Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Naoya Inoue v Yoann Boyeau. Ouch!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Naoya Inoue v Yoann Boyeau. Ouch!

Was hoping to see Inoue on 'Super Fly II' card but sounds like he's moving up to 118 which sincerely sucks and makes a guy wonder why. Inoue and Wangek clash is right there! With brutal beat downs like this hopefully HBO can take some of that Cletus Seldin airtime and get excited about a potential Inoue v Tete showdown . Maybe Wangek follows him up?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Naoya Inoue v Yoann Boyeau. Ouch!

That's the best left hand in boxing, whether a jab or lethal hook downstairs or on the bonce, looks so heavy and deceptive, greased lightening to boot.

Kal Yafai, WBA champ, turned down the fight for SF2. At Bantam, Tete, Burnett (IBF, WBA champ) or the drug cheat Nery are all fantastic matchups. And, of course, Yamanaka would be the Japanese fight.

He said he's willing to come to the UK for a champ, wonder how willing they'll be to invite him? The Tete fight would be fantastic.
    Last edited by Fenster; 12-31-2017 at 09:48 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He looked great. Very unfortunate that he is moving up in weight because there are a few really good options for him at 115.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    That's the best left hand in boxing, whether a jab or lethal hook downstairs or on the bonce, looks so heavy and deceptive, greased lightening to boot.

Kal Yafai, WBA champ, turned down the fight for SF2. At Bantam, Tete, Burnett (IBF, WBA champ) or the drug cheat Nery are all fantastic matchups. And, of course, Yamanaka would be the Japanese fight.

He said he's willing to come to the UK for a champ, wonder how willing they'll be to invite him? The Tete fight would be fantastic.
    Jerwin Ancajas apparently turned Inoue down as well. Tete would take the fight. Hearn probably won't want to risk Burnett, unless the money is nice. The Tete fight is mouth watering. Even a fight with the tainted Nery would be awesome to see how good Nery really is.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    He looked great. Very unfortunate that he is moving up in weight because there are a few really good options for him at 115.
    It's sad we won't see him in against the Estrada/ Wangek winner anytime soon.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even without Inoue, the combination at superfly of Ancajas and Yafai with Estrada and Wang make it still a great division. I think the matches for Inoue stepping up are just as exciting. Nery has already proved himself top-drawer by backing up the Yamanaka win with Villanueva.

Adam Booth, Burnett's trainer/manager, is about as shrewd as it gets matching his guys. Burnett is basically a unified prospect. I'd be surprised if he puts Burnett in with any of those three, for at least 12 months or so, but if he did, I wouldn't write Burnett off.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't remember the last time I heard a guy yell like that being hit to the body . Have a sneaking suspicion..a hope maybe..that Tete is in the offing as there was mention of Tete for a spot on HBO superfly card. It's a stretch but wbo loves to rocket favorites into mandatory when they climb divisions. Bottom line is he needs to be featured in States. Can easily see Wang and his David Tua legs going up to 118 to make a date also.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even without Inoue, the combination at superfly of Ancajas and Yafai with Estrada and Wang make it still a great division. I think the matches for Inoue stepping up are just as exciting. Nery has already proved himself top-drawer by backing up the Yamanaka win with Villanueva.

Adam Booth, Burnett's trainer/manager, is about as shrewd as it gets matching his guys. Burnett is basically a unified prospect. I'd be surprised if he puts Burnett in with any of those three, for at least 12 months or so, but if he did, I wouldn't write Burnett off.
    You left out Caudras, who is on par with anyone at 115. I'm not entirely sure if Gonzalez is completely done yet. Rau'shee Warren is always a tough out. Don't think much of Tso, but Norberto Jimenez is a hard guy to beat. The division is definitely still alive and well.

I agree Burnett will be a stern test for anyone, it's more Hearn & co stalling things.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

You left out Caudras, who is on par with anyone at 115. I'm not entirely sure if Gonzalez is completely done yet. Rau'shee Warren is always a tough out. Don't think much of Tso, but Norberto Jimenez is a hard guy to beat. The division is definitely still alive and well.

