Mark Hobson's return to the British title scene, even though he is still the holder of the WBU cruiserweight title. Even though his defeat against Maccarinelli was unfortunate, I think the punch seemed to catch him on the ear, affecting his balance, he's got a win earlier in the year over John 'Buster' Keeton, and he would be going into it as a pretty big favourite. However, Hobson does feature in really exciting fights, particularly on a domestic front, and should be a cracker when it comes about.

The other one that looks like a proper rip-roarer is Carl Johanneson v Ricky Burns. Burns has looked pretty good since his defeat by Alex Arthur in the battle of Scotland earlier in the year, and with Johanneson chasing Arthur, we'll see whether he has that quality to put Burns away, and warrant a fight against Arthur, who really is looking at bigger targets himself.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: British Title Fights announced by BBBofC

I saw Johanson's fight against that Fehnitola guy or whatever his name was. Good fight he seems a big strong guy. I like Ricky Burns for a young kid he's already fought Britain's best and seems to like facing only top domestic opposition.

Cant wait to see Jamie Moore and Matthew Macklin in action again, hope they will announce something soon..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    I saw Johanson's fight against that Fehnitola guy or whatever his name was. Good fight he seems a big strong guy. I like Ricky Burns for a young kid he's already fought Britain's best and seems to like facing only top domestic opposition.

Cant wait to see Jamie Moore and Matthew Macklin in action again, hope they will announce something soon..
    Well Macklin wont be seeing 154 again thats for sure a rematch would be awesome, but i think Macklin-Duddy would be a great fight, Burns can outbox Johanssen like you say hes a big boy Johanson, but a good boxer will take him out and Burns is that.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

Well Macklin wont be seeing 154 again thats for sure a rematch would be awesome, but i think Macklin-Duddy would be a great fight, Burns can outbox Johanssen like you say hes a big boy Johanson, but a good boxer will take him out and Burns is that.
    Personally, I don't think we'll see Duddy fighting over here until he's started losing fights over in the states, which is where the money is at the moment for him. He's packing out Madison Square Garden, yet he's hardly registered on the british boxing scene. With his WBA belt, even though it is a minority belt, it is better for him than the British belt would be for him. Can you really see Macklin drawing Duddy into a fight over here? He'll stay where the bucks are, with the American Irish backing him big time.

Thread Information