Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Haymon with another network?

Word is Haymon has added on to his deal with NBC adding a deal with Spike. I know people are sick of the mismatches he lines up but it seems like he is going to get boxing back into the public eye. The question is, good or bad? As far as visibility to develope a fan base I don't see how the other promoters can compete right now with what Al is doing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haymon with another network?

Seems like a good move Berto-J. Lopez and Porter-R. Garcia were the fights I heard
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good for fans of boxing and good for the sport fiscally are very different things, I personally can't support the kind of matchups Haymon seems to want to make, but I understand it. Berto-Josesito Lopez couldn't be a bad fight though, possible suicide for Berto considering everything, but maybe Lopez is shopworn now as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Good for fans of boxing and good for the sport fiscally are very different things, I personally can't support the kind of matchups Haymon seems to want to make, but I understand it. Berto-Josesito Lopez couldn't be a bad fight though, possible suicide for Berto considering everything, but maybe Lopez is shopworn now as well.
    You don't like the fights that have been announced so far

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this is what Hayman planned from the beginning things are going good. More fights are a good thing as far as I'm concerned, they don't have to be barnburners or 'significant' fights as far as rankings are concerned, but they have to be competitive!
    We're seeing some interesting changes in the way boxing is conducted outside of the ring.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    Thurman-Guerrero and Broner-Molina could both be great fights for sure; but they don't really excite me. Wouldn't you rather just see Thurman-Broner? Or either of those guys vs Matthyse, or Danny Garcia, or Porter, or Maidana etc, etc. Haymon pretty much has everyone signed, and doesn't seem to want to risk his draws against one another. Guerrero and Molina are both assumed to be opponents here, it doesn't hurt at all if both of them lose and for that reason I tend to bank on that happening. Neither of them have been active and their last fights were both complete wars, both getting up there etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    Thurman-Guerrero and Broner-Molina could both be great fights for sure; but they don't really excite me. Wouldn't you rather just see Thurman-Broner? Or either of those guys vs Matthyse, or Danny Garcia, or Porter, or Maidana etc, etc. Haymon pretty much has everyone signed, and doesn't seem to want to risk his draws against one another. Guerrero and Molina are both assumed to be opponents here, it doesn't hurt at all if both of them lose and for that reason I tend to bank on that happening. Neither of them have been active and their last fights were both complete wars, both getting up there etc.
    He's got 20 something dates to fill and now the added Spike TV deal if these fights lead to the winners facing each other (probably on PPV) and the losers matching up on network TV it's a step in the right direction remember this is just the first few cards, Haymon has roughly 150 fighters signed over numerous divisions I'm going to stay optimistic for now

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know what to make of any of it. Delahoya seems to be turning his stable towards only mexican fighters. Probably part of the long term plan for Delahoya TV. I know they don't plan any live programming at their launch but I would guess that is the plan down the road, to show their fighters on Delahoya TV. But I assume that won't be carried by many cable providers limiting exposure.

I don't like any of these promoters having exclusive deals. It makes fights between stables harder and harder to make. HBO and Showtime gave up all their power it seems which would have been a good thing if that power hadn't gone to even worse people, the promoters.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It will not happen.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More fights on cable, good. There is a reason Al makes it a point to carry a shopworn guys in addition to hopeful stars. Here though I'd much rather watch Berto and J. Lopez matched up canceling each other out than fed to some top dog with little chance. Both, especially Berto looked shot up last out. Garcia was fortunate to get nod over Prescott and its time to sink or swim.

Thread Information