Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Prettyboy The Movie

Hollywood will make a film about his legacy with in the next 10 years ..of that i am 100% sure. He has the background for a movie in the making.

I am wondering what actors will be used. What Film stars would you pick to fill the roles of people in it? For example who would play Floyd, his father and his uncle and which stars would play his most prolific opponents, Oscar, Gatti, Corrales, Zab, Hatton, Cotto, Mosley, etc

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Prettyboy The Movie

I don't think it's an interesting story for a movie unless they really wanna be honest and show all his personal flaws ala Raging Bull and show what a complete scumbag he is/was.

The general public knows too much about Floyd's personal life to get behind him and buy into the "overcoming adversity" angle they used in flicks like Cinderella Man and The Fighter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL what would the sales pitch be for this epic?
    (Spoken in South Park style narration) The story of a boy who was never meant to make it: with only a world-class contender, professional boxer father to teach him the sweet science along with his world championship winning, professional boxer uncle, lil' Floyd never stood a chance to follow in their footsteps let alone learn the fundamentals. When he did surprisingly make it he bravely ducked the world's best fighters at welterweight until they all finally fought each other and were out of prime. He would then go on to play a major role in allowing one of the greatest sporting events of all time to not happen. He cited his own greed and fear of getting hurt as reasons for this noble act. He heroically beat his wife in front of his own children then spent a crushing 90 days in a minimum security prison. Never beaten, never knocked down, never cut, never forced to fight and never exciting, the unbelievable, shocking, yet true story of one of the hardest men in boxing, the "Pretty Boy"...
    LOL I'd rather pay for one of his PPVs

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Sammuel L Jackson could play his father, maybe John Goodman as Gatti and how about Chris Rock as Floyd. I don't know if there is enough general interest in Floyd for a major motion picture to be warranted. I know Millions buy his pay per views but even Floyd with all that exposure isn't a household name. Most of the casual fans I know think he is a heavyweight which goes to show you they are not interested enough to find out.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont see why not. If a film about Micky Ward winning the WBU title can be a hit Im sure one about Floyd can be. Snr is every bit as fucked up and funny as Dicky. I'd watch it just to hear the actor playing Snr call Manny a homosection during an interview whilst looking over his shoulder to see if anyone is watching.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Dont see why not. If a film about Micky Ward winning the WBU title can be a hit Im sure one about Floyd can be. Snr is every bit as fucked up and funny as Dicky. I'd watch it just to hear the actor playing Snr call Manny a homosection during an interview whilst looking over his shoulder to see if anyone is watching.
    Ward also fought anyone did not care and had a crowd pleasing style. He was also a nice guy that helps. Speaking of how come the did not show the Gatti fights? Bummer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I think Sammuel L Jackson could play his father, maybe John Goodman as Gatti and how about Chris Rock as Floyd. I don't know if there is enough general interest in Floyd for a major motion picture to be warranted. I know Millions buy his pay per views but even Floyd with all that exposure isn't a household name. Most of the casual fans I know think he is a heavyweight which goes to show you they are not interested enough to find out.
    LOL ... Cant tell if serious or troll.

Kevin Hart would be a better fit...

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    LOL ... Cant tell if serious or troll.

Kevin Hart would be a better fit...

Nope, I was trying to be funny. I hate to toot my own horn but I think I did pretty good on the comedy with that one.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sO AN UGLY BASTARD WHO BEATS HIS WIFE , AND IS A GREAT BOXER , GET A MOVIE ,
    ISNT THAT JUST THE FIGHTS WE HAVE SEEN AND A LOAD OF BULLSHIT ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward is a likeable guy you can root for. Floyd is a cock that you want to see get KTFO

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kevin hart.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Ward also fought anyone did not care and had a crowd pleasing style. He was also a nice guy that helps. Speaking of how come the did not show the Gatti fights? Bummer
    They will show that in the sequel.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Audiences like to root for underdogs, and white underdogs at that. Floyd is neither so I don't see it.

That said "Ali" and the new Jackie Robinson movie have done very well so who knows. They are/were beloved by millions of people tho, Floyd is only beloved by hardcore boxing fans and counter culture casual fans who think its hip to like the bad guy.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Playing Floyd? How about Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well if they can make a biopic about Sarah Palin and John MaCain i don't see why they wont make one about Mayweather

Thread Information