Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: New Workout Program

Thats pretty impressive dude

what are power leans and skull crushers?

Good luck with your program mines considerably less impressive

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PunchDrunkHighOn_?
    Thats pretty impressive dude

what are power leans and skull crushers?

Good luck with your program mines considerably less impressive
    unless there is a 'c' missing.
    Skull crushers for your tri's

first article I found.

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/...malemuscle.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cheers Missy

I get it skull crushers cause if you drop the bar on your head..

Yeah I was doin those the other day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yep, skull crushers is probably my favorite tri excercise. Really builds them up, but you gotta be willing to push yourself with the weight. Especially if you want to bench a lot, because 95% of all lifters miss heavy bench presses not beacuse they couldnt get it off there chests, but because they couldnt finish the last couple inchs at the top, and thats all tricepts. Another real good excericse is weighted dips... try to do 3 sets of 8 with 100 pounds tied to your lifting belt. Fun Times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

100 lbs that does sound like fun times

you don't seem to do that much shoulders?
    dumbell raises
    shoulder press
    shrugs

Is that cause you find boxing keeps them pretty strong I don't do any weights on my shoulders but I find its my strongest feature

i'm not comfortable bringing my arms up straight above my head with weights as i feel my shoulder is becoming disjointed particularly lifting up with cables
    when doing dumbel raises do you bring the weight higher than your shoulders with a straight arm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually do 6 shoulder excercises a week...

Barbell Shrugs (4x10) Shoulder Press machine (4x
    Dumbbell Shoulder Raises (4x10) Behind Neck overhead press (4x
    Tightgrip Pulldowns (4x10) Sitting Row Machine (4x

But honestly, you could do a lot less and still keep your shoulders well built and strong. A good shoudler workout just needs shrugs as long as you do about 8-10 good sets. Prop 4-5 with dumbells, and 4-5 with a barbell behind your back. Just make sure when you do them that you basically make a small circle with your shoudler as you pull it up and try to hold it at the top for about 2 seconds. I choose to do the other excercises to help build better stabalization muscles in my shoulders, not so much as bulk. I have also found that over head stuff really helps all my lifts.

And yea, when I do shoulder raises I do one arm at a time, bringing them to a little over head level with a straight arm. I usually use 25's but if Im pumped up I have used 30s a few times. Im really concentrating on form right now. Each movement slow and precise, working very specific muscles. I only wait 30 seconds between sets, and 2 minutes between excercises, so it really is an intense hour and 15 minute workout.

For me, I like to use like a 8 week power lifting program, where I concentrate on breaking records and am a little more leniant on diet and form while lifting. Then I take a week off, and go to a 10 week bodybuilding routine where I concentrate on form, and choose one body part I really want to put extra effort in. Like for me now... its my back and abs. I was born with a naturally big chest and shoulders, and I worked my legs to death on my last cycle.. so now I want to really punish my back and try to get that big V. If you have any more questions let me know... Ill be glad to help you out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

are you actually a boxer or just a weightlifter/powerlifter whatever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Much appreciated Luke

I'll definately start to incorporate shrugs into my workouts
    As for usin 30s for dumbell raises I'll leave that to you buddy

Good luck on your V

I might have to come back to you for some tips on strengthening my back when I get chance. I've spent alot of wasted time workin out with no direction and your tips are really useful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

garymad.. Im both. I'm also just right below a world class polevaulter. I guess Im what you would call just an all round athlete.. who loves to work his ass off to be the best at everything I do.

Punchdrunk, I know where you are coming from. I see so many people lift who are lifting hours and hours and getting no benefits because they have no solid program, no idea what they are really doing. I was one of those guys, and was luckily led in the right direction from my dad, and other high callibar lifters. Just like in any sport, mimicking is a great thing. Weather you are a basketball player, a weight lifter, a boxer, whatever. Find a mentor, someone with great success, and pattern your training like his. Match his intensity, his drive, and just try to keep up. Then one day down the road you will realize that you have surpassed him in knowledge and you begin to train with things you have learned on the journey, making your own workout plans. And before you know it, there is someone watching you, wanting to train with you, to be the athlete that you are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

luke, is that you on your picture?

how old are you and how old were you when you started training?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yea, thats me in my picture, but its a little old. I was 20 years old when I took that, about a week before I left for the military (2 weeks before I was 21). I started "serious" weight training when I was 17 years old, but have been around it my whole life. I'm 23 right now.

Thread Information