Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why Boxing has to be respected

Well alright. There's a reason I prefaced the nationalist point with saying if JR was Puerto Rican you would be singing a different tune, thought that was pretty obvious and it's telling that you don't try to address that.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Well alright. There's a reason I prefaced the nationalist point with saying if JR was Puerto Rican you would be singing a different tune, thought that was pretty obvious and it's telling that you don't try to address that.
    If Chavez Jr was Puerto Rican he would of quit.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Funny; but in all seriousness, if he were, and the fight had been exactly the same, you would think much differently about the outcome.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LMAO

Empirical = observation, experience and repeatability. Just like how facts are established.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The 98-92 scorecard was ridiculous. Actually so was the 97-93 card. 96-94 was fine. If you prefer a lot of jabs and patty cake punches than Vera won. If you prefer harder, cleaner punches than how can anybody make a case for Vera winning? Either way, I wish they would of gave Vera the win. Not necessarily cuz he earned it. But for respecting boxing. He kept himself in shape. Didn't complain. And went out there and just fought. Chavez needed a reality check. He thought he could get by on talent alone and didn't bother training. He disrespected boxing. Boxing doesn't take disrespect from any fighter. No matter what name he carries. Chavez should of blown Vera away. He didn't. It's an embarrassment that Vera can even make a case for winning. Boxing showed Chavez it will humble him if it has to. Chavez will be in shape for his next fight.

Fuck off out of it. What happens when boxing is respected is you come in at the contracted weight and then get blasted out in a few rounds due to dehydration. Or, as happened tonight, you have every advantage going and are allowed to fight at the weight you weigh but then the judges actually score the fight the way no other fucker on the planet sees it and Chavez loses a clear decision to a journeyman. That's how you respect boxing. Until then, you know exacltly what you can do!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LMFAO, I'm sorry but that was hilarious.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The 98-92 scorecard was ridiculous. Actually so was the 97-93 card. 96-94 was fine. If you prefer a lot of jabs and patty cake punches than Vera won. If you prefer harder, cleaner punches than how can anybody make a case for Vera winning? Either way, I wish they would of gave Vera the win. Not necessarily cuz he earned it. But for respecting boxing. He kept himself in shape. Didn't complain. And went out there and just fought. Chavez needed a reality check. He thought he could get by on talent alone and didn't bother training. He disrespected boxing. Boxing doesn't take disrespect from any fighter. No matter what name he carries. Chavez should of blown Vera away. He didn't. It's an embarrassment that Vera can even make a case for winning. Boxing showed Chavez it will humble him if it has to. Chavez will be in shape for his next fight.

Fuck off out of it. What happens when boxing is respected is you come in at the contracted weight and then get blasted out in a few rounds due to dehydration. Or, as happened tonight, you have every advantage going and are allowed to fight at the weight you weigh but then the judges actually score the fight the way no other fucker on the planet sees it and Chavez loses a clear decision to a journeyman. That's how you respect boxing. Until then, you know exacltly what you can do!
    No shit. That's the point of the whole fucking thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL. That's just wrong.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey VD are you saying Puerto Rican's always quit ? is that a fact .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chavez jr is being treated too harshly, in my gods honest opinion. He didn't train for this fight and yet still took a UD. 96-94 x 3 is understandable, which means a UD is fair. Even though I'm yet to see the fight I also felt the ref gave him a raw deal on some of those calls.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Chavez Jr was Puerto Rican he would have made weight the first time around, he wouldn't have age, experience, and weight on his side and still get his ass kicked......wait a sec, didn't that same scenario happen a couple weeks ago?!?

and VD and Jr keeping true to tradition and making excuses to why the coddled one got his ass beat by the guy who was on The Pretender lol Chavez should be 1-3 against former cast members of The Contender hahaha,

and now I'll leave you hilarious post fight quotes from Jr lol

"I definitely won seven or eight rounds of the fight," Chavez said. "I was very close to knocking him out like three times in the fight."

"He hit me with like 20 headbutts and low blows" "He was finished in the 10th"
    Last edited by ElTerribleMorales; 09-29-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I respect this post. It shows honesty and what we as fight fans expect from well trained atheletes. We pay our money and we deserve the best performance. The empty seats last night showed how no one cared about Chavez Jr. at that point and didn't want to give him a dime for his disrespectful behaviour as a fighter.

