Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pac and Martinez to beat Floyd?

pac beats floyd? you honestly think pac can absorb punishment the way cotto can? pac is a pressure fighter who's defense is his offence. cotto is used to being in wars where he gives as good as he gets. he's like a tank, he'll roll thru anything to get a chance to connect. pac throws punches to avoid getting hit by punches. mayweather would counter the lunging and off balance pac all night and pac would wilt over the middle rounds. he'd throw fewer and fewer punches until mayweather stalked him and took him out.

remember if they were to fight, there would be no doubt pac would not be on steroids.

as for martinez, you think he has the defense to take floyd? you think floyd's going to give him a chance to throw that giant arching left hook everyone has a hard on for? floyd would be on the other side of the ring by the time that thing came even close to it's intended target. floyd would probably only agree to fight him at a ridiculous catch weight of 152lbs or so... ensuring that martinez was weight drained and lacked stamina. a weight drained martinez is slower and weaker, can't absorb the laser like punches of mayweather and gets taken out in the late rounds.

i have to remind you, martinez, like pac wouyld not be on steroids if he fought mayweather... just something to consider.

the outcomes are easy to predict.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 05-06-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    pac beats floyd? you honestly think pac can absorb punishment the way cotto can? pac is a pressure fighter who's defense is his offence. cotto is used to being in wars where he gives as good as he gets. he's like a tank, he'll roll thru anything to get a chance to connect. pac throws punches to avoid getting hit by punches. mayweather counter the lunging and off balance pac all night and pac would wilt over the middle rounds. he'd throw fewer and fewer punches until mayweather stalked him and took him out.

remember if they were to fight, there would be no doubt pac would not be on steroids.

as for martinez, you think he has the defense to take floyd? you think floyd's going to give him a chance to throw that giant arching left hook everyone has a hardon for? floyd would be on the other side of the ring by the time that thing came even close to it's intended target. floyd would probably also agree to fight him at a rediculous catch weight 152lbs or so... ensuring that martinez was weight drained and lacked stamina. a weight drained martinez is slower and weaker, can't absorb the laser like punches of mayweather and gets taken out in the late rounds.

i have to remind you, martinez, like pac wouyld not be on steroids if he fought mayweather... just something to consider.

Dude some of your posts are inane, loopin right of martinez, wtf you be smokin

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pac and Martinez to beat Floyd?

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post

what? who said looping right? you need to practice your reading skills.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 05-06-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post

what? who said looping right? you need to practice your reading skills.
    Archin left whatever its derby weekend in kentucky, louisville aka as drunk of my ass

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think both could beat Floyd, they have the tools too. BUT, Floyd is too smart and would have a game plan to make sure he won.

Pac he would counter then take advantage when Pac's leg cramp kicks in in the last third of the fight.

Martinez he would dance around and jab his face off.

They would both have to be tactically better than Floyd, which I don't think they have the smarts to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The winner of a fight is never predetermined I have Floyd favourite other both though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Floyd beats both if he sticks to boxing and doesn't try to fight the way he did against Cotto But Martinez is a very risky and tough fight which I wouldn't put my money on.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you were watching Floyd made the fight a bit competitive, by standing toe to toe with Cotto Floyd
    was punch perfect for the first 6 rounds. Then he just changed tactics he won the fight well I feel
    he could have made it a lot easy er. Floyd can made extremely good fighters look ordainer that's what
    he done with Cotto. Floyd defence is second to none you got to hit him to beat him, he has way to much
    for Pac and Martinez.!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pac beats floyd? you honestly think pac can absorb punishment the way cotto can? pac is a pressure fighter who's defense is his offence. cotto is used to being in wars where he gives as good as he gets. he's like a tank, he'll roll thru anything to get a chance to connect. pac throws punches to avoid getting hit by punches. mayweather would counter the lunging and off balance pac all night and pac would wilt over the middle rounds. he'd throw fewer and fewer punches until mayweather stalked him and took him out.

as for martinez, you think he has the defense to take floyd? you think floyd's going to give him a chance to throw that giant arching left hook everyone has a hard on for? floyd would be on the other side of the ring by the time that thing came even close to it's intended target. floyd would probably only agree to fight him at a ridiculous catch weight of 152lbs or so... ensuring that martinez was weight drained and lacked stamina. a weight drained martinez is slower and weaker, can't absorb the laser like punches of mayweather and gets taken out in the late rounds.

Are you trying to say that Martinez is on steroids? Do you have any evidence to back this up?
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martinez - First fight against Pw, he used right hook to the body and head to great effect. He varied the left as well, often throwing a very short sneaky lead left.

Martinez is much more than just a left hand.

Martinez has more speed and power than Floyd.

Martinez vs Floyd-martinez slight favorite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Mayweather fights Pacquiao the way he fights Cotto, then I see it as a more competitive fight.

If Mayweather fights Pacquiao the way Marquez fought Pacquiao, then he will dominate the match.

But my above assessment can change depending on the Pacquiao-Bradley fight. It will give me an idea as to how much slippage Manny has gone through.

Below 154, Martinez is no match for Mayweather. Above that Floyd is toast.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post

Are you trying to say that Martinez is on steroids? Do you have any evidence to back this up?
    not at all. i'm saying he won't be on steroids if he fights mayweather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post
    If Mayweather fights Pacquiao the way he fights Cotto, then I see it as a more competitive fight.

If Mayweather fights Pacquiao the way Marquez fought Pacquiao, then he will dominate the match.

But my above assessment can change depending on the Pacquiao-Bradley fight. It will give me an idea as to how much slippage Manny has gone through.

Below 154, Martinez is no match for Mayweather. Above that Floyd is toast.
    If floyd would agree to 154, Martinez would take it in a second. He is still a 154 pounder fighting at 160. And Martinezc could make 154. Martinez weighed 165 pounds against barker int he ring. Last night- mosley-164, canelo-167.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Neither Pac or Martinez will beat Floyd if the fight takes place this year. PBF is 35 and needs the Pac fight in 2012 not next year. Pacman is looking battle weary and it will be very interesting to see how he comes up against Bradley. Floyd has 1 maybe 2 fights left in him, but he sure knows how to beat these predictable fighters, Cotto fought well, but Floyd was never really in jeopardy throughout the fight. Pacman is unpredictable so that might cause him some concern, but Floyd is so good defensively i just can't see Pacman hitting the target enough to win.
    Martinez is not in the same class and at 154 loses a wide UD to Floyd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Martinez gets destroyed. He hangs back too much giving Floyd plenty of chance to pick him off. However if he lands with one of his super punches who knows. I think Pac has a better chance as he is a pressure fighter and would be on top of Floyd all night. Floyd does not like pressure.

Thread Information