Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default RJJ V CALZAGHE. in works for November 15, Cardiff, Wales! ~

Yep, that's the news, that's the date and that's the site they are looking for. Roy Jones told that to ITV News

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHxWeBBHWsE

It really does not appeal to me.....but hey thats boxing!!

rather see him fight pavlik or tarver.
    Last edited by 1g5a22; 05-05-2008 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: RJJ V CALZAGHE. in works for November 15, Cardiff, Wales! ~

expecting this to be a done deal before the end of the month.

Warren isnt silly in RJJ he sees someone who can sell a fight worldwide, in cardiff he sees 70,000 tickets being sold, by staying with HBO he enables JC to still go after some big name fighters after he has disposed of RJJ.

Hope the november time frame isnt correct, RJJ will be approaching 40 and calzaghe 37, September/october is a perfectly reasonable timeframe for these 2 to not only sell the fight worldwide but also get themselves in tip top condition!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

Warren isnt silly in RJJ he sees someone who can sell a fight worldwide, in cardiff he sees 70,000 tickets being sold, by staying with HBO he enables JC to still go after some big name fighters after he has disposed of RJJ.

Hope the november time frame isnt correct, RJJ will be approaching 40 and calzaghe 37, September/october is a perfectly reasonable timeframe for these 2 to not only sell the fight worldwide but also get themselves in tip top condition!!
    u know your stuff kid,,,do you buy all this p4p stuff too,that rjj would own joe 5 years ago etc,i dont,sure jones is declining but so is calzaghe,id have loved to have seen it personally and maybe jones would have took it,but in no way would it have been a foregone conclusion,people have been underestimating joe all his life and see jones as a boxing god,i have a lot of respect for jones but the hype over the years really outweighed the man in my oppinion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have got to see Roy Jones Jnr in the flesh. Wow.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 1g5a22 View Post

u know your stuff kid,,,do you buy all this p4p stuff too,that rjj would own joe 5 years ago etc,i dont,sure jones is declining but so is calzaghe,id have loved to have seen it personally and maybe jones would have took it,but in no way would it have been a foregone conclusion,people have been underestimating joe all his life and see jones as a boxing god,i have a lot of respect for jones but the hype over the years really outweighed the man in my oppinion.
    If you don't think Roy Jones in his prime would've beaten Joe Calzaghe, you need to go and watch more of Roy Jones Jr. Calzaghe is a great fighter but honestly, how in the hell would he have beaten a prime Jones with his style. It literally couldn't have happened barring some freak acident. Joe couldn't get his respect, couldn't get into his rythym, couldn't deal with his speed, and would get potshotted to death.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mean if you can name one advantage Joe would have going into the fight, I'm all ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

If you don't think Roy Jones in his prime would've beaten Joe Calzaghe, you need to go and watch more of Roy Jones Jr. Calzaghe is a great fighter but honestly, how in the hell would he have beaten a prime Jones with his style. It literally couldn't have happened barring some freak acident. Joe couldn't get his respect, couldn't get into his rythym, couldn't deal with his speed, and would get potshotted to death.
    seriously mate iv followed jones for years and calzaghe,i just dont buy in to the he was the best thing since sliced bread shit,fact is im not underestimating jones ,,your underestimating calzaghe,i dont exspect many to agree with me and frankly i dont care,

------------------------------------------
    PEOPLE WHO TAKE STEROIDS ARE OVERRATED!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mean if you can name one advantage Joe would have going into the fight, I'm all ears.
    CLEAN BLOODSTREAM,HATES HIPHOP AND U CANT KNOCK HIM OUT(THERES 3)!!

-just as fast
    -solid chin
    -able to adapt to any style
    -would draw jones into his fight and offset the theatrics

and if all else fails enzo would suplex him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

-just as fast
    -solid chin

<---------Enough said

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

-just as fast
    -solid chin

Yea, he has a good chin. Other then that, about the kind of post I expected from a fanboy who can't see past a fighters nationality. How do you know he can adapt to any style? Has he fought Roy Jones clone in some underground fight somewhere? And he wasn't as fast as Roy Jones. Calzaghe has very fast hands, you could argue that he throws as many punches as quickly as Roy did, but he generates nowhere near the power and leverage Jones would get on punches that he was able to get off basically at the same speed as Joe. The difference is looking at the way they are thrown and the effect they had on people. Roy Jones could knock people clean out at SMW. Aside from of course Calzaghe, who apparently CANNOT BE Ko'ed. BUT, you forgot to consider that Roy Jones CAN'T lose to people from the UK. I mean in his entire amatuer and pro careers, he has never ONCE lost to an Englishman, not to mention a Welshman. I don't know how you could pick Calzaghe after knowing that. I didn't realize Joe hated Hip Hop though. That truly might be the X factor

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins was able to land when he wanted to against Calzaghe, but he didn't have the output to sway the judges. RJJ would be throwing and landing more, end of. RJJ wide UD (except this is in Joe's home turf, so anything can happen if it gets left in the hands of the judges.)

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Hopkins was able to land when he wanted to against Calzaghe, but he didn't have the output to sway the judges. RJJ would be throwing and landing more, end of. RJJ wide UD (except this is in Joe's home turf, so anything can happen if it gets left in the hands of the judges.)
    Do you mean now as opposed to prime? Seeing as you like compiling odds - how would you price it up?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prime Roy would have slaughtered Calzaghe. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Do you mean now as opposed to prime? Seeing as you like compiling odds - how would you price it up?
    I wouldn't have this out of the park odds, but I would have the following

RJJ = -200 = 1/2
    Calzaghe = +175 = 7/4

I would move these as I see training sessions etc.

As for prime I would have had

RJJ = -500 = 1/5
    Calzaghe = +400 = 4/1

somewhere in that neighborhood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

-just as fast
    -solid chin

Yea, he has a good chin. Other then that, about the kind of post I expected from a fanboy who can't see past a fighters nationality. How do you know he can adapt to any style? Has he fought Roy Jones clone in some underground fight somewhere? And he wasn't as fast as Roy Jones. Calzaghe has very fast hands, you could argue that he throws as many punches as quickly as Roy did, but he generates nowhere near the power and leverage Jones would get on punches that he was able to get off basically at the same speed as Joe. The difference is looking at the way they are thrown and the effect they had on people. Roy Jones could knock people clean out at SMW. Aside from of course Calzaghe, who apparently CANNOT BE Ko'ed. BUT, you forgot to consider that Roy Jones CAN'T lose to people from the UK. I mean in his entire amatuer and pro careers, he has never ONCE lost to an Englishman, not to mention a Welshman. I don't know how you could pick Calzaghe after knowing that. I didn't realize Joe hated Hip Hop though. That truly might be the X factor
    calm down,stop taking it all so personal,and i never realised he fought a load of people from the uk,,lol!

this prime for prime shit is bullshit,theres only a couple of years between them,anthony hanshaw ring any bells,joe beats the top dogs in the SMW and LHW,and jones beasts up a welterweight(tito)

and tarver and johnson never found him such a beast(quite the opposite in fact)and leave nationality out of it,,we really dont want to go down that route at the minute do we,lol!

Thread Information