But (and I said this on another post about this): Chavez Jr. won that fight EASILY. It was clear Chavez didn't want to hurt Vera last night- and he could have if he stepped on the gas and really put the steam on his punches, doubled up with them and went to the body and head like he has been prone to do.

Chavez Jr. may have felt guilty due to his weight issues, knowing he was probably 10 pounds over the agreed limit- could have been a heavyweight last night and he looked like a Cruiserweight, at least.

When Chavez hit Vera with, "seemingly", mundane punches that were thrown in a whimsical fashion (as if to say: "Hey, let me throw a shot in there!"), Vera got rocked back like he was hit with a bag full of bowling balls. Plus, Chavez Jr. was hitting him more cleanly through the entire match. Also, Chavez Jr. was moving more fluidly and controlling the ring when he wanted to.

Vera was game. Vera had spots brilliance. If the fight was at 160, where it was to have supposed to have been, Vera may have had the power to make Chavez Jr. consider his attacks and also Chavez Jr. may have had that extra steam off of his punches. It would have been a better, harder scrap if at 160 where Vera would have had the advantage.

Last night was clearly a display of self-control of Chavez Jr. (odd, when we say that about Chavez Jr., all things considered) and his ability to win a fight without knocking the guy's head clean off when he very well could have. Chavez Jr. boxed better than I anticipated... he learned alot from that Martinez fight.

If Chavez Jr. had knocked his block off within 2-3 rounds, like how Arturo Gatti used to take advantage of weight gain and nearly kill his much smaller opponents within 3 rounds, we would have been talking even WORSE about his professionalism, or lack thereof, and also about boxing's bad reputation for an unregulated bloodsport where anything goes.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think there's a need to add anything to this thread. @Violent Demise , you have finally shown yourself to be (for the millionth time), the blind, nationalistic, moronic poster you've always been. Like I've always said, you defend the indefensible... right there for all to see.

Ahhh.... it's like going to the forest to chop down a sickly pine, only to find out the damn thing has developed tree rot and has fallen down on its own.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BTW, the first ones who should respect boxing are the boxers themselves.... you clueless dumbass.

You just finished burying yourself with this idiotic thread, illiterate moron.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is probably the least respectful boxer toward the sport in the history of boxing. He should continue living off his daddy's name... except maybe by opening a restaurant or something. Boxing has no place for losers and cheaters like him.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    I respect this post. It shows honesty and what we as fight fans expect from well trained atheletes. We pay our money and we deserve the best performance. The empty seats last night showed how no one cared about Chavez Jr. at that point and didn't want to give him a dime for his disrespectful behaviour as a fighter.

But (and I said this on another post about this): Chavez Jr. won that fight EASILY. It was clear Chavez didn't want to hurt Vera last night- and he could have if he stepped on the gas and really put the steam on his punches, doubled up with them and went to the body and head like he has been prone to do.

Chavez Jr. may have felt guilty due to his weight issues, knowing he was probably 10 pounds over the agreed limit- could have been a heavyweight last night and he looked like a Cruiserweight, at least.

When Chavez hit Vera with, "seemingly", mundane punches that were thrown in a whimsical fashion (as if to say: "Hey, let me throw a shot in there!"), Vera got rocked back like he was hit with a bag full of bowling balls. Plus, Chavez Jr. was hitting him more cleanly through the entire match. Also, Chavez Jr. was moving more fluidly and controlling the ring when he wanted to.

Vera was game. Vera had spots brilliance. If the fight was at 160, where it was to have supposed to have been, Vera may have had the power to make Chavez Jr. consider his attacks and also Chavez Jr. may have had that extra steam off of his punches. It would have been a better, harder scrap if at 160 where Vera would have had the advantage.

Last night was clearly a display of self-control of Chavez Jr. (odd, when we say that about Chavez Jr., all things considered) and his ability to win a fight without knocking the guy's head clean off when he very well could have. Chavez Jr. boxed better than I anticipated... he learned alot from that Martinez fight.

If Chavez Jr. had knocked his block off within 2-3 rounds, like how Arturo Gatti used to take advantage of weight gain and nearly kill his much smaller opponents within 3 rounds, we would have been talking even WORSE about his professionalism, or lack thereof, and also about boxing's bad reputation for an unregulated bloodsport where anything goes.
    Was Chavez pretending to be exhausted to go easy on Vera.

Thread Information