Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NASA says humans could land on Mars in 25 years

Hey c'mon guys.... it's a bonafide argument, being carried out more civilly than 99% of the arguments on the forum lately. That in as of itself is refreshing to see.

On the topic itself, I'll just put it this way. The moon landing conspiracy theory, for lack of a better description, hasn't really taken off until relatively recently (I believe), at least as compared to the timeframe of the moon landings themselves. In other words.... the hoax claim didn't come out right off the bat after the landings. Thus, for many years, the vast majority of people were content with believing what they were seeing, hearing, and reading. That majority would include me. I never found it necessary to go back and dig deep to find out whether the landings were a hoax or not. Surely the motives were there. The space race with the Russians..... the commitment from JFK that it would be done..... and just plain old national pride. But I'll say right off the bat..... I'm generally not a fan of conspiracy theories. It seems everything nowadays is a conspiracy. This all sort of blends in nauseatingly with the Fake News phenomenon made so popular nowadays by President Trump. It's mind-boggling to think that nothing's real anymore. Maybe we were too innocent back then. Maybe we needed to become more jaded and skeptical about everything. But boy, does it suck to live this way.

I'm not going to weigh in on the lunar landings, because honestly I haven't been moved to read about them till now..... and hadn't had any reason to question them before now. Obviously it's an important topic, but TBH I'm just not moved to dig deep to find the real answers. Enough of the fake news and bogus facts spewed regularly on this forum by agenda-driven people, for me to take on yet another "truth that isn't really true."

It's all a bit sad, really.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I was just bugging you, I don’t take much seriously enough. I do think people who buy into every conspiracy theory aren’t any more aware than people who dont think critically about anything, a lot of the time. To be honest, I read as much about the moon landing today than I maybe ever have, because I just felt like arguing with you and I’m bored. I haven’t “been fooled”, as its nothing I’ve ever felt strongly about and really makes no difference to me what the truth is, was all well before my time anyways. Plus I’m Canadian and therefore have no claim to anything besides being polite, and I can’t even pull that off.
    All good buddy, I've never professed to being smart.

I look at it like the matrix with the red and blue pills. You have the choice.

I'm not claiming to be more aware than anyone else, but look at how quick the evolutionists left the thread when challenged on the belief in a theory. Believing an unproven theory so strongly, with no observable evidence, is the same as believing the bible. Blind faith.

Thing is this thread started over talk about going to Mars. That's happening now. Not in the past.

I’d say regarding evolution, if Anyone disappeared it’s because it’s not really possible to argue with someone who just wont accept any evidence that is or can be presented. I agree with Fensters take there. Obviously there is a lot man doesn’t know, and I doubt we have any biologists posting in the thread, so what do you expect. I’ll assume you don’t believe the mars rover landed either? No offence at all, but it’s just kind of a headache to have these arguments. If you like, call it a matter of predisposition, as neither of us knows enough about the subject to provide anything worth debating. You think it’s comical how fooled I’ve been, my guess is there are plenty of people who’ve worked at NASA that think the same about you.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was just bugging you, I don’t take much seriously enough. I do think people who buy into every conspiracy theory aren’t any more aware than people who dont think critically about anything, a lot of the time. To be honest, I read as much about the moon landing today than I maybe ever have, because I just felt like arguing with you and I’m bored. I haven’t “been fooled”, as its nothing I’ve ever felt strongly about and really makes no difference to me what the truth is, was all well before my time anyways. Plus I’m Canadian and therefore have no claim to anything besides being polite, and I can’t even pull that off.
    All good buddy, I've never professed to being smart.

I look at it like the matrix with the red and blue pills. You have the choice.

I'm not claiming to be more aware than anyone else, but look at how quick the evolutionists left the thread when challenged on the belief in a theory. Believing an unproven theory so strongly, with no observable evidence, is the same as believing the bible. Blind faith.

Thing is this thread started over talk about going to Mars. That's happening now. Not in the past.

I’d say regarding evolution, if Anyone disappeared it’s because it’s not really possible to argue with someone who just wont accept any evidence that is or can be presented. I agree with Fensters take there. Obviously there is a lot man doesn’t know, and I doubt we have any biologists posting in the thread, so what do you expect. I’ll assume you don’t believe the mars rover landed either? No offence at all, but it’s just kind of a headache to have these arguments. If you like, call it a matter of predisposition, as neither of us knows enough about the subject to provide anything worth debating. You think it’s comical how fooled I’ve been, my guess is there are plenty of people who’ve worked at NASA that think the same about you.
    So what evidence would you like to provide for evolution? I love that there's this idea that there's evidence for something that is still a theory. Can't really be called evidence tho can it. I'll gladly accept it. The scientific method says it MUST be observable and repeatable. Give me 1 piece of observable evidence.

