Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Haye vs Wlad Klitschko

Read an article, via Saddo, that David Haye called Wladimir a bum and said he would go up a weight class after his 'sure' win over Enzo. He said he will smash Wlad and take the title.

I never heard of this Haye until yesterday.

I watched his clips on youtube and he is a pretty good fighter.

However I am a huge Klitschko fan and believe Wlad would beat him if it came to a fight.
    First impressions, I don't like this Haye guy attitude and hope he gets dropped on his ass!

If these two meet, what are you opinions and tips on the outcome?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye vs Wlad Klitschko

I'm with you on this one mate, big Wlad fan and I'm a fan because of his performances. People will go on about Sam Peter's 3 knockdowns (all of them behind the head) and the Sanders knockout, but these incidents prove absolutely nothing about Klitschko's ability and pedigree as a champion. Might as well berate Lewis for his defeat at the hands of Rahman. He has devastating power, excellent precision and a fantastic ability to fight at range.
    Furthermore, people commenting on the Ibragimov fight, Sultan is a dangerous fighter with fast hands that Wlad fought from a range and used the best tools for the job to deal with him. Theres nothing wrong with fighting defensive fights, just ask Mayweather Jr. If you want people knocking living shit out of each other, take the Duddy fight that was on the undercard. Its hardly a display of boxing technique and ring craft that real fans appreciate though.
    Anyway as for Haye, he must be delusional if he thinks he stands a chance against the intelligent and powerful fighter that displays itself in Wladimir Klitschko.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad is too complete a package for Haye to beat 95% of the time, however Haye is pretty quick, and he hits like mofo so if he lands that right cross cleanly I would believe Wlad would go down, however, landing that punch could easily not happen in 12 rounds, and Wladimir would definitely have the power to take Haye out with his left hook or right hand, hell maybe even his jab could put Haye on the canvas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad by KO in 1st.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In all sports there have always been cases where heavy favorites have lost despite the fact that it seemed they had an advantage in all facets of the game. So there is a chance Haye can win, but I think this is a situation where Wlad has every advantage. I just hope Haye doesnt think he can bum rush Wlad and get a quick KO, cause they aint gonna work.....

I will be honest I dont like Haye cause of his big mouth and I hope he gets KO'd. I cant stand big talkers like Haye, Witter, and Tarver who started talkin a ton of crap and were disrespectful before they proved anything.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye will going to get massacred. I hope Wlad gets the same respect as former great fighters who were saftey first, had defence and always wasnt great to watch, such as jack johnson and gene tunney, tommy loughran, maxie rosenbloom. Wladimir has never avoided no one and is the true art of boxing hit and not be hit. After he shuts haye up i think he will get his due respect as a truly great fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Steelhammer View Post
    Haye will going to get massacred. I hope Wlad gets the same respect as former great fighters who were saftey first, had defence and always wasnt great to watch, such as jack johnson and gene tunney, tommy loughran, maxie rosenbloom. Wladimir has never avoided no one and is the true art of boxing hit and not be hit. After he shuts haye up i think he will get his due respect as a truly great fighter.
    No one can deny that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Klitschko by ko no doubt whatsoever

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slowmotion426 View Post
    Wlad by KO in 1st.
    Easy Tiger... haye still has to beat Enzo Mac first...

I wonder if that rumoured Hatton-Pacquio fight will ever get signed.

Or when people will stop randomly bumping up old threads on subjects that have been discussed to death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it was very smart for Wlad to take this fight now and stupid for Haye. If Wlad destroys Haye, (which is how I see it) Haye will look foolish. I also don't think Haye expected Wlad to take him on this soon, instead believing Wlad would fight his mandatory's thus allowing time to become more comfortable as a HW while continuing to talk more trash, hyping the fight. Oh well, too late; it's on!

Wlad 1.0 considered himself invincible, charging forward with reckless abandon, which got him in trouble against Brewster 1, but Wlad 2.0 typically plays it safe against big men; using his stiff jab and excellent conditioning to wear a fighter down. However, he fights with confidence and viciousness against lighter and/or less experienced fighters which is how I see Haye in the HW division, and I believe that he will jump on him early and try to punish him. We'll see.

El Kabong Guest

I've stated in several threads that Wlad is too experienced for David Haye. Sure Haye has a shot to beat Wladimir but Sam Peter did as well.

I think the gravity of the situation will get to David Haye, he talks a bunch and I think he's trying to calm himself down a bit because when the "biggest fights" of your career are Enzo Maccarinelli and Monte Barrett then fighting THE Heavyweight Champion is a gigantic step up.

I don't blame the David Haye fans for supporting him, I just think they are lost in the myth of their favorite fighter and they don't take a rational look at who he has fought and what has happened to him in previous fights.

Look at Wladimir right before the Corrie Sanders fight, he was trying to secure a fight vs Lennox Lewis and not even looking back in hindsight NOBODY but the Wlad fans gave him a shot because of? EXPERIENCE and hell back then Wladimir still had a record of 40-1! David Haye may be quick and he may be flashy and have power but Wladimir is a dominant fighter and he's not going to be flustered by Haye especially if David gets nervous.

A nervous fighter is doesn't move his head, is too deliberate in throwing punches, throws wider, you can see the punches coming, and they tire out from using up their energy by nervous movement that does nothing to their opponent.

I don't remember the last time Wlad has been this serious about a fight, I think he is telling everyone it's going 12 to set Haye up for an EARLY KO. I wonder who Lennox is picking?

El Kabong Guest

Also David Haye was KNOCKED DOWN vs Monte Barrett that is a FACT....this "He slipped" bullcrap just doesn't add up. If you SLIP you do it without being punched, Monte caught Haye coming in wild as hell as he in prone to do and popped him and David fell down. There is no SLIP about it.

Sorry, I just get pissed off about that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't wait to see Wlad in action again.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Also David Haye was KNOCKED DOWN vs Monte Barrett that is a FACT....this "He slipped" bullcrap just doesn't add up. If you SLIP you do it without being punched, Monte caught Haye coming in wild as hell as he in prone to do and popped him and David fell down. There is no SLIP about it.

Sorry, I just get pissed off about that
    Yes Lyle... I agree.

It's a well known fact that

a) it is impossible for a punch to push an off balance fighter over, ANY contact that results in a fighter falling MUST be the result of the contact shocking the central nervous system and causing the muscles to fully relax - eg: a Knock Down

b) when a fighter is slipping a force field appears around them making them impossible to hit - ergo if a punch does hit a falling fighter than they CANNOT possibly be slipping because it proves that there is no force field around them at this time, which would clearly indicate slipping.

You're right... it just doesn't add up I say!!
    (above post may contain sarcasm)
    Last edited by AdamGB; 05-18-2009 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye easy KO under 4.

Thread Information