User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Accountability Thread

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Accountability Thread

I would like to create this thread so that right here on this very forum we can hold boxers, trainers, promoters, and judges accountable for their actions in the sport, in the hopes that if we get the ball rolling on this we can make enough noise that the crooks and thieves are drummed out of boxing.

Let's come together and use this site to call judges on their horrible decisions, call for the banning of boxers that get caught with loaded wraps or taking banned substances or blatantly try to injure on opponent in a nonsporting way, call out trainers for dirty tactics and loading wraps. We don't have to go back very far in the past to whine and complain about horrible decisions, let's just start with 2012 and take it from there.

My first nominees for this thread are Duane Ford & C.J. Ross who scored the Bradley-Pacquiao fight 115-113 in favor of Bradley.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Accountability Thread

I'm not sure what a thread will accomplish, but it's better than doing nothing. Although I think a letter coming from this forum (Saddo?) and directed toward the boxing authorities might have more of an effect.

Nevertheless, I second the nomination, because I still believe the scoring by those two judges was either inept, corrupt, or both. Boxing judges need to start being held accountable by someone, since it doesn't seem like the frigging boxing organizations themselves are doing it.

Then again, maybe the letter from Saddoboxing ought to be directed at the Nevada State Boxing Commission.

El Kabong Guest

This is after all a public forum, anyone can read this section so if we as boxing fans gather evidence and say some people are corrupt then perhaps we'll get some attention. We can also suggest changes boxing can make in order to improve.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mustafa Scorecard Fiddler

I don't know his name, but the guy in the hat in the Khan fight is clearly dodgy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't realise until now, but Boxrec track all fights from judges.

I'm sure this will make interesting reading:

CJ Ross
    C.J. Ross - Judge

Duane Ford
    Duane Ford - Judge

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reading an article about Cooney v Holmes and Ford had Cooney winning the fight if it went to the scorecards. Which thankfully it did not if it was not for the point deductons.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post

CJ Ross
    C.J. Ross - Judge

Duane Ford
    Duane Ford - Judge
    James, I have already seen that website before flight I know it looks suspicious do you realise that those judges actually favoured Manny quite a few times in the past.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post

CJ Ross
    C.J. Ross - Judge

Duane Ford
    Duane Ford - Judge
    James, I have already seen that website before flight I know it looks suspicious do you realise that those judges actually favoured Manny quite a few times in the past.
    I scored it pretty close, so I don't have many complaints about the decision. But the overwhelming amount of people that saw it as a wide Pac win means that me, along with the two judges were probably wrong.

Just because they have scored for Pac before doesn't mean they aren't corrupt/ inept. I think they were there for the Marquez fight!

I just never knew it was so easy to track judges fights, only ever used boxrec for the fighters.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post

CJ Ross
    C.J. Ross - Judge

Duane Ford
    Duane Ford - Judge
    I scored it pretty close, so I don't have many complaints about the decision. But the overwhelming amount of people that saw it as a wide Pac win means that me, along with the two judges were probably wrong.

Just because they have scored for Pac before doesn't mean they aren't corrupt/ inept. I think they were there for the Marquez fight!

I just never knew it was so easy to track judges fights, only ever used boxrec for the fighters.
    Sorry, James yeah that's what I was getting at... Was typing on my phone but failing!

I'd like to do a poll to see - between all of those who think Pacman won - who of them thought it was corruption and who of them thought it was ineptitude (impossible to be both) that gave Bradley the win... Just to watch em all stop chasing their tails long enough to realise they actually have to cling on to something logical
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We should start the Duane Ford Jokes. I love the fact that celebs and people from the media like Dan Rafeal are tweeting their Duane Ford Jokes.

I'll start and here is mine:

In a 7 game series; the Miami Heat outscored the Boston Celtics in 4 of the 7 games. Duane Ford however gave the win to the Boston Celtics.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    We should start the Duane Ford Jokes. I love the fact that celebs and people from the media like Dan Rafeal are tweeting their Duane Ford Jokes.

I'll start and here is mine:

In a 7 game series; the Miami Heat outscored the Boston Celtics in 4 of the 7 games. Duane Ford however gave the win to the Boston Celtics.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exclamation Re: Accountability Thread

This is a interesting thread , but who should be held accountable the WBO the judges the promoters and
    how will you implement punishment fines banns etc.
    Accountability's it may seem the right thing to do, but in the USA you would have to have ALL the boxing
    commission's on board, how many have you got 50 plus.!
    Could you see all of them taking this on board, can't see it myself.!

Thread Information