Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Loma vs Rigo finalized Dec 9th

Still convinced some of the higher tier guys see the drain coming and not looking for the rehydration done properly. They just choose to take the 10 20k penalty which sounds crazy to working stiffs like ourselves but it's an investment for them to fight 'heavy-healthy' and sure up what are already favorable odds to get to higher stakes and bigger show downs. The pressure actually shifts to the opponent before the bell even rings to agree to terms last minute or bring on cancellation of fight and a rare opportunity they may not get again. Sounds overly simplistic but a contract ensuring a shared weight should be just that no questions or qualifiers need apply. Shaking a few thousand at it or 'losing' a trinket..though retaining rank..seems a slap on the wrist.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Still convinced some of the higher tier guys see the drain coming and not looking for the rehydration done properly. They just choose to take the 10 20k penalty which sounds crazy to working stiffs like ourselves but it's an investment for them to fight 'heavy-healthy' and sure up what are already favorable odds to get to higher stakes and bigger show downs. The pressure actually shifts to the opponent before the bell even rings to agree to terms last minute or bring on cancellation of fight and a rare opportunity they may not get again. Sounds overly simplistic but a contract ensuring a shared weight should be just that no questions or qualifiers need apply. Shaking a few thousand at it or 'losing' a trinket..though retaining rank..seems a slap on the wrist.
    This is so true, those fighters in position to lose a few thousand will take that advantage. I'm thinking promoters should have a back up fighter ready like they have in the WBSS, if one guy misses weight he's out, no purse or fight for him. I was thinking a bigger purse penalty but when you get guys like Floyd missing weight for Marquez it's not a huge dent in the wallet. We really need the commissions to step up and start getting strict on some of this sh-t. I'd include the sanctioning bodies but we all know they are basically toothless and for sale to the highest bidder.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very interesting match up but I really hope Loma and coax Rigo into more of a fight. I don't want to see these two guys pacing around staring at each other for 12 rounds.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This is so true, those fighters in position to lose a few thousand will take that advantage. I'm thinking promoters should have a back up fighter ready like they have in the WBSS, if one guy misses weight he's out, no purse or fight for him. I was thinking a bigger purse penalty but when you get guys like Floyd missing weight for Marquez it's not a huge dent in the wallet. We really need the commissions to step up and start getting strict on some of this sh-t. I'd include the sanctioning bodies but we all know they are basically toothless and for sale to the highest bidder.
    Don't forget the anti doping agencies that are providing vitamin/water IV exemptions (especially those done at a persons house instead of being administered at a hospital). Essentially the rehydration rate seems to be about the same for IV and sipping but the difference is you don't have to be up all night sipping and pissing. So you get to sleep in your own bed while rehydrating and wake up in the morning rehydrated. There's also no worries of retching that comes with gorging yourself.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So, Rigo's reward for stepping up in weight to fight one of the best boxers on the planet is that if he loses , he loses his WBA belt, even though he's not defending it! Guys like this getting punished for putting their legacy on the line, while you've inactive fighters like Thurman that would run a mile to avoid some fights being made their Super Champion!
    If Rigo does win, in the Press conference after, he should wipe his ass with the fucking belt!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    So, Rigo's reward for stepping up in weight to fight one of the best boxers on the planet is that if he loses , he loses his WBA belt, even though he's not defending it! Guys like this getting punished for putting their legacy on the line, while you've inactive fighters like Thurman that would run a mile to avoid some fights being made their Super Champion!
    If Rigo does win, in the Press conference after, he should wipe his ass with the fucking belt!
    Ron mentioned this awhile back. Rigo should have already dumped those belts after they stripped him the first time.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can we sticky this or merge the Rogo/Loma fight threads? @Memphis @Spicoli @Master @Fenster etc

The brilliant Lee Wylie Boxing has made this and it is well worth a watch

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Can we sticky this or merge the Rogo/Loma fight threads? @Memphis @Spicoli @Master @Fenster etc

The brilliant Lee Wylie Boxing has made this and it is well worth a watch

I'll take a look at that vid tonight, can't wait until Saturday, it's gunna be a long old night.

@Master I assume we will be having a date night?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, wife not happy as I stayed up for channel 5 fight with Hughes in it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    forget your wife, have you asked your kids if its alright yet? I'm surprised they'll let you watch the Earlier fight card because it'll interrupt their watching of the X Factor and we all know how your kids bully you

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    forget your wife, have you asked your kids if its alright yet? I'm surprised they'll let you watch the Earlier fight card because it'll interrupt their watching of the X Factor and we all know how your kids bully you
    PS4 games not X factor or Strictly.

Good long night of boxing. Can't grumble.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I may have to lean toward Rigo with this one. Watching the training that's been going on for this fight. Rigo seemed to gear his training to fight Loma and loma seems to training like hes fighting anybody. Unless team loma is keeping its cards close to its chest and has something under wraps, watching them do the recreation thing on social media, I just don't know if Lomas coming into this fight looking to make as big a statement as Rigo is. Height advantage goes to Loma, Reach goes to Rigo. It's said that rigo punches hard for his weight so he may not be at a disadvantage here. So that means the determining factor might be Volume, by where Loma has the advantage. The question for me is whether will be able to stop entertaining long enough to win the fight...
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I'm down the Villa tomorrow to watch us play Millwall (no one likes them) I should be back home by about 5:45 which will give me a wee bit of time to settle down and get ready for the DeGale card, then I'll have an hour or so before the Loma v Rigo card and then I'll be going to bed at the ripe old time of approx 6am.

can't wait, the only thing I'm not looking forward to is watching the Villa

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Well I'm down the Villa tomorrow to watch us play Millwall (no one likes them) I should be back home by about 5:45 which will give me a wee bit of time to settle down and get ready for the DeGale card, then I'll have an hour or so before the Loma v Rigo card and then I'll be going to bed at the ripe old time of approx 6am.

can't wait, the only thing I'm not looking forward to is watching the Villa
    There is a sky card on as well on the night.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Rigo knocks Lomachenko out, but Lomachenko is like a Calzaghe of the lower weights.

Thread Information