Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Do you eat White bread?

I am trying to lose weight/get healthy as always, but I find lunches quite hard (mainly because I'm on the road,/ limited choice. etc. If I am going to eat a snadwich (normally a roll) I want to enjoy it, but I just don't like Brown bread as much. But everywhere I look, white bread is portrayed as the devil!

What say you?
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Do you eat White bread?

very rarely. Try and avoid processed food as much as pos & esp. Refined carbs. Just make yourself a lunch the night before & stick it in a tuperware box you lazy git.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

very rarely. Try and avoid processed food as much as pos & esp. Refined carbs. Just make yourself a lunch the night before & stick it in a tuperware box you lazy git.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not much, but I don't eat much bread of any kind. It just doesn't taste as good here.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Not much, but I don't eat much bread of any kind. It just doesn't taste as good here.
    yep bread abroad is often a bag of shite

I swear by Medium sliced Warburtons white bread, one in blue packet (must always be within two days of best before date or i sling it)

so yes i do eat white bread
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    yep bread abroad is often a bag of shite

I swear by Medium sliced Warburtons white bread, one in blue packet (must always be within two days of best before date or i sling it)

so yes i do eat white bread
    UK bread does taste very different. A lot of good bread there.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If im having toast prefer brown bread for it. I prefer bread buns or rolls, again it's got to be brown or wholemeal
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i like german black bread, 9-grain organic rye or pumpernickel, or just hard red whole wheat. after i eat it i hit the heavy bag.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only white bread hate brown bread.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    I am trying to lose weight/get healthy as always, but I find lunches quite hard (mainly because I'm on the road,/ limited choice. etc. If I am going to eat a snadwich (normally a roll) I want to enjoy it, but I just don't like Brown bread as much. But everywhere I look, white bread is portrayed as the devil!

What say you?
    Just read those highlighted parts back as one sentence as see how pathetic that sounds.

Just eat brown bread, you will soon get used to it. Complaining about food not tasting sweet enough, or nice enough, or being comforting enough is like the kid who doesn't want to get into the swimming pool because it's a bit cold or the person who doesn't want walk up the hill because he's a bit tired.

Suck it up princess.

In all seriousness I've made a few changes to my diet in the past few months and although they were initially not the best, tasting now they are perfectly natural to me.

I hated green tea to start with, vile stuff, a couple weeks of drinking it daily and I'm totally used to it now. Haven't had any other tea in the house for a few months.

As for white bread. It's junk food, don't eat it. Also don't buy ready made sandwhiches either. They are stacked full of salt, in fact many well exceed the daily recommended salt intake for the entire day. Crisps are healthier, and lower salt.

Make your own sandwhiches. Brown bread, use philadelphia light spread instead of butter and fill them with healthy foods like ham, tomato's, lettuce, cucumber, tuna etc.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

What say you?
    I say eat whatever kind of bread you like, but limit the amount you eat. For example: If I eat a hamburger on a bun, I eat all of the burger meat and veggies, but less than half the bun. I'm currently using a loaf of White Sour Dough bread, it makes a great grilled ham & cheese or roast beef and swiss sandwich. But, I only use one slice of Sour Dough bread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what a load of crap . white bread is in no way worse than whole bread . if anything the (more or less) dietary fibers in the whole bread disturb the absorption of nutrients , which might benefit d fatties , but i wouldn't recommend it . eat well and u won't have to worry about actually absorbing the ingredients of your food .

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
    what a load of crap . white bread is in no way worse than whole bread . if anything the (more or less) dietary fibers in the whole bread disturb the absorption of nutrients , which might benefit d fatties , but i wouldn't recommend it . eat well and u won't have to worry about actually absorbing the ingredients of your food .
    Hey Trainer Monkey, welcome back, missed you on here,

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

He's actually right though. Any kind of processed grain these days is hard to digest and stripped of nutrients. If you're going to eat bread made from flour it may as well be the simplest white bread you can find, it does the least harm. Sprouted grains are where it's at in fact, they are never turned to flour or processed at all and much higher in nutrients. There's still debate as to whether that stuff is in fact good for you though as opposed to less unhealthy. Bread is in fact shit, sadly.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

He's actually right though. Any kind of processed grain these days is hard to digest and stripped of nutrients. If you're going to eat bread made from flour it may as well be the simplest white bread you can find, it does the least harm. Sprouted grains are where it's at in fact, they are never turned to flour or processed at all and much higher in nutrients. There's still debate as to whether that stuff is in fact good for you though as opposed to less unhealthy. Bread is in fact shit, sadly.
    White bread is clearly worse than wholemeal bread. It's very high GI for one and not filling at all, which is the last thing an overweight person needs. White bread, along with crisps is the one of the worst things you can eat for weight gain.

It's technically a junk food.

Brown bread is healthy in moderation, but too much can lead to bloating, especially people with wheat intolerences. The other main problem with wheat is that it is found in so many meals that we tend to eat more of it than is good for us.

But under no circumstances should a fat person looking to lose weight eat white bread. It's a guaranteed way to fail the diet.

Thread Information