Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ismyal Sillakh

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Ismyal Sillakh

So Izzy got TKO'd in 8 after looking quite good on FNF vs a favorite he comes in as a favorite and gets stopped badly. I think its good this loss has happened when it did #1 Izzy is young, he'll regroup #2 There's a log jam of title holders right now and it could take time for that to clear up.

Sillakh has plenty to work on, what do you guys think of him now?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ismyal Sillakh

First, I eat crow, as I thought the Black Russian was perhaps the best in the division.

I'm not giving up on him yet. I believe he still has a future in the sport. He was fighting a puncher, and got caught when he had a momentary lapse in judgment. It happens. Hopefully, he uses it as a learning tool, and it wakes him up to a few things he could improve on.

He should take an immediate rematch with Grachev and knock him out too.

On the other hand, Grachev makes for fun fights. He could be matched with a Rosinksy, Bellew type, and we would have a barn burner. Here's what Grachev said after the fight:

"I would love to fight the winner of Dawson and Hopkins." "I am not a technical fighter, but I can break any man in boxing. I wouldn't outbox a legend like Hopkins or a former Champion like Dawson, but I promise I would break their spirit and eventually knock them out. That's what I do...I break my opponents."

Damn Russians

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was absolutely dominating that fight and he got caught. It happens, this is one of those crossroads events that can crush a fighter's confidence. It will be interesting to see how he recovers, I won't make any judgements on how he does going forward until I see him in another fight.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was dominating as far as points, but not really trying to get his man out of there. He also tired quite clearly by the mid rounds and was almost spent before he got caught it seems. It should also be said that you could use Fed Ex to deliver a punch and it would get there before Gorchevs. He telegraphs everything horribly and seeing as he'd really landed nothing to soften Sillakh up before the end it doesn't bode to well for the guy imo.

El Kabong Guest

Cloud vs Gorchev? That would be fun huh?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    He was dominating as far as points, but not really trying to get his man out of there. He also tired quite clearly by the mid rounds and was almost spent before he got caught it seems. It should also be said that you could use Fed Ex to deliver a punch and it would get there before Gorchevs. He telegraphs everything horribly and seeing as he'd really landed nothing to soften Sillakh up before the end it doesn't bode to well for the guy imo.
    He's a volume guy, most volume guys don't punch that hard although he was puffing earlier than usual.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He can still bounce back, he just needs to work on his defense. Although I hate when fighters change/blame their trainers for a loss I wouldn't mind he if hired somebody like Steward. Manny would get him to fight tall and protect his chin....might make him boring to watch but it's better than getting ktfo.

Full credit to Grachev. Didn't think it would be him to expose Ismayl' weaknesses. I figured it would take Cloud or Pascal to beat Sillakh. Since he's US based I'm sure they could make a Shumenov fight soon.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    He's a volume guy, most volume guys don't punch that hard although he was puffing earlier than usual.
    I though he got pretty lazy after the 3rd of 4th round, and looked tired towards the end. Considering he didn't take any punishment early this would suggest his stamina isn't going to let him be a volume guy. He reminds me a lot of Campillo when he punches and its great to watch, but he may just have that aesthetic appeal and lack basically everything else. Gorchev had awful technique and no workrate to speak of. He himself probably had no high hopes of winning the fight until he saw his chance.
    Last edited by p4pking; 04-30-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    First, I eat crow, as I thought the Black Russian was perhaps the best in the division.

I'm not giving up on him yet. I believe he still has a future in the sport. He was fighting a puncher, and got caught when he had a momentary lapse in judgment. It happens. Hopefully, he uses it as a learning tool, and it wakes him up to a few things he could improve on.

He should take an immediate rematch with Grachev and knock him out too.

On the other hand, Grachev makes for fun fights. He could be matched with a Rosinksy, Bellew type, and we would have a barn burner. Here's what Grachev said after the fight:

"I would love to fight the winner of Dawson and Hopkins." "I am not a technical fighter, but I can break any man in boxing. I wouldn't outbox a legend like Hopkins or a former Champion like Dawson, but I promise I would break their spirit and eventually knock them out. That's what I do...I break my opponents."

Damn Russians
    I gurantee Tavoris Cloud would break him inside two rounds.

Silakh was looking smooth til he got caught with his hands down, like Lyle says he'll learn from it and be back.

The guy can box, he just needs to learn not to be lazy in there and to FINISH HIS OPPONENT !
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He needs to stay active for starters & learn to keep those hands up. I think he looked bored, & he paid for it
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah he did look bored, he was landing at will but god why didn't he just finish the guy off? Or at least put the hurt on him so he'll wilt instead of coming forward. I really have high hopes for Sillakh. I don't think a KO loss is all that bad.

Champs lose fights, its more important that they learn the errors of their ways than to get gift decisions or fight soft opposition. He needs to land that left hook to the body more often and if he's gonna go out with his left hand down and least go out on an angle.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he can regroup after this loss.

The loss does not necessarily matter if he improves & comes back strong from here

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He did one thing when got hurt that puzzled me, he did not attempt to grab and hold at all. Or take a knee. I don’t understand why he did not. If he were to have taken a knee and ran for the rest of the round he had a far better likelihood of making it to the 10th round.

Trainers should really teach their boxers that if they are hurt and can't grab they should swallow their pride and take a knee. Lose a round but have a chance to win the fight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DavilaJones View Post
    He did one thing when got hurt that puzzled me, he did not attempt to grab and hold at all. Or take a knee. I don’t understand why he did not. If he were to have taken a knee and ran for the rest of the round he had a far better likelihood of making it to the 10th round.

Trainers should really teach their boxers that if they are hurt and can't grab they should swallow their pride and take a knee. Lose a round but have a chance to win the fight.
    Agreed

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought he was pretty unlucky because he was clearly winning the fight. Credit for grachev though for continuing to press the action to get the stoppage. He had to go for it and it paid off.

I think that both men will make progress in the weight class and I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch further down the line.

Thread Information