Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Khan - Maidana in jeopardy already...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan - Maidana in jeopardy already...

Boxing - Marcos Maidana Statement

According to Khan, Maidana is asking for too much money...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan - Maidana in jeopardy already...

I knew it was too good to be true for a fight with Maidana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan pussied out, plain and simple.

Maidana is right. Leave the money issue alone and build some legacy.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not really a balanced article, considering there is no quote from Khan. Besides nobody really know what Maidana is asking for here...
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jesus, everyone is jumping on Khan's balls already saying he has bottled it when nothing has been announced.

From what I've read Maidana has asked for $1m from Goldenboy. HBO have only offered $2m for the fight and you'd think Khan would be getting the bigger split as he's the champion. I'm not sure how much they'd get from the gate etc but I did read that Khan said Maidana is asking for too much. Not because he's interested in what Maidana gets, simply because there isn't enough in the pot to pay both fighters if Maidana gets $1m

If that's the truth you could argue it's Maidana pricing himself out of the fight. I doubt for a second he's scared but he may be being a little greedy.
    Last edited by Conrad; 09-07-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Jesus, everyone is jumping on Khan's balls already saying he has bottled it when nothing has been announced.

From what I've read Maidana has asked for $1m from Goldenboy. HBO have only offered $2m for the fight and you'd think Khan would be getting the bigger split as he's the champion. I'm not sure how much they'd get from the gate etc but I did read that Khan said Maidana is asking for too much. Not because he's interested in what Maidana gets, simply because there isn't enough in the pot to pay both fighters if Maidana gets $1m

If that's the truth you could argue it's Maidana pricing himself out of the fight. I doubt for a second he's scared but he may be being a little greedy.
    Exactly.

Sounds like now Khan has offered Maidana the fight they've started demanding more money. Bradley's promoter, Gary Shaw, accused team Maidana of doing the same thing a few months back.

Where is the Khan article/quotes?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I am pretty certain this is all bullshit/hype etc etc, I have been told on good grounds this fight is all but made. Watch this space.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post

Exactly.

Sounds like now Khan has offered Maidana the fight they've started demanding more money. Bradley's promoter, Gary Shaw, accused team Maidana of doing the same thing a few months back.

Where is the Khan article/quotes?
    This is the only article I found. I didn't post it in an attempt to vilify Khan, I've been a bit of a fan of his for a long time (and well before most people hopped aboard his bandwagon). I just found it interesting that the fight looks like it might not come together. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Maidana was inadvertently pricing himself out of the fight.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't find the original article, just a response to it on this joke of a site. Dan Rafael reported it originally though.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2010/09/rafael-says-hbo-has-offered-2-million-for-the-khan-maidana-fight-if-it-takes-place-in-the-u-s/?

Apologies but can't create link for above, on iPhone

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan deserves the bigger payday, but Maidana deserves a fair shake of the dice too. Hopefully they work it all out.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Khan deserves the bigger payday, but Maidana deserves a fair shake of the dice too. Hopefully they work it all out.
    Facking hell that's mild for you mate. All that nagging must have mellowed you.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think it is khan because he beat MAB & i hate him 4 that

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So does anyone have a legit source that Maidana is pricing himself out? Because that's the info from Khan's side, sorry if I'm skeptical about that.

Maidana's team just went to the WBA and asked that Khan fight him, saying that Khan has ducked him for a year now.

I'm more inclined to believe Maidana, because he wasn't the guy that wanted to fight a shot Erik Morales or JMM at 140.

BTW, can someone explained to me how you can be a "superstar" in boxing without having to fight the number 1 guy in your division or any division? Hell even Floyd and Manny (love them or hate them) worked their way up the ranks and became lineal champs, as did Leonard and De La Hoya.

Only in this new era of boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    So does anyone have a legit source that Maidana is pricing himself out? Because that's the info from Khan's side, sorry if I'm skeptical about that.

Maidana's team just went to the WBA and asked that Khan fight him, saying that Khan has ducked him for a year now.

I'm more inclined to believe Maidana, because he wasn't the guy that wanted to fight a shot Erik Morales or JMM at 140.

BTW, can someone explained to me how you can be a "superstar" in boxing without having to fight the number 1 guy in your division or any division? Hell even Floyd and Manny (love them or hate them) worked their way up the ranks and became lineal champs, as did Leonard and De La Hoya.

khan aint a superstar he was on free tv in last fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post

khan aint a superstar he was on free tv in last fight
    Lol.

Good samaritan though... Pictures - (Photos) Amir Khan humbled with Pakistan relief efforts - National International Sports | Examiner.com

Thread Information