I wasn't meaning you when I said it's comical. I was talking all of us. Programmed by the media, blindly following stories we have been told.

With space it seems the only time in history when we have gone backwards with technology.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito, you are OBLIVIOUS to facts. You deny them because you are like a creationist and believe despite the evidence that all men are created equal. Humans are very different and traits among certain groups exist in some more than in others, so bring your grudge out all you like, the fake news is your own. It need not be a terrible but to deny evidence is false.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because there is so much fake news nowadays, I can understand why someone would be sceptical about the moon landings.

But I'm someone who was alive and watching TV when Armstrong took his historic step. Back in those days, most of the people who ran the news media had some honour and integrity, and most reporters were honest.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm pretty sure they took away Louis Armstrong's seven moon landings after he admitted taking drugs to get there.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Missing word was 'thing'...typo. There is likely far more research into IQ than that of the moon landings as we analyse people constantly. Many tests are a form of IQ test. We do not analyze the moon to the same degree as it is just a faraway rock (at least it certainly appears to be). Millions are being checked for intelligence every year. Even within America, which means people have similar access to education, IQ differences are clear. This really cannot be called bogus facts or fake news. The possibility of the moon landing being bogus is more likely than scientists making up IQ data. We have all the evidence for that and it grows yearly. It is important to be aware as we can then work on environmental factors. That is a positive thing and should be considered seriously.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Because there is so much fake news nowadays, I can understand why someone would be sceptical about the moon landings.

But I'm someone who was alive and watching TV when Armstrong took his historic step. Back in those days, most of the people who ran the news media had some honour and integrity, and most reporters were honest.
    So you believe it because you watched it on TV? And you believe the media was honest, who also watched it on TV.

Back when I believed the moon landings were real, I wasn't lying either, it was just my belief on what I had seen, been told or taught.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll put a question out there to see what people think.

So apparently the actors on the ISS (international Space Station) have the technology to turn their sweat, urine and condensation back into usable water. You can find footage of the actors saying this on the station.

Piss and urine? That's all they need?

Why isn't this type of technology being used on earth, in somewhere like Africa?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll put a question out there to see what people think.

So apparently the actors on the ISS (international Space Station) have the technology to turn their sweat, urine and condensation back into usable water. You can find footage of the actors saying this on the station.

Piss and urine? That's all they need?

Why isn't this type of technology being used on earth, in somewhere like Africa?
    Because they are not hooked into a multi billion dollar machine made for a handful of people

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you believe it because you watched it on TV? And you believe the media was honest, who also watched it on TV.

Back when I believed the moon landings were real, I wasn't lying either, it was just my belief on what I had seen, been told or taught.
    I had been following closely as the space program gradually progressed during the 1960s, searching the newspapers every day for information. I became especially interested during the Gemini missions, and being a child at the time I was very excited about it. However, I felt they wouldn't be able to do it after the tragic fire in early 1967 that killed the three Apollo astronauts. A Russian cosmonaut died in a crash that same year.

But I was amazed in December 1968 when Lovell and his crew went around the moon and back, then I knew it would be possible by the end of 1969 as JFK had promised.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody ran away from the evolution stuff, @Alpha, it's just that you seemed to be muddling up biology with physics. But then dismissed all the evidence for evolution and like with the testimony of thousands of scientists who debunk the moon conspiracy, you claim they are either wrong or bullshitters.

It's no different to flat earthers who end up claiming - all the evidence/pictures/science is fake.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Nobody ran away from the evolution stuff, @Alpha, it's just that you seemed to be muddling up biology with physics. But then dismissed all the evidence for evolution and like with the testimony of thousands of scientists who debunk the moon conspiracy, you claim they are either wrong or bullshitters.

It's no different to flat earthers who end up claiming - all the evidence/pictures/science is fake.
    So no observable evidence then?

Can you show me an example or an experiment so I can observe how the surface of water can bend?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're asking for evidence you can actually observe even though you don't believe the science or sources.

If you had spent every single day for dozens and dozens of years observing an ape in a locked cage, then took a holiday and returned to find it replaced by a human in a three-piece suit, you wouldn't claim - "Blimey! They've been right all along. Evolution is kosher." You'd ask who's stole your bloody ape.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information