Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Why not tease Loma/Linares fake negotiations?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why not tease Loma/Linares fake negotiations?

Amazed there hasn't been a thread about this.

They offered Linares the fight but only on May 12th, the day of the replay of Canelo/GGG. Bob said "they can move the replay" hahaha

The Linares camp response, we can't go against HBOs replay as I am an HBO fighter. Literally cannot, no choice involved. Said they would be willing to do it that date on HBO for more money or else literally any other date.

Bob's reply. They should break their contract and take less money for the good of the sport, to be viewed by more people.

Can't make this nonsense up. And now they negotiate with Beltran, I'm sure everyone is so surprised hahaha.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 02-28-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why not tease Loma/Linares fake negotiations?

Bob is Bob. Some things never change
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm pretty sure Beltran was the plan all along. Pity as both fighters really seemed to want the fight.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe they are just playing the long game. Get Loma another pos WBO trinket and unify Linares. Both Easter and Beltran are coming off fights that can easily see rematches. Either way Loma is seemingly coming to a point where he'll have to keep going up.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Linares is a good fight for Loma. Beltran is not. I get that he is a belt holder now but there really is no reason why Linares shouldn’t be next.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see them wanting to get Loma a trinket at 135. They may even try to boost Verdejo by giving him a shot at Beltran. Will Beltran's cuts be healed in time for May 12?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I can see them wanting to get Loma a trinket at 135. They may even try to boost Verdejo by giving him a shot at Beltran. Will Beltran's cuts be healed in time for May 12?
    Healed only in spirit. Bet dollar to donuts they'll be opened within 2,3 rounds. His legs and the way he stiffened up was a seriously bad omen leading to a Loma thrashing.

and scarum Arum wants ppv for it?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Healed only in spirit. Bet dollar to donuts they'll be opened within 2,3 rounds. His legs and the way he stiffened up was a seriously bad omen leading to a Loma thrashing.

Yea PPV is a joke, especially if Manny vs Alvarado is the undercard attraction. I heard that fight was in jeopardy as well ( that's a good thing tho). Beltran has looked faded for awhile now, he was dropped heavy by Maicelo and also suffered cuts in the Vasquez fight. He'll be a sacrificial lamb to the slaughter for Loma. Loma wants his 3rd division title but I'd much rather him stay at 130 and fight Berchelt. We may still get the Linares fight down the track.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

Yea PPV is a joke, especially if Manny vs Alvarado is the undercard attraction. I heard that fight was in jeopardy as well ( that's a good thing tho). Beltran has looked faded for awhile now, he was dropped heavy by Maicelo and also suffered cuts in the Vasquez fight. He'll be a sacrificial lamb to the slaughter for Loma. Loma wants his 3rd division title but I'd much rather him stay at 130 and fight Berchelt. We may still get the Linares fight down the track.
    Mike Alvarado? Odd as it reminds of Beltran a bit. Great grit and fire both but kind of guys who share band aids and ice packs at the moment. Spot on with Berchelt I think it's a real missed obstacle..trinket included.. for Loma.

May be getting ahead but not a good sign in long run when you can already point out decent, respectable comp left behind in the name of a 4th rate trinket. No doubt if they get Manny on the card it'll be Arums green light to ppv.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can only hope they are holding off on these fights knowing that the WBSS is interested in a lightweight tournament. If we're lucky enough Mikey, Loma and Linares could all be included. Draws for the 2 (possibly a 3rd) division are supposed to be in June.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no problem with fighters moving up weight classes, but fighting the best is the most important. If Loma is going up to 135, he needs to fight Linares or Garcia (if he moves back down). Otherwise, just stay at 130 and fight Berchelt who is a more interesting matchup than Beltran.

Having a trinket in multiple weight classes has become a joke. Most people win it off of the worst belt holder in the division and then becomes a four weight title holder. It’s ridiculous.

Thread Information