Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Head injury

i was sparring hard w/ a taller faster person who i often spar with but i had stepped on a nail liek a week b4 & thought id be fine but i couldnt push off my back foot quite swift enough & around the 3rd round i (knowing better) abondoned most head movement & came strait in and took plenty of hard shots to the UN PADDED TOP OF MY head (had head gear of course)

i felt no pain during or immediatly after .....since i know that i can tuck my chin deep & take a few on the crown tahts fine but the next day when i would look up too hard or fast the scalp muscles would shoot a strange sharp pain ...
    MY QUESTION IS......IS THERE ANY PART OF TEH HEAD THAT IF U GET HIT ON BRAIN DAMAGE COMES FASTER OR EASIER

IS GETTING HIT ON THE TOP OF THE HEAD ANLY LESS WORSE THEN TEH SIDE OR FACE?
    i'm only 20 & amature
    so i'm not worried in that my brain is hurt in anyway ,and i know u dont wanna neccesarily take ANY shots if at all possible
    but i was just curious

*lol i asked my trainer he just said "u cant win anyfights by taking shots & scolded me about my stopping my head movement (THINGS I ALREADY KNEW!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Head injury

I've fractured my skull before after drinking waay too much and falling over landing on the side of the kerb with my head. I could physically move a portion of bone on my forehead so I immediately knew something was wrong, what worried me was that the doctor didn't really care! He told me the front part of your skull is one of the hardest bones to break and if a concrete kerb did that to me I must have hit it with some force. Now I dont know about punch's to the head but I doubt that that punch has caused a big head injury, but please get it checked out anyway.

You never know and having a doctor take a close look at you is always advisiable. I had a headache for 3 months after my accident and its the same kind of pain your describing, I think you may have bruised your head a bit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Head injury

Normally after taking shots to the head you get a sore neck, from your head being smashed backwards. If you are concerened you should ask the doctor. the back of the heads the worst for brain damage, that i know of anyways.

Thread Information