Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who's Next For Ward?

I don't see anyone beating Ward. He's a beast!!! But he gotta fight. So who's next?

My first choice would be the winner of next week fight with Jcc Jr vs Martinez. If Martinez win, that would be for P4P #1. 2nd choice, B-Hop. Just would like to see that.

Thoughts

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who's Next For Ward?

Either Dirrells, if they grow some balls.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Froch gets through his next three tests, I think he deserves another go at Ward. For the time being, I think if Martinez gets through Chavez he should fight Ward, that would be a cracking fight!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    If Froch gets through his next three tests, I think he deserves another go at Ward. For the time being, I think if Martinez gets through Chavez he should fight Ward, that would be a cracking fight!
    Martinez is closer to Floyd than Ward in weight so think he would take that option.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There really isnt anyone. There are names but they wont fight him any time soon as they are all tied up with each other. Kessler had his facebutted off and the ref did nothing and has a nice big money rematch with froch already sewn up for next year. froch and Bute will be fighting each other. He will fight Magee.

Instead of bringing an established light heavy down in weight, why not move up there?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Martinez is closer to Floyd than Ward in weight so think he would take that option.
    would martinez go to 154 though??

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Either the winner of next week's fight... or Froch. I have no interest in seeing B-Hop fight ANYONE.... nor am I big fan of the Dirrells.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Either the winner of next week's fight... or Froch. I have no interest in seeing B-Hop fight ANYONE.... nor am I big fan of the Dirrells.
    I agree, B-hop doesnt deserve a Ward fight and at 47 he really should retire now.

jon09 Guest

Well Kelly Pavlik for the big name on the resume even though Ward will make an easy night of him too. Froch could be an interesting rematch if the same Froch who fought Bute shows up. And Calzaghe will stay retired because he does not want to risk his 0 against Ward. S.O.G is to good for his own good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I agree, B-hop doesnt deserve a Ward fight and at 47 he really should retire now.
    I rather see B-Hop fight him than to see Froc get his ass beat again by the far superior fighter that Ward is. The winner of Martinez vs Chavez makes sense but like someone already said they would lean more towards Floyd or Pac than to come up against a less known and more dangerous opponent IMO in Ward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I recall B-Hop saying that he'll never fight Ward, I don't know if that was just in jest or if he was serious, there are interviews on YouTube about it I believe...

I don't think Ward realistically have any more contenders in his weight class. He needs to cut weight down, which shouldn't be a problem for him given that he's still young and with the sufficient amount of preparation. If he does this, any of the top P4P would be a good match up for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First I must say greetings to all. I haven't been able to flex my board muscles in so long.............

In response to the comment about Froch saying he is inferior to Ward, I must disagree. I really respect Ward even more after last night, but the Froch fight is the one fight I look back at and sweat seeing how close that was to being an L. Froch for whatever reason came on late, which does not suit his style - low hands and all. And he certainly looked worlds better in his last fight. Ward should think carefully about giving Froch another fight.

However, even with that said, I still think he is the best as of now. It's hard to do what he did and rise to the occasion and impress in a big fight to validate yourself. He did it like only Floyd could. I don't think besides Mayweather, I've seen impressive counters, defense and clean combinations for an entire bout. He landed 37% of his punches and absorbed a mere 29. You have to admit, you all found yourselves gasping those Mayweather gasps at each of the blows and combinations that led to the 3 knockdowns. And you didn't have to force and fake it like many have done with Adrien Broner and the like. We have a legitimate Mayweather clone on our hands. Only thing is that it could be dangerous for him to lose.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Instead of bringing an established light heavy down in weight, why not move up there?
    Because there's no one there. He just beat the best light heavyweight in the world. I doubt the result would be much different if they fought at 175. And the other guys in that division are all a step below Dawson, so at least two steps below Ward. Don't see any point in that.

If JCC were somehow to upset Martinez, that would be the obvious fight to make, since Jr. has no business fighting at MW anyway. He really ought to be at light heavy himself. But I just don't see any result other than Martinez totally dominating him.

While Ward-Martinez would be very interesting P4P-wise on paper, Ward would have to go down to 160 for that to happen, which I don't see him doing. Martinez really can't go up in weight again -- he's still a natural 154-pounder (which again, makes a Mayweather fight the more natural option, though I'm not holding my breath for that either).

Rematch with Froch probably is worthwhile at some point, but just because it's the least bad of bad options. I think that rematch would be even less close than the first one, not for the least because Ward's hand was broken in the first Froch fight.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He said he's thinking on moving up to LHW...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He could face Cloud, Pascal or the dark horse Campillo, who deserves another chance after that travesty he suffered against Cloud.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information