Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather to fight Quintana, Salita or Matthew Hatton in the UK?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather to fight Quintana, Salita or Matthew Hatton in the UK?

These wont happen, a fight against Matthew Hatton would be a complete joke, no chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see why people admire Mayweather because of his talent in the ring ... but it is now very clear that he is a Cherrypicker. A fighter always look good when fighting opponents below their caliber.

And no its not OK for PBF to fight these guys before waiting for Pacs injury to heal. He should be fighting Mosley or Berto or even Clottey.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Infinite View Post
    I can see why people admire Mayweather because of his talent in the ring ... but it is now very clear that he is a Cherrypicker. A fighter always look good when fighting opponents below their caliber.

And no its not OK for PBF to fight these guys before waiting for Pacs injury to heal. He should be fighting Mosley or Berto or even Clottey.
    Clottey is a good call, now that's a fight I can get interested in.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's nothing in there about doing this cause Pac is hurt BTW

Looking at this if you're a Mayweather fan you have to think would I criticize Pacquaio for doing this, would I say he's ducking, etc.? And vice versa. I'm a Pacquaio fan but if this is just a tune up I can deal with it. If he's going on some European tour, not so much.

Maybe Pacquaio should take a tune up in the Phillipines?

Edit, fuck that in a way, he should not fight Matthew Hatton. Sorry but just no. That's messed up. Really Salita too. The fact is none of these guys, no offense to any of them, are NOT tough fights as tune ups or as any kind of fights for Floyd. They're sparring sessions. But if he's gonna have a sparring session it should be against Quintana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly i think it's false... inside sources whatever nothing is official let's sit back and wait till Floyd speaks out then we can judge the guy... We have heard nothing from team Mayweather about him fighting these guys so let's sit back and chill because if you think about none of the above fighters make sense, i don't see no ppv in fighting none.. Matthew hatton seriously.. lol i don't believe none of this
    Hidden Content There is no reward for second place

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fact that it's an anonymous source in this case leads me to believe this is a tabloid.

You really think Floyd would fight Salita right after Khan destroys him? Not a chance.

I bet someone overheard someone Ellerbe a joke and reported it as fact.
    I don't believe this for a second.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Yeah right. that's seems to be a Floyd move to me.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There will be a million of thse stories before fight time. Maybe, but NO WAY he fights Matthew Hatton instead of just taking on Ricky Hatton.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool Re: Mayweather to fight Quintana, Salita or Matthew Hatton in the UK?

Hahaha, I love these "anonymous" stories - You can almost guarantee you'll see the same posters come on to the thread and latch on to it like it's truth!

Mayweather is a chicken
    Mayweather is a runner
    Mayweather had a tune up already against the P4P 3rd in the world
    Mayweather wants to fight Matthew Hatton (if you believe that, you believe in father fuckin christmas)

Boring, boring...boring.

4 things recently that Floyd has said PERSONALLY that he may be scrutinised for :-

He is in this more for money, than legacy. (granted)
    WHEN he knocks out Pacquaio he still won't get respect.
    If Pacquaio wants a fight, call me out.
    He would like to do a world tour in the future. (maybe where the rumours of all these fighters have come from)

Where the hell did he ever mention, Salita/Quintana/Mathhew?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it's true then it should be a tune up fight against Mosley or Clottey. I think those two can rake in the money much better than Salita, Hatton, and other non-elite boxers since Floyd fights for the money after all.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tune up my a$$.

Mayweather is all low risk, high reward these days. He knows that if he fights one of these guys in the US, he would not be able to sell out the arena, but take it on the road over to UK, and he knows that no matter who he's fighting, it will get sold out.

Do you really think that he's going to get into the ring with Manny? I sure as $hit don't, he's to afraid of losing that zero on his record. Mayweather will make such ridiculous demands during any negotiations, that it will make it impossible to strike a deal. Then he'll put all the blame on Manny and his team, saying that Manny didn't want to fight him.

Just guessing here, but I wouldn't be surprised if the source for this story is Mayweather Sr., he talks to one of the main writers of the site all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really doubt Mayweather would sell out a 7-11 parking lot in UK fighting Salita or Matt Hatton and I dont believe it for a second.. I could have sworn I read a report that hours after the fight Schaffer had the OK to start negoiating with Arum for this.

There is no way in hell Floyd gaffs this bizillion dollar payday and shot at history by passing on Pac. Even his staunchest haters cough...cough.. Danny and Diane surely cant believe that....

Pac looked busted up and Floyd taking a stay busy fight in the interim against a Quintana esque fighter, I have no problem with seeing Mayweather shouldnt stay on the shelf for a year waiting for Pac to heal + training camp etc.. but seriously Salita or Matt Hatton doubt it.... I might just stop watching boxing and delete my account here if thats the case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This absolutely has to be some kind of joke or bogus story. With all due respect, the very fact that the notions of Matthew Hatton or Mayweather with another Tune-Up are mentioned in this article plain and utter ridiculous. Matthew Hatton is terrible and Mayweather can absolutely not get away with having another tune-up fight, no way.....

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    I really doubt Mayweather would sell out a 7-11 parking lot in UK fighting Salita or Matt Hatton and I dont believe it for a second.. I could have sworn I read a report that hours after the fight Schaffer had the OK to start negoiating with Arum for this.

There is no way in hell Floyd gaffs this bizillion dollar payday and shot at history by passing on Pac. Even his staunchest haters cough...cough.. Danny and Diane surely cant believe that....

Pac looked busted up and Floyd taking a stay busy fight in the interim against a Quintana esque fighter, I have no problem with seeing Mayweather shouldnt stay on the shelf for a year waiting for Pac to heal + training camp etc.. but seriously Salita or Matt Hatton doubt it.... I might just stop watching boxing and delete my account here if thats the case.
    If Mayweather fought in London against anybody, it would sell out. Thousands of people turned up to catch a glimpse of him going to a training session. The only excuse for not fighting Pacquiao would be fighting the Mosley-Berto winner or Paul Williams. But anyone who believes that article either hates Mayweather too much for their own good or lacks the ability to reason. No way would he fight Matthew Hatton

Hell, if he wants a tune-up in the UK, he'll rematch Ricky Hatton or fight Amir Khan.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JT I don't believe for a second he'd fight Matthew Hatton (cause my head would explode) but that would sell out in England no doubt.

Edit-What Jaz said too.

As Killer said the weird name is Salita cause of the Khan fight.

I get why people are discrediting the article, a couple of the names seem odd, but would anybody be shocked if he fought Quintana in kind of a tune up fight and did it in England to make it an event? I wouldn't personally.

Thread Information