I agree Burnett will be a stern test for anyone, it's more Hearn & co stalling things.
    For sure, I was purposely just mentioning the belt holders from both divisions. Ancajas never even got a mention at the last superfly event and Yafai is still waffling on about Choco. Plenty of serious threats.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Serious and marketable often butt heads to big networks . If Inoue wants stardom, they dipped their toe for a reason, he needs some Wang.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxnation twitter feed today said Warren trying to omake Inoue Tete. Makes sense as Tete kind of like Rigo in that he brings very little money so will have to fight the best if theyll have him. I really like the fight if it gets made.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Serious and marketable often butt heads to big networks . If Inoue wants stardom, they dipped their toe for a reason, he needs some Wang.
    Japan-vs-Thailand doesn't sell in America. Inoue was brought to America for Choco, who was the major attraction for HBO/US Latino fans. It's not a coincidence they chose to match Estrada and Wang, even allowing for the mandatory situation. The draw is the Mexican and his fellow countrymen they will put on the undercard.

Inoue will never be a big American headline attraction, there is no market for him there, however, he is a star, his audience is his home, where boxing flourishes. And, of course, carries enough clout to sell against champions from other countries.
    Last edited by Fenster; 01-04-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Japan-vs-Thailand doesn't sell in America. Inoue was brought to America for Choco, who was the major attraction for HBO/US Latino fans. It's not a coincidence they chose to match Estrada and Wang, even allowing for the mandatory situation. The draw is the Mexican and his fellow countrymen they will put on the undercard.

Inoue will never be a big American headline attraction, there is no market for him there, however, he is a star, his audience is his home, where boxing flourishes. And, of course, carries enough clout to sell against champions from other countries.
    Can't you say that applies to entire division range though. That's why super-fly card was so overdue and opportunity for matches. Think it was Cuadras rematch brought in with hbo Choco in mind and Gonzalez had pretty much dismissed Inoue fight for money talked about. HBO's purse strings are just too tight. They've gone quantity over quality with some of the shat they shovel out. Inoue gets exposure and talks but knows he can bounce off to Japan for main stage and deep pockets. He could have brought Choco with him and made a killing. Meanwhile Cuadras Arroyo as main support just trying to sort out who gets next role as opponent.

It's a fan thing. Inoue needs to be on air and depending who you believe Hearn turned him down for Yafai?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was me that said Yafai turned down Inoue It's not a secret, Hearn explained it wasn't worth the risk/reward.

The entire superfly purses came to just over a million dollars (absolute peanuts for a HBO card), 600k was Choco's purse. He was the attraction, the ticket seller, putting bums on seats. Inoue took $180k (for his gimme), Wang 170k with Cuadras and Estrada splitting 130k. Inoue took the hit to set up the now defunct Choco fight.

Big stars to boxing loons, small fry in general. Even on this site, a thread about McGregor, Wilder, Joshua picking their nose gets more action than these guys matchups.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was me that said Yafai turned down Inoue It's not a secret, Hearn explained it wasn't worth the risk/reward.

The entire superfly purses came to just over a million dollars (absolute peanuts for a HBO card), 600k was Choco's purse. He was the attraction, the ticket seller, putting bums on seats. Inoue took $180k (for his gimme), Wang 170k with Cuadras and Estrada splitting 130k. Inoue took the hit to set up the now defunct Choco fight.

Big stars to boxing loons, small fry in general. Even on this site, a thread about McGregor, Wilder, Joshua picking their nose gets more action than these guys matchups.
    Wise choice I say . didn't know the splits. Is a nice resurgence and all had to look to next matches. Did they offer Choco a slot? Crazy to think Michael Carbajal was 1st to bank a million two decades ago and still somehow with rare exception does weight range get top US coverage. It's still salvageable as far as quality fights, be interested to see Choco but no telling after that bulldozing he took. Also like Inoue over Yafai but again both with massive home bases.

Thread Information