Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I say Pascal beats the brakes off of Bute!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I say Pascal beats the brakes off of Bute!

... I'm talking about another stoppage for Bute. Probably by the 9th or 10th round. Bute can't handle a REAL live fighter in his prime. He can't.

Sure, he can beat old fighters, or fighters who have dodgy confidence issues, but he can't beat a live, hungry fighter- as is Pascal.

Pascal punishes him. Probably worse than the Froch beating!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Enjoy your erection

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I say Pascal beats the brakes off of Bute!

One guy's a poor man's Roy Jones, without the freakish speed and phenomenal athleticism necessary to successfully pull off Roy's unconventional style against world-class opposition. Pascal's quite 1-dimensional as well.

The other guy's multi-dimensional and a smarter, better-schooled fighter with much more tools in his arsenal.

Bute by liver shot KO inside 8 rds.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    One guy's a poor man's Roy Jones, without the freakish speed and phenomenal athleticism necessary to successfully pull off Roy's unconventional style against world-class opposition. Pascal's quite 1-dimensional as well.

The other guy's multi-dimensional and a smarter, better-schooled fighter with much more tools in his arsenal.

Bute by liver shot KO inside 8 rds.
    True. But that multi-dimensional fighter doesn't seem to take a punch to well. 50-50 fight

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think bute is damaged goods after froch smashed him but at the same time I don't really rate pascal always looks like he has stamina issues so I agree 50/50 fight.but if ether then want to step up it up to ward,froch or Kessler they will be well beat.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1984 View Post
    Think bute is damaged goods after froch smashed him but at the same time I don't really rate pascal always looks like he has stamina issues so I agree 50/50 fight.but if ether then want to step up it up to ward,froch or Kessler they will be well beat.
    I think Bute reached it with the Froch fight. We don't expect him to beat anyone on the level with or slightly above Froch.

His best effort is if he wins, then takes a fight against Ward- who knows, may as well, cuz it ain't like Ward has anyone out there left to fight cuz he beat em all- and then go on a world tour fighting tin cans and talk about how BLOODY GOOD you were!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    I think Bute reached it with the Froch fight. We don't expect him to beat anyone on the level with or slightly above Froch.

His best effort is if he wins, then takes a fight against Ward- who knows, may as well, cuz it ain't like Ward has anyone out there left to fight cuz he beat em all- and then go on a world tour fighting tin cans and talk about how BLOODY GOOD you were!
    I dont really like commenting on fights i havent watched but judging by the scorecards Froch beat Pascal very easy. This fight is at light heavy, his chin could be better with extra weight. I also think Pascal is a bit past it. I think this is a pickem fight. At light heavy there is a good few fights for him. Id say Cleverly would love to fight him. Hopkins might fight him and id say Dawson would fight him too. Plenty of chances to rebuild his career. im looking forward to this one, mainly cz its on after Froch Kessler so will be a good session

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

I dont really like commenting on fights i havent watched but judging by the scorecards Froch beat Pascal very easy. This fight is at light heavy, his chin could be better with extra weight. I also think Pascal is a bit past it. I think this is a pickem fight. At light heavy there is a good few fights for him. Id say Cleverly would love to fight him. Hopkins might fight him and id say Dawson would fight him too. Plenty of chances to rebuild his career. im looking forward to this one, mainly cz its on after Froch Kessler so will be a good session
    Yeah go watch the fight first. Fight took place in Froch's backyard. The fight was way closer than the bullshit cards said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was a cracking fight between pascal and froch but yeah it was close as

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

Yeah go watch the fight first. Fight took place in Froch's backyard. The fight was way closer than the bullshit cards said
    froch won the last 5 rounds against Pascal as i remember and it was pretty even before that

I dunno what the scores were but if there was a 5 round gap then i agree

it was close tho and even at the end when froch was on top and winning the rounds pascal was right in there

i side with pascal against bute
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post

Very true. I thought Froch won but it was very close. I agree with the thread starter in that I think Pascal takes it via late stoppage.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a corker of a fight. In terms of big even-$ fights this year, Bute-Pascal is up there with all of them - Donaire-Rigo, Kessler-Froch II, and Canelo-Trout. If we are talking about boxing ability, I tend to side with Bute. He can be a master boxer when's he on. The problem is it's hard to get over his performance in the Froch fight.

In his next fight he also somewhat struggled with what appeared to be a limited Grachev. Grachev gave him a rough go of it. However, he went on to upset Erdei in his next fight, and he has knocked out Sillakh, which makes me think that he's a tougher than advertised. In the last few rounds, Bute was beating him up, something that Erdei couldn't do. Could it be that Bute found his pre-Froch form in those last few rounds?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Froch ordeal took Butes soul. The Bell centre will be rocking but decidedly a Pascal house. That alone could win the fight for Pascal. Pascal is going to jump right on him like a group of Ravens on road kill. He cant risk loosing a shoulder. Having said that the uppercut is probably the best punch against Pascal and Bute has a monster uppercut especially when a guy is walking in and he gets extension. I hate watching two favourites fight each other